Jeremiah Trotter says he won't wear a Cowboys jersey if they draft his son

starfan1

Reaction score
Sure, for a 2nd round pick. Trotter might be there in the 3rd.
It’s my belief that DT and LB should be the first 2 picks unless JPJ falls to us as going BPA is always the best route . I’m also concerned about the Oline

Interesting what will happen as I believe the cowboys believe Hoffman and bass are the future . As they have faith in OSA and Mazi can man the other side of ball

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Trotter isn't fooling anybody with talk about his son and the Cowboys drafting him. He's doing the same thing that many agents are doing when they're trying get their FA clients signed and that's throwing the Cowboys name out there to drum-up more interest than there really is for the one's that they represent.........LOL!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's ok, who supports their son?

Put him down for Father of the Year award!

:oops:

And just for the record, Dad is a college alumnus of mine. But I can't excuse what he said, after all, the jersey would read "Jr.", I think most people would understand he's supporting his son, not the Dallas Cowboys overall..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jeremiah Trotter is from my hometown in Texas and no doubt a big deal there but I wouldn't wear Philty anything gear with his or his sons number or the Philty logo if my life depended on it. I will say he probably grew up either a Cowboys or Texans fan but converted upon being drafted out of college. Having myself grown up in that same tiny town as he we really never had wanna be Philly Eagles fans that I remember so it would be rare if he did as well while growing up there.
I went to the same college as Trotter, Sr. I can/did support him as a fellow alumnus without being an Eagles supporter.
Why does everything have to be all or nothing?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yall know he's just talking trash to make interesting quotes right?

Some people are acting like he really gives a da#n. It's just a business. Trotter went and played for Washington for a couple years. He woulda played for Dallas, or worse, the Giants, if they had paid him more.

He's just riling up the fanboys to stir the pot.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Good for him.

Part of the problem with the NFL is a lack of loyalty between the players and teams, teams and players. It doesn't run either direction. Free agency killed that. So, I have no problem at all with a player of any team remaining loyal to their team.
Oh boy. "Free agency killed loyalty." Yes, it was much better when you could just offer plans low ball contracts and they really had no other options.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s my belief that DT and LB should be the first 2 picks unless JPJ falls to us as going BPA is always the best route . I’m also concerned about the Oline

Interesting what will happen as I believe the cowboys believe Hoffman and bass are the future . As they have faith in OSA and Mazi can man the other side of ball
If LBs Wilson or Cooper is there, LB can be a 2nd round pick. But no LB should be a first round pick. I don't believe any LB in this draft will go first round.

At DT, if Murphy or Newton are there, sure.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What over 40 year old grown man wears jerseys lol.

He will wear a Dallas Cowboys cap if his son comes here.

Bagman

Reaction score
I just spent a few minutes watching YouTube videos of Trotter getting abused by countless RBs. Yes, he was very stout if you ran directly at him. But if a RB had any wiggle at all, Trotter looked like Santa Claus chasing a runaway reindeer. Brutal. Oh yeah, he also NEVER won anything. Loser.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He can do whatever he wants, but if my kid was drafted by a hated rival I'd be rocking his jersey and cheering for him to go get the W.

Scotman

Reaction score
Oh boy. "Free agency killed loyalty." Yes, it was much better when you could just offer plans low ball contracts and they really had no other options.
I understand what you're saying. There's NO doubt it was better for the players to have some choice and free agency. And, to be fair, I didn't say "it was much better." I said it was part of the problem. You've added a words to make what I said sound dramatically worse. Free agency did change the landscape of the NFL. There is zero loyalty among any of them and that impacts what fans see now. So, it doesn't bother me at all to see a player display some loyalty.

The real question is, "How can the NFL foster genuine loyalty between the teams and players ,while not making the players nothing more than property?"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trotter's swelling hate is transparent. The actual question posed to him was, "What if he were drafted by the Cowboys or the Giants?" His response did not include New York. Trotter's brain shut down after he heard 'Cowboys' unless the clip is abbreviated. :laugh:

I have zero problem with his decision. In my opinion, people should demonstrate loyalty in anything they fully embrace.

(Rant) In contract, I have an issue with those spliced together jerseys, caps, etc., parents wear when their kids are on different teams. Pros. College. Whatever the sport.

You have been supporting your kids since before they played sports. Your loyalty is to your kids. You wore your clothes all that time. There is no reason to suddenly slam two (or even more) team apparel together to show equal loyalty between kids. You are already your kids most loyal person in the entire world. :rolleyes: Plus, the look is gaudy and ugly. :muttley:
I'm guessing those parents started by wearing the eldest child's jersey. Then, as the younger child started playing sports, they didn't want to not wear that child's jersey, but didn't want to stop wearing the elder child's jersey. This, the introduction of the Frankenjersey.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing those parents started by wearing the eldest child's jersey. Then, as the younger child started playing sports, they didn't want to not wear that child's jersey, but didn't want to stop wearing the elder child's jersey. This, the introduction of the Frankenjersey.
That is a great description! Frankenjersey! :laugh:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Heck all my Dallas jerseys have been thrown out. Only thing left I have is a Cowboys coffee mug and I use that to scoop dog food into my dogs bowl.
Only thing I have left is a cap which was previously owned by a former player.

StarLord

Reaction score
What a narcissist.

Let your son live his life and enjoy his moment.

He does not have to stay in your shadow.
Yeah I find this fairly toxic. Supporting your kid has nothing to do with your past.