News: Jerry’s Hunger For Title Is Greater Than Ever

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry’s ‘Hunger’ For Title Is Greater Than Ever

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-s-hunger-for-title-is-greater-than-ever

...The Cowboys believe they’re positioned to compete for a championship. With one of the NFL’s youngest rosters, they rebounded from a 3-5 start to win the NFC East last season. With the exception of Pro Bowl pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence and wide receiver Cole Beasley, most of their top players are under contract at least through next season...

And, through a broader prism, Jones admits it’s “stunning” to think the organization has not been in a Super Bowl since the 1995 season “with what we commit and what we do to win Super Bowls.” Perhaps his greatest disappointment in the last 30 years is not winning a title during Tony Romo’s prime.

Now, led by two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Dak Prescott, a young Cowboys nucleus has gotten valuable early playoff experience. Jones says it’s time to capitalize on that.

“We got a lot of reps out of these guys last year in key situations,” he said. “Then you look at our quarterback, you look at (running back) Zeke (Elliott), these guys are seasoned. We need to grab this while it's here. It won't be here forever.”...

Fans should be careful what they wish for in terms of going for it with free agent signings or draft maneuvers.

The talent acquisition has been the best since Jimmy departed in the past few years where they have avoided the go for it mentality.

Jerry's biggest fails were due to go for it moves. Joey Galloway, Roy WR Williams trades, Brandon Carr 50M contract, Morris Claiborne trade-up in the draft, etc..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The spin begins early this season.
Yea.. it’s Super Bowl or Bust again. Jerry always promoting hope to string fans along. Apparently it works on the most part. We shouldn’t be surprised . We have someone in the Big House who snowballed the people too. It’s all one huge reality tv show .

SSoup

Reaction score
You had to know this was gonna be one of Jerry's in-house propaganda pieces before you even clicked on this thread.

:laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry’s ‘Hunger’ For Title Is Greater Than Ever

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-s-hunger-for-title-is-greater-than-ever

...The Cowboys believe they’re positioned to compete for a championship. With one of the NFL’s youngest rosters, they rebounded from a 3-5 start to win the NFC East last season. With the exception of Pro Bowl pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence and wide receiver Cole Beasley, most of their top players are under contract at least through next season...

And, through a broader prism, Jones admits it’s “stunning” to think the organization has not been in a Super Bowl since the 1995 season “with what we commit and what we do to win Super Bowls.” Perhaps his greatest disappointment in the last 30 years is not winning a title during Tony Romo’s prime.

Now, led by two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Dak Prescott, a young Cowboys nucleus has gotten valuable early playoff experience. Jones says it’s time to capitalize on that.

“We got a lot of reps out of these guys last year in key situations,” he said. “Then you look at our quarterback, you look at (running back) Zeke (Elliott), these guys are seasoned. We need to grab this while it's here. It won't be here forever.”...

Such tasty Kool-Aid!

cern

Reaction score
The derision of jerry is understandable. But why stephen? All he's done is get us out of cap hell. Improved our drafting dramatically. Cull some malcontents. This isn't the Klingon empire. The son is not guilty of the sins of the father.

nobody

Reaction score
It depends. Little guy was all over some shady fella named Count Dooku.

Can he cover? Check.

He was bouncing from wall-to-wall and closed on Dooku from multiple directions.

Does he take good angles? Check.

He will need a dedicated oxygen tank (he gets winded pretty easily). Only obstacle I see is the league suspending him for use of an illegal substance. Something called The Force. No one can see it and there is no blood test that can detect it but everyone knows Goodell does not care about particulars like those...

Yes, it might look a little shady if every time the other team has the ball, the QB fumbles and the Cowboys miraculously recover.

Mannix

Reaction score
His hunger is not bigger than ever....if it were, he would have continually over the last 25 years spent top dollar at the HC position. FACT!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
JIM JONES, JERRY JONES...not too much separates the 2 guys in their life philosophy. SCARY.

morat1959

Reaction score
CC, I so appreciate your optimism. I really do. But for me, after 23 years of Jerry’s poor work as leader of the football side of things, I don’t choose to take anything Jerry says about how brilliant the future looks with anything other than a giant grain of salt.

My mantra for years is simple- “I will believe it when it happens.”

I want it to happen. Nothing will make me happier as a fan than to see this team hoist another Lombardi. But if I’m being honest, I have 0% faith in Jerry and his way of doing things. I hope it works. But as the old saying goes, “hope is not a strategy”.
These are my thoughts to a tee!

yimyammer

Reaction score
JIM JONES, JERRY JONES...not too much separates the 2 guys in their life philosophy. SCARY.

The only good thing about jeri I can think of is at least you don't from drinking his Cool-aid

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Really...why should he. He isn't immune to success or spending the energy to overcome his own biases.

Owners/GM's in the NFL, have been pretty successful. Not many can fill the starting levels for an attempt...no don't jump into insult personified as a proof. Go to examples of these and look at the statistics involve with former ones with a Super Bowl trophy or more.

I have 23 straight years of failing to reach a conference title game, despite five head coaching changes, as evidence that 76 year old Jerry Jones is not the best GM candidate to bring SB trophy number 6 to Dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have 23 straight years of failing to reach a conference title game, despite five head coaching changes, as evidence that 76 year old Jerry Jones is not the best GM candidate to bring SB trophy number 6 to Dallas.

Bet...and straight up turn about is fair...so, if at any time one of your own children don't become President, you shall receive the label of loser and idiot.

True?

Never mind Jerry actually having a 'few' inaugurals and a member of the Hall of Fame already...

kskboys

Reaction score
No it's not. His hunger for self aggrandizement is greater than ever.