Twitter: Jerry’s top 2 candidates - Urban and Josh McDaniels

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
As of now I’m leaning toward Dan Campbell if we go offensive hire and Robert Saleh if we go defensive hire.
Dan Campbell all the way! Saleh no thank you. He’s a byproduct of 4 1st rounders on the DL. Before Bosa, SF wasn’t anything special.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
So for all the Urban fans, and I know his history as well as anyone, why is the team playing so much better under Ryan Day this year?

I don’t think Urban is a savant himself, like Lincoln Riley. I think he is a great evaluator and delegator of coaches. Garrett by most people in the industry is highly regarded for player evaluation (yes there’s misses on every team) but definitely not how he picks his assistants.

Urbans assistants get head coaching jobs. Garrett’s haven’t.

I’d image Schiano would be the DC here next year if he got the job. Now that’s a guy that moves to bring the pain. As for OC, I’m not sure.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So for all the Urban fans, and I know his history as well as anyone, why is the team playing so much better under Ryan Day this year?

I don’t think Urban is a savant himself, like Lincoln Riley. I think he is a great evaluator and delegator of coaches. Garrett by most people in the industry is highly regarded for player evaluation (yes there’s misses on every team) but definitely not how he picks his assistants.

Urbans assistants get head coaching jobs. Garrett’s haven’t.

I’d image Schiano would be the DC here next year if he got the job. Now that’s a guy that moves to bring the pain. As for OC, I’m not sure.
I'm shocked ryan day isnt in more nfl HC talk.

yimyammer

Reaction score

reminds me of when Parcells said something about being able to work with jerry and the next thing you know, he's in Dallas signing a contract

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Looking more on research of NFL history with Urban ties, and going to Schiano‘s Bucs staffs, I came up with a name for OC that is going to make some people freak out - Norv.

His son Ron was QB coach for Schiano in Tampa. You could conceivably have Ron as QB coach here with Norv running offense if Rivera gets fired in Carolina.

LB coach - Tem Lubaku who has been with the 49ers.
RB coach - Earnest Byner
DL coach - Bryan Cox
WR coach - George Edwards - was WR coach with Norv at Minnesota and was TO’s WR coach

Just some thoughts.

RamziD

Reaction score
Looking more on research of NFL history with Urban ties, and going to Schiano‘s Bucs staffs, I came up with a name for OC that is going to make some people freak out - Norv.

His son Ron was QB coach for Schiano in Tampa. You could conceivably have Ron as QB coach here with Norv running offense if Rivera gets fired in Carolina.

LB coach - Tem Lubaku who has been with the 49ers.
RB coach - Earnest Byner
DL coach - Bryan Cox
WR coach - George Edwards - was WR coach with Norv at Minnesota and was TO’s WR coach

Just some thoughts.

I think Lal is a good WR coach

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just talking to a buddy of mine who thinks it's done deal. Jerry already has his eye on Garrett's replacement. As he put it, when have we seen Jerry go after Garrett like this and not just that but give him an ultimatum that's damn impossible to accomplish. In other words, Jerry has either gotten a tip or heads up of a big-time candidate that's already agreed to take the job.

HotDog37

Reaction score
If we lose the next game and we come out unprepared and lackluster I fire Agent Orange but make it look amicable, and I let an assistant or the DC coach out the rest of the season. Keep it low profile. If things don't look much better I fly in Urban and give him the grand tour. That's all folks.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I was specifically referring to his time at OSU and UF, not BGU or Utah.
Good point regarding his health. He had that benign brain cyst that gave him really bad headaches at OSU. He also had some heart problems. The NFL typically doesn’t make coaches’ health improve.

This is the reason why I am not in on Meyer. Dealing with Jerry will give him more headaches.

ICP

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley or bust. Unless Sean Peyton or the Emperor are somehow available

HotDog37

Reaction score
If I'm "BUSTER". That would be JJ. I would have already spoken to Meyer. Agent Orange talks to New York? If I'm Buster I call Meyer and have a semi-public steak dinner ( I would privately invite Zeke) if for nothing else than posterity :). Big balls are a must.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I will punch myself in the face if we hire McDaniels.

He's a meathead, an idiot, an unmitigated egomaniac. That dipwad thought he was so much smarter than anyone else when he used a first round pick on Tim Tebow.

Then he went straight douchey when he backed out of the Colts job after taking it (which turned out to be a blessing as Reich is probably a better coach anyway).
Yeah I’d rather have anyone than McDaniels. I hope this is just speculation.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Jerry is going to do a George Steinbrenner with Billy Martin. He's asking Wade back. :eek:

Doomsday77

Reaction score
That MUST be sarcasm!!
First Happy Thanksgiving Verdict...secondly, at first you were right but the more I think about it we need someone that can motivate these guys. He is the definition of how to motivate. He plays to win the game not lose it. The opposite of what we currently have at the top.

Can he be that much worse?

dallas72

Reaction score
Yeah there’s zero evidence to support this. A bunch of players quit and retired after he left actually. And getting to a Super Bowl and 3 NFC championship games in 4 seasons is not 0 winning.
Did he win a SB? No...players hate him..hes terrible at Michigan hasnt beat any good teams 0-5 vs Ohio State hes pathetic