Jerome Henderson is the problem

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If anyone thinks of somebody else we can blame, please let me know... I'd like to start one of these threads.

I don't look in terms of blame. I look at in terms of unit performance and player development. Claiborne and Jones are playing their best football. White has been okay. Carr isn't a trainwreck. Church and Wilcox are issues but outside of Wilcox you cannot put that at his feet. Church just cannot run but it was under Henderson's watch that he went to that agility training that transformed his game.

The LB are a different story. There are some poorer guys he's had to work with and he has a tough choice when you are down to Wilber and Wilson I guess but Wilson and Hitchens seem regressed. McClain and Lee have been underperforming.

Maybe Tony Romo's presence on offense and the ensuing points on the board helps but they struggled mightily against Philadelphia and we did manufacture plenty of points. Cassell discovered Beasley and Witten. DMC was a good hammer for four quarters.

I think Lett and Marinelli's dline is still up in the air a bit. Irving's play speaks for itself but I think Crawford and DLaws play is better than the stats and their reputation would have you think. Gregory still seems on the mend and his lack of size is an issue. That is on them. Hardy needs to create more twitter firestorms and drive his price down further. A nice rap video with Mincey would be gold. Hayden bleh.

I think units in order on defense are:

secondary
dline
LB

On offense I think Wilson has done a good job bringing Cassell along. Bringing a QB in week 2 is an incredibly difficult task. I think the speed of the game was more of an issue for Weeden than coaching. Romo looked great before he was hurt.

Pollack's players seem very technically well coached. Collins lunged a lot in college and under Pollack's tutelage he is disciplined and still able to attack. Plenty of gifs to prove it. I like seeing the draw work again. Finally starting to see some counters again. Backside awareness has been piss poor. Pass protection outside of some performance breakdowns primarily from Free and Leary has been outstanding. QB's routinely have 3 or more seconds even in the face of the blitz.

Gary Brown managed Randle and his personality for years. He to this point has gotten nothing from Michael. DMC is playing his best professional football. Dunbar was converting key downs and making plays to win games before he got hurt.

On the one hand I recall Dooley hanging outside the war room screaming at anyone who would listen that he wanted assets spent on his room. On the other is Street who is his protege whose most notable achievement is bobbling a ball in the air on a slant leading to the pick. TWill has struggled for stretches again this season but is starting to make catches. Lucky has bitten as a puppy and as an UDFA that is pretty big.

Mike Pope has done nothing with Witten, Escobar, or Hanna.

So on offense I have:

Pollack
Brown
Wilson
Dooley
Pope

If we are lookinging qualitative statements I would only classify Pope and Eberflus' performance as poor. I would only say Pollack has done a good job although Henderson is close. Overall I go:

Pollack
Henderson
Brown
Lett
Wilson
Dooley
Eberflus
Pope

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Never been a fan of Henderson's once. Our DB's are always out of position, and never gets picks. Doesn't matter if it's a high draft pick, big FA signing or potential young DB with some fire.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There's been a lot said about Coach Marinelli but has anyone considered that the real problem with our D backfield is coach Henderson? What the heck is he teaching? It's definitely not about getting more picks... What do you guys think - time to move on after the season?

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-SdkxNcWgDT0/VjoRxkIW7cI/AAAAAAAEdaI/Uqk6Jz6Aun8/w426-h460/45702_v0_600x.jpg