Twitter: Jerry’s top 2 candidates - Urban and Josh McDaniels

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So true......their records are pretty bad once they leave the Brady/Belichick system.
Yeah, but how much of that is because other organizations don't give them the power & support they need to rebuild the organization?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, but how much of that is because other organizations don't give them the power & support they need to rebuild the organization?

I'll tell you what.......research ALL Belichick former assistants who have had NFL head coaching job, add up their records and tell me what you think. I can see what you're saying if we were talking only a couple coaches but that's not the case here.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Pure speculation , there will be more. Speak For Yourself had a segment on the rumor about Witten being considered for the job. There will be name after name floated out there but pay attention to whom Jerry does hire. That will speak volumes on his commitment to win. Narrative/Perception out there is that Jerry wants to win above all else......prove it with the next coaching hire.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't want Josh McDaniels. His a good coordinator but not a good head coach. If anything I would take the Patriots or the 9ers defensive coach instead.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Super confused by all the people who are dismissing Urban Meyer out of hand, while remaining open to McDaniel.

McDaniel's biggest claim to fame is winning in one place: comfortable nestled under Bill Belichick's wing.

Urban Meyer has won, and won big, every single place he's ever coached, as the head guy.

Why on earth would McDaniel be more desirable than Urban? Genuinely puzzled by this one.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I know we're somewhat working apples to oranges here, but there seems to be this false narrative flying around..or cherry picking of certain statistics revolving around Meyers coaching and recruiting.

In his first year at Bowling Green, without his guys, he went 8-3..finishing off 17-6 overall in his two years..leaving for Utah..

Where he then went 10-2, without his guys. Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but I believe that speaks volumes about his ability.

Then, of course, you always have to consider his health..

THIS!!!

People talk about wanting a coach who can get the most out of Dak.
for Pete's sake, Urban Meyer made Tim Tebow a household name.

What am I missing here.

mmohican29

Reaction score
McDaniels. Yuck.

Give me Urban Meyer or Matt Ruehl. 1, 2.

Even Gundy actually. He's a much better coach than given credit for. His offense is always exciting.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Payton isn’t coming here so we can rule that out along with Bellicheck. Perhaps the only name in the list that has any success and understand the nuances of being a head coach of a football team is Urban Meyer.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I like Urban Meyer too. But I’m not sure he would agree to the kind of interference that’s baked into the cake here.

Plus, is he ready for the talent leveling he never experienced when he was Ohio State and Florida? When he lined up on Saturdays at OSU, he had an enormous talent advantage he won’t experience in the NFL. It’s a major adjustment for guys like Saban and Meyer who aren’t used to opponents being as good or better in talent.

Would he be Pete Carrol, who has proven to be great at both CFB and the NFL or Nick Saban who is great in CFB but was an NFL flop?

This is a legit question Bob but the reality is that talent was there because he stockpiled it.

People asked the same questions about Jimmy coming from the Canes to the Boys.
If Urban has the same eye for talent that Jimmy did (and I believe his record indicates he does) then before long he'd have exactly the talent in Dallas that he needs.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I want Belichick.

giphy.gif

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McDaniels is waiting for the New England job - he’s not coming to Dallas. What “sources” gave these two names?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I will punch myself in the face if we hire McDaniels.

He's a meathead, an idiot, an unmitigated egomaniac. That dipwad thought he was so much smarter than anyone else when he used a first round pick on Tim Tebow.

Then he went straight douchey when he backed out of the Colts job after taking it (which turned out to be a blessing as Reich is probably a better coach anyway).

Yup!! I think we should look elsewhere than McDaniels.