Jeremiah Trotter says he won't wear a Cowboys jersey if they draft his son

starfan1

Reaction score
if trotter is the pick it means we missed on a few better ones and the cowboys went a different direction in the first and possibly second. Give me Wilson or Cooper before him. Heck Id even take eichenberg before him there may be a couple others as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's lying..........so if his balls out and makes ALL-Pro and/or All-rookie, he will refuse to support him? Yeah right, I bet Mom disagrees ....lol

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Jeremiah Trotter is from my hometown in Texas and no doubt a big deal there but I wouldn't wear Philty anything gear with his or his sons number or the Philty logo if my life depended on it. I will say he probably grew up either a Cowboys or Texans fan but converted upon being drafted out of college. Having myself grown up in that same tiny town as he we really never had wanna be Philly Eagles fans that I remember so it would be rare if he did as well while growing up there.
I don't think the Texans were around when he was growing up.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I honestly respect that. If I had a son that was getting drafted, and he got drafted by Washington, NY, or Philly, I'd be proud as hell but wouldn't wear their jersey either.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Toro9

Reaction score
I respect that. I would just hope he wouldn't wear an Eagles jersey if he was at the game when we played them. He should be rooting for his son, not a team.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I’m not mad at it…

I’m a Hurricanes fan. If I had a son and he went to FSU/UF/OState, I’d probably disown him lol…

Nah, I’d support but I couldn’t wear those colors either. I’d be in the stands rooting my boy on but still cheering for the ‘Canes so, alls fair in my book :shrugs:

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's spelled "contrac(t)" and "bran(d)..... and what is a "mah"?
“I still got a lil faith in Dak, but if we had a better solution, I would hop on that opportunity. Dak is a damn good quarterback, but he is missing that "something". No matter what anyone says, you got to respect Dak for being able to do what he's done, coming from the draft position that he..”

Recognize that?

What’s “lil?”

“something”. Punctuation goes inside quotation.

you got to respect….? Yeah?

That’s from only your last post. But I’ll offer an apology since illiteracy runs in mah family.

Unless you want to keep playing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
JT Sr. didn't say anything controversial, IMO. He doesn't need to wear that jersey to support his son.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good for him.

Part of the problem with the NFL is a lack of loyalty between the players and teams, teams and players. It doesn't run either direction. Free agency killed that. So, I have no problem at all with a player of any team remaining loyal to their team.
You're right. At first I was thinking, "What a #@&$#&@%", but after seeing your point of view, I have to give a tiny bit of respect.

Flamma

Reaction score
if trotter is the pick it means we missed on a few better ones and the cowboys went a different direction in the first and possibly second. Give me Wilson or Cooper before him. Heck Id even take eichenberg before him there may be a couple others as well.
Sure, for a 2nd round pick. Trotter might be there in the 3rd.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Trotter's swelling hate is transparent. The actual question posed to him was, "What if he were drafted by the Cowboys or the Giants?" His response did not include New York. Trotter's brain shut down after he heard 'Cowboys' unless the clip is abbreviated. :laugh:

I have zero problem with his decision. In my opinion, people should demonstrate loyalty in anything they fully embrace.

(Rant) In contract, I have an issue with those spliced together jerseys, caps, etc., parents wear when their kids are on different teams. Pros. College. Whatever the sport.

You have been supporting your kids since before they played sports. Your loyalty is to your kids. You wore your clothes all that time. There is no reason to suddenly slam two (or even more) team apparel together to show equal loyalty between kids. You are already your kids most loyal person in the entire world. :rolleyes: Plus, the look is gaudy and ugly. :muttley: