Jerruh's Big Dilema

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Boysboy;2332654 said:
LOL - just 2 weeks ago, 95% of Zoners here were applauding Jerry and said how he should be GM of the year.

Where were all these complaints then?
:laugh2:

most "complainers" were quickly silenced by the homers in denial... we can call them the CUPCAKE ZOMBIES

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
chinch;2332664 said:
:laugh2:

most "complainers" were quickly silenced by the homers in denial... we can call them the CUPCAKE ZOMBIES

No, the "complainers" are just former homers who proclaiming all of our players were studs and were going to tear up the league the entire offeseason, and said no team in the NFC can touch us after Week 1. They knee jerk wildly from one extreme to the other.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332668 said:
No, the "complainers" are just former homers who proclaiming all of our players were studs and were going to tear up the league the entire offeseason, and said no team in the NFC can touch us after Week 1. They knee jerk wildly from one extreme to the other.

sorry, i don't see that at all. we're under performing for the better part of an entire season now going back to late november. not one complete game this year played up to what any expectations are. 6 games down and imploding.

there are certain cowboy fluffers - like wade - who refuse to deal with actual problems and would rather spin the corporate line... "we're fine".

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
bbgun;2331925 said:
Not gonna happen (though it should). Jerry is loyal to a fault, be it players or coaches. He's not big on humiliating people. And firing Wade would be an admission that he erred in hiring him. That's why he didn't have the guts to discipline Pacman in any way. Face it: it's Wade or bust this year. Bigger worry: who's gonna run the defense if Garrett gets the top job next year?

Dom Capers would be my choice. I thought he should be here anyway.

Thinking back to Hard Knocks, it really seemed like Garrett was the coach in meetings who really was running stuff. He seems more of what you think a head coach should be.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2332673 said:
Dom Capers would be my choice. I thought he should be here anyway.

Thinking back to Hard Knocks, it really seemed like Garrett was the coach in meetings who really was running stuff. He seems more of what you think a head coach should be.

As much as I would love him here, it's nothing more than a pipe dream-Belichick will have him promoted the minute the '08 season is over.

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
We have too many good players to be playing like this. The o line is a mess. I dont care what houshmandzeh said about stewart the cbs play off the reciever way too much. Its like they are already giving them the yards. Those five yard slant plays add up. Garretts always looking for the deep ball. I went back and watched all of tonys interceptions thus far and after the o line collapses, tony forces the ball into 5 guys downfeild covering the receivers. In the cardinals game, how in the hell is a three man rush gonna break through our whole offense line and get to tony so easy towards the end of the game.Thats nuts!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Boysboy;2332654 said:
LOL - just 2 weeks ago, 95% of Zoners here were applauding Jerry and said how he should be GM of the year.

Where were all these complaints then?

if we win the next two as we should, he will be GM of of the year again.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2331940 said:
At what point do you stop pointing at the coaching staff and look at the players on the field?

Post Season-wise, Parcells couldn't get anything out of them and now Wade Phillips.

At some point, the players have to go out and execute on the field.

And Jerry Jones doesn't have a delima, he has done an excellent job, not his fault they are playing the way they are.
I agree.I believe that we have overated the players on this team.They're not getting the job done

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything you have said.

However, Jerry is not going to fire Wade during the season.

I would, but Jerry will not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
bbgun;2331925 said:
Not gonna happen (though it should). Jerry is loyal to a fault, be it players or coaches. He's not big on humiliating people. And firing Wade would be an admission that he erred in hiring him. That's why he didn't have the guts to discipline Pacman in any way. Face it: it's Wade or bust this year. Bigger worry: who's gonna run the defense if Garrett gets the top job next year?

I am hoping Dom Capers.

He would already been on staff if not for Stewy getting his lace panties in a bunch over it. My hope is Garrett can learn from his mistakes this year and it will make him a better HC and play caller next year, he went to Princten after all.

Make Garrett HC/OC and hire Capers as Asst. HC/DC

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2331940 said:
At what point do you stop pointing at the coaching staff and look at the players on the field?

Post Season-wise, Parcells couldn't get anything out of them and now Wade Phillips.

At some point, the players have to go out and execute on the field.

And Jerry Jones doesn't have a delima, he has done an excellent job, not his fault they are playing the way they are.

Wade has 13 freaking probowls and he cant get the job done!!!

How many probowlers does Wade need to beat the freaking Cardinals???

Jeff Fisher is 5-0 with Kerry Collins and a bunch of scrub WRs. You dont hear him whinning about not having enough talent, he shows some balls and coaches up what he has.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332683 said:
if we win the next two as we should, he will be GM of of the year again.

we should have beaten Washington and Arizona too though right?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332612 said:
It's hard for me to put too much blame on the QB this year when in both of our losses the offense puts 24 up on the board. Sorry, 24 shouldn't be the "magic number" that an offense has to put on the board to determine whether their team wins or loses. That's just a ridiculous amount of pressure on the offense.

And in this loss he's sacked 3 times and hit NINETEEN TIMES. He goes 61% completion rate, 3:0 TD:INT ratio in a game where he literally has a defender in his face every throw and he can't get his center to even properly snap the ball to him in shotgun formation (again)

Sorry, Romo had to overcome his teammates today. Not vice versa.

:hammer:

notherbob

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2332800 said:
I am hoping Dom Capers.

He would already been on staff if not for Stewy getting his lace panties in a bunch over it. My hope is Garrett can learn from his mistakes this year and it will make him a better HC and play caller next year, he went to Princten after all.

Make Garrett HC/OC and hire Capers as Asst. HC/DC

I though keeping Stewart over Dom Capers was a mistake at the time they did it and I still think so. There was a reason why Stewy was afraid of Capers. This defense is being very poorly coached; come to think of it, the whole team is being very poorly coached.

This team is leaderless, rudderless and has a very poor attitude.

It is hard to use the word poor when talking about a team with so many millionaires. Of course, that's not my problem, it's jerry's and he can deal with it or not as he chooses. Not my problem.

links18

Reaction score
Nobody is going to get fired, nobody will be cut (unless we make a trade for a WR) and it is unlikely we make a trade for a WR.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332612 said:
It's hard for me to put too much blame on the QB this year when in both of our losses the offense puts 24 up on the board. Sorry, 24 shouldn't be the "magic number" that an offense has to put on the board to determine whether their team wins or loses. That's just a ridiculous amount of pressure on the offense.

And in this loss he's sacked 3 times and hit NINETEEN TIMES. He goes 61% completion rate, 3:0 TD:INT ratio in a game where he literally has a defender in his face every throw and he can't get his center to even properly snap the ball to him in shotgun formation (again)

Sorry, Romo had to overcome his teammates today. Not vice versa.
:hammer:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Someone needs to be held accountable.....either a coach or a player....but someone needs to be let go. This team needs a wake up call.

Read is the guy I would target first....it's incredible how bad this unit has become under his leadership.

Carpenter would be traded or released if I were Jerruh. He is a little higher profile and it would be more of a message than releasing someone like Brown or Ball.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If your OLINE is sucking, why not go to your short passing game. 3 step drops, etc....?

We have some issues in the defense, Parcells built a slow front 7, big but slow. I knew that getting rid of Ferguson would be a disaster, and it has been. Imagine Ferguson at NT, Ratliff and Canty/Spears at end, then get Ellis' old *** out of there, and put Spencer and Ware to get after the QB.

James is JAG, and Zach is too light for the 3-4, and has possibly lost a step.

Hamlin is solid, we have no SS at this point, Henry is slow, Pac is fine, the other corners are RAW.

Offensively, stop all of the playaction crap unless you run the ball 2 or 3 times in a row. Do some wide receiver screens, some slants to TO, he would take at least one of those to the house. When teams blitz, TO could slant and absolutely destroy teams.

Stop with all the deep routes, it takes too much time. And also, if you recognize that your line isn't blocking well, tell Romo not to drop back so far, cut all of your routes short, and basically have the patience to walk down the field.

And if all else fails, have Romo go into a hurry-up offense, this guy always kicks butt in that offense. Right before the end of the game, just like that Romo put us into field goal position. Then we come out in over-time, Romo is back to huddling up, and our offense instantly stalls.

notherbob

Reaction score
Clove;2333537 said:
If your OLINE is sucking, why not go to your short passing game. 3 step drops, etc....?

We have some issues in the defense, Parcells built a slow front 7, big but slow. I knew that getting rid of Ferguson would be a disaster, and it has been. Imagine Ferguson at NT, Ratliff and Canty/Spears at end, then get Ellis' old *** out of there, and put Spencer and Ware to get after the QB.

James is JAG, and Zach is too light for the 3-4, and has possibly lost a step.

Hamlin is solid, we have no SS at this point, Henry is slow, Pac is fine, the other corners are RAW.

Offensively, stop all of the playaction crap unless you run the ball 2 or 3 times in a row. Do some wide receiver screens, some slants to TO, he would take at least one of those to the house. When teams blitz, TO could slant and absolutely destroy teams.

Stop with all the deep routes, it takes too much time. And also, if you recognize that your line isn't blocking well, tell Romo not to drop back so far, cut all of your routes short, and basically have the patience to walk down the field.

And if all else fails, have Romo go into a hurry-up offense, this guy always kicks butt in that offense. Right before the end of the game, just like that Romo put us into field goal position. Then we come out in over-time, Romo is back to huddling up, and our offense instantly stalls.

Agree, Clove.

Parsells taught Romo to use the three step drop and get rid of the ball quick but that hasn't been happenning lately as Romo is holding onto the ball looking for the big play and betting beat up in the process.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Clove;2333537 said:

I was thinking that the whole time....it seems like they believe they are soooo good that they can overcome anything and any defense with there gameplan eventually.