Jernigan failed drug test?

rkell87

Reaction score
You really do not get it. As long as the NFL tests for this he is at risk. That is a FACT that you cannot try and lawyer around no matter how much you want to.

And it calls into question his dedication and his intelligence and above all his self control. If you cannot control yourself during the most critical time before you are drafted why would anyone think you could otherwise?

I get it just fine, he most likely smokes weed and most likely will continue to but he is no different than 90% of other players in the league. My educated guess is that he prepared and stopped in a normal amount of time that would usually be enough to pass but thc is fat soluble and he is a big boy and failed an at home test before the combine so he tried to flush his system. All conjecture here but i'll give a first round prospect with an agent that if he were worth anything advised him on what to do and it just wasn't enough the BOD.

rkell87

Reaction score
My doctor told me that kids that smoke weed a lot before when they're young often do not ever mature beyond that age in their lives emotionally or in their judgment skills. And at least in my life experiences, my buddies in high school and college that were always smoking weed have gone absolutely nowhere.

recent studies have shown that it effects the reward center of a young brain and while there aren't enough long term studies done due to the mis-scheduling of the substance I've not seen anything that has emotional effects and judgement other than while on the substance. Yeah we all know the burn outs but you don't hear about all the successful people(other than athletes) that use because they keep it hidden and don't let it affect their work.

It sounds like you are assuming that this guy has been smoking since high school and yet this kid obviously hasn't let it affect his on field performance which is all I care about.

rkell87

Reaction score
Well, I don't smoke it because we have a zero strike policy and I would lose my job. But hey, it's pretty easy to comply. Just don't do it. It's just my career but it's not like the millions of dollars these idiots are giving up.

if it were to keep these guys out of the league they might not do it either, but it doesn't keep them out of the league because these guys are worth more than a failed drug test whereas you and your salary are not.

erod

Reaction score
recent studies have shown that it effects the reward center of a young brain and while there aren't enough long term studies done due to the mis-scheduling of the substance I've not seen anything that has emotional effects and judgement other than while on the substance. Yeah we all know the burn outs but you don't hear about all the successful people(other than athletes) that use because they keep it hidden and don't let it affect their work.

It sounds like you are assuming that this guy has been smoking since high school and yet this kid obviously hasn't let it affect his on field performance which is all I care about.

I was just repeating what my doctor said the medical community, in general, believes. Even he said (paraphrasing), "you hear about all these successful people who use marijuana, and yet you never really meet them. It's users who want to qualify themselves that say this." Personally, I kind of like the legalization of it because it thins the competitive herd for my kids if they steer clear.

I have no idea what or how much Jernigan has used. In fact, I hope it pushes him back to the third round, where he'd be a great bargain.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
That sucks because I smoked weed every day in high school and now the #5 school in the country is about to hand me a PhD. Maybe I should let them know the facts before they make a huge mistake.

congratulations! you beat the odds... so that should discount the overwhelming evidence that supports how pot smoking can damange developing minds? If you're getting your phd then you should know that there are no absolutes and that there are exceptions to every rule... Wow doc!

rkell87

Reaction score
I was just repeating what my doctor said the medical community, in general, believes. Even he said (paraphrasing), "you hear about all these successful people who use marijuana, and yet you never really meet them. It's users who want to qualify themselves that say this." Personally, I kind of like the legalization of it because it thins the competitive herd for my kids if they steer clear.

I have no idea what or how much Jernigan has used. In fact, I hope it pushes him back to the third round, where he'd be a great bargain.

I've been fortunate enough to meet a few and share an experience with them and have meaningful conversations and great networking contacts that I would not have had otherwise, but just like cigarettes and alcohol it isn't for everybody.

I'm not sure how you think legalization will thin the herd for your kids but that convo my get too political for this board lol.

rkell87

Reaction score
congratulations! you beat the odds... so that should discount the overwhelming evidence that supports how pot smoking can damange developing minds? If you're getting your phd then you should know that there are no absolutes and that there are exceptions to every rule... Wow doc!
overwhelming huh? beat the odds?

you sound hilariously under informed.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
overwhelming huh? beat the odds?

you sound hilariously under informed.

Nope... just somebody who saw it and experienced it first hand from a pot smoking uncle who had a daughter with brain encepholapathy (?) and allowed his son get burned over 70% of his body from burning garbage bag while his dirtbag girlfriend and friends and he were inside getting high... anything else?

rkell87

Reaction score
Nope... just somebody who saw it and experienced it first hand from a pot smoking uncle who had a daughter with brain encepholapathy (?) and allowed his son get burned over 70% of his body from burning garbage bag while his dirtbag girlfriend and friends and he were inside getting high... anything else?

that's horrible and I'm sorry but it's also extremely anecdotal

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maybe we draft him and give him the "Dez rules".....................24 hr security, no bars, ect.....

He would be a great pick in the 2nd round.