Jermey Shockey Traded...Update Trade On Hold

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2051332 said:
I still don't understand why everything the Giants are better than anyone else. They won a Super Bowl. Great but they won it as a wildcard team who was at best mediocre throughout the season.

They caught lightning in a bottle for four games and that was it.

They barley beat the worst team in the league, the Dolphins.

Losing shockey will be a problem for them. Manning did not get better without him. The teams they played without him just didn't gameplan for Boss as they would have with Shockey.

Whole different ball game this year.

Although, I will admit that Shockey is a malcontent and the locker room will be a better place without him.

Wow, talk about not wanting to give credit where credit is due.

I hate the Giants more than just about anyone, especially being a Cowboy fan in NY, but their run was great. It was one of the better Superbowls of the last couple I've seen.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
He is big and he has big hands but he has a even bigger mouth!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;2051308 said:
Yeah, not having Shockey is the reason they won the superbowl. :rolleyes:

I believe it was a big part of that "team chemistry" that somehow came about(post Tiki, post Shockey injury)

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
YoMick;2051410 said:
I believe it was a big part of that "team chemistry" that somehow came about(post Tiki, post Shockey injury)
Tiki and Shockey were the 2 people I hated the most on there team... now its Jacobs and Strahan who was #3 behind Tiki and shockey

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The Saints have added Shockey, Vilma and are trying to trade up for Dorsey, they will rebound and be tough to beat.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Juke99;2051291 said:
Bad hands. Worse attitude.

Good move by the Giants.

...............and I couldn't agree more. Boss is the better TE, IMO.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm not a Shockey fan but this could be a good deal for both sides.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
viman96;2051546 said:
I'm not a Shockey fan but this could be a good deal for both sides.

Yeah but the guy is a friggin wino.... NOW he is in New Orleans... Mardi Gras etc...:laugh1:

gbrittain

Reaction score
superpunk;2051307 said:
Unless there's a high second and a player involved, this is a dumb trade by the Giants. I guarantee there are very few Giants fans who would approve.

Yep, I agree.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think that probably makes both teams better, unfortunately.

There must have really been something to Ellie doing better once he got the yapping wacko out of his ear.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2051594 said:
There must have really been something to Ellie doing better once he got the yapping wacko out of his ear.

Yeah... I have been saying it for years.... Tiki and Shockey were messing up Eli. Eli/Coughlin needed structure... they kept chaotic... didnt allow chemistry to develop.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
YoMick;2051410 said:

Maybe, but maybe not.

I don't think we had 10 wins last season because Terry wasn't there, and I don't think we lost because he came back even though the two took place at the same time.

Shockey is an idiot, but he's a good player when he's mentally in the game. I don't see how they are a better team without him, they just happened to gel at the right time. It happens often, think about the Steelers run a couple of years ago.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;2051667 said:
Shockey is an idiot, but he's a good player when he's mentally in the game. I don't see how they are a better team without him, they just happened to gel at the right time. It happens often, think about the Steelers run a couple of years ago.

Agreed.

Disagree - Shockey was enough of a "disturbance" to break that "gel"

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2051711 said:
Has this been confirmed yet?

ESPN just went to commercial and said they will be talking about Shockey when they get back

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't get this idea that they were doing so much better as an offense without him. They didn't exactly set the world on fire offensively without him. Let us not forget that if Dallas could have made any one of about 8 plays, and not screwed themselves, that the GMen wouldn't have went anywhere without Shockey.

This notion that their offense is better without him is beyond crazy and it will quickly show this season when Boss doesn't provide nearly the offensive threat that Shockey does.

This is a very good pick up for the Saints and not the greatest move in the world by the GMen. I do understand wanting the picks, and those are a plus, but Boss will not be nearly as good as Shockey over the long haul and it will show, very quickly, into the regular season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Giants won with defense and having an offense that did not commit errors and capitalized on field position. They are a very good team although I think we have better talent. Best to give them their due. Fortunately I don't see them repeating. But they are scary. See my preseason posts on NY from last year.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Where's Jeremy Shockey? Still a member of the New York Giants.

New Orleans's apparent deal for tight end Jeremy Shockey has hit a delay because of the Giants' demand for more than a No. 2 draft pick for the former Pro Bowler, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

The Saints have been debating offering a No. 2 pick, according to sources, but some in the organization would prefer including no more than a No. 3 pick. New Orleans officials' reluctance makes the deal, which could get done on the draft-day clock or Saturday morning before the draft, difficult to pull off.

The Giants have already conducted a physical on Shockey, which could be offered to the Saints if he can't make it to New Orleans in time to have one. Sources indicate the Saints are seriously interested in Shockey, so a deal is likely to get done.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis this week has declined to discuss players under contract with any other team, and has been evasive while meeting with reporters at the Saints' training headquarters. He has apologetically said that he did not want to tip off other teams to the Saints' draft plans.

The 28-year-old Shockey, who earned the first NFL championship of his career in January, broke his leg on Dec. 16 in a game against the Washington Commanders and did not play in the Super Bowl.

He finished the 2007 regular season with 57 receptions and three touchdowns.