Jermaine Johnson

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking more in the 3rd/4th rd range. Outside the top 2-3 TE's, they all are considered late day 2 selections into early day 3.
I developed a man crush for McBride. I think he could be something in this league.

cowboyec

Reaction score
dallas wasn't the only team that passed.
gotta be a reason why someone who i was told by media boards would go within the top 15 fell to the bottom of rd1.
maybe its this cat whose the next taco.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When a player falls that far, it most often turns out that that teams knew something that fans/media didn't know (medical or character).
Is there evidence to support that? I'm not convinced. Sure, some of them bust, but some of all of them bust. But I think about Moss and Dez and Rodgers. It could be true, I don't know, but I'm skeptical.

Proof

Reaction score
BS.

Sure didn't apply to TJ Watt. Most certainly will not apply to Jermaine Johnson either. He flat out was the best D-lineman during the Senior Bowl, during Senior Bowl Week and was one of the better performance and timed Edge rushers at the NFL Combine. No one could stop him during Senior Bowl Week workouts, and his 2021 season tape was among the best.

Enough with the excuses for Jerry & Company. They most likely pulled another Taco Charlton draft decision screw up.

lol TJ Watt had serious issues in both knees.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
BS.

Sure didn't apply to TJ Watt. Most certainly will not apply to Jermaine Johnson either. He flat out was the best D-lineman during the Senior Bowl, during Senior Bowl Week and was one of the better performance and timed Edge rushers at the NFL Combine. No one could stop him during Senior Bowl Week workouts, and his 2021 season tape was among the best.

Enough with the excuses for Jerry & Company. They most likely pulled another Taco Charlton draft decision screw up.
Watt didn't fall, he was considered a late first. Some even said late first, early second. One year starter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Charecter from what I am hearing.

He went from "possibly going 4th" to falling that far

Maybe he didn't ........perhaps so-called mock expert over elevated him. Remember he was originally ranked in the mid-20s. In other words, maybe his mocking grade should have stayed in that range. Add the unexpected deep run on WRs, then only three DEs came off the board before Johnson. Bottom line, it appears real NFL people always saw him as a second-tier after the top 3, and nothing changed. Just me, but I've seen/read nothing to suggest character issues at all.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
When a player falls that far, it most often turns out that that teams knew something that fans/media didn't know (medical or character).
Well we passed on nakobe dean, linderbaum, and jermaine johnson for him. So we will see

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Watt didn't fall, he was considered a late first. Some even said late first, early second. One year starter.
"Some"?

I had him mid-1st round talent. He's proven he is top 5 overall talent. Guess those "some" were wrong with their evaluations.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
BS.

Johnson fell right onto our lap

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BS.

TJ Watt was not projected as a top 15 pick.

nobody

Reaction score
BS.

The Cowboys needed help with both the O-line and the D-line, but the O-line was the biggest need. Given your support of Dak, one would think you'd be all over given him the best protection that they can on top of reopening up the running game which will help the defense too.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys needed help with both the O-line and the D-line, but the O-line was the biggest need. Given your support of Dak, one would think you'd be all over given him the best protection that they can on top of reopening up the running game which will help the defense too.
He's not 1st round material. Should have taken top 10 talent Edge rusher Jermaine Johnson to pair up with Micah and D-Law. Could have taken a very good and Div I proven Left Guard in the 3rd or 4th round.

nobody

Reaction score
He's not 1st round material. Should have taken top 10 talent Edge rusher Jermaine Johnson to pair up with Micah and D-Law. Could have taken a very good and Div I proven Left Guard in the 3rd or 4th round.

That's opinion, really. Rumor has it that Houston wanted Smith too. And Frederick wasn't considered "First round talent" How'd that work out? We needed serious offensive help more than we needed defensive. It is what it is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's opinion, really. Rumor has it that Houston wanted Smith too. And Frederick wasn't considered "First round talent" How'd that work out? We needed serious offensive help more than we needed defensive. It is what it is.
Opinion? Go look at any of his video tapes. He's a major holding machine. Worse than Connor Williams. Plus, his technique needs lots of work as does much of his game. Speed and quick opponents get by him, plus he plays high, thus can get bullrushed back into the QB. Who does that remind you of? For this they used a 1st round pick? Someone who needs lots of work and time (years) to develop into hopefully a better player?

There are Div I proven Left Guards still available that could be had in Day 3.

Marquis Hayes: 6'5", 330 lbs, 5.30 40 time, 31 bench reps

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Marquis-Hayes-OL-Oklahoma

Lecitus Smith 6'3", 318 lbs, 5.13 40 time, 25 bench reps

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Lecitus-Smith-OL-VirginiaTech

Cowboys pass up on a top 10 overall talent at DE, but instead take a project in the 1st round? That is not smart drafting.