News: Jerry’s Hunger For Title Is Greater Than Ever

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry’s ‘Hunger’ For Title Is Greater Than Ever

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-s-hunger-for-title-is-greater-than-ever

...The Cowboys believe they’re positioned to compete for a championship. With one of the NFL’s youngest rosters, they rebounded from a 3-5 start to win the NFC East last season. With the exception of Pro Bowl pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence and wide receiver Cole Beasley, most of their top players are under contract at least through next season...

And, through a broader prism, Jones admits it’s “stunning” to think the organization has not been in a Super Bowl since the 1995 season “with what we commit and what we do to win Super Bowls.” Perhaps his greatest disappointment in the last 30 years is not winning a title during Tony Romo’s prime.

Now, led by two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Dak Prescott, a young Cowboys nucleus has gotten valuable early playoff experience. Jones says it’s time to capitalize on that.

“We got a lot of reps out of these guys last year in key situations,” he said. “Then you look at our quarterback, you look at (running back) Zeke (Elliott), these guys are seasoned. We need to grab this while it's here. It won't be here forever.”...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just words.

I believe in actions and nothing has changed much in how he and his son operate this franchise.

Except three of the past five seasons saw Dallas in the playoffs and with victories...sing a different tune now.

Oh, and your routine of doing a negative posting immediately after a positive posting of mine dealing with Jerry Jones is way past boring.

JayFord

Reaction score
No it’s not

there’s major issues that need to be addressed before you’re serious about winning

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not talking about you spinning CC, but this is the standard operation Jones BS every season. Just because one is hungry, doesn't mean they get to eat.
Sorry, not every thing out of the man's mouth is always spinning truth.

Sydla

Reaction score
Except three of the past five seasons saw Dallas in the playoffs and with victories...sing a different tune now.

Oh, and your routine of doing a negative posting immediately after a positive posting of mine dealing with Jerry Jones is way past boring.

Three of the last 5 seasons resulted in the Cowboys not making it out of the divisional round and then the following offseason saw them nickel and dime it in FA when they had a chance to really push this team over the finish line.

I am not a naïve fool like yourself, it seems. The one who every year keeps buying what they are selling. Frankly, the fact they have made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 seasons probably gives Jerry the false sense of security that what they are doing and how they handle FA is working great.

You soil your shorts over what Jerry says. Jerry has proven time and time again that we shouldn't care what he says. Actions are all that matters. It would be prudent to see how they handle free agency, for example, and this offseason before you praise Jerry for his "drive to win".

I think Jerry wants to win. I don't believe he really knows how to accomplish it. I have two decades of proof to back me on this. But I will open myself to the possibility with some cap space this year, that maybe, just maybe, he and his wunderkind son will actually use FA a bit here to improve a team that clearly could use some help.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Before *****ing, how about watching...or disprove.

Most people are "watching". They are watching the actions. He can sure talk a great game but let's "watch" how they handle this offseason and how they improve a team that has a bit of promise but clearly needs help via FA.

irishline

Reaction score
"Do. Or do not. There is no try."

- Small Green Guy

Can he play free safety? :grin:

yoda_football.png

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Absolute BS. Wasting Romo’s career with a string of bottom 5 defenses proves otherwise

erod

Reaction score
No, it's not. Jerry desperately wants to win as long as it's on his terms with his coach. The thought of hiring a big-name coach who would get the credit for a title drives him nuts.

Just a year ago, he said he'd rather have the gold jacket over another championship.

That's all you need to know.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry is a clown. The Cowboys are a circus. Welcome to the big tent.

Being a billionaire makes losing football games a little more palatable. Many distractions beyond those Xs and Os.