Twitter: Jerry as GM “You don’t fire yourself”

coogrfan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones took a 200k investment it is worth 5 BILLION.

If you are arguing he didn't make the right decisions for his business you are in fact an idiot.

How do you know the franchise wouldn't be even more valuable if the team had actually won something in the last quarter century? Who knows how much money Jerry's ego may have cost him?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you folks think Jerry is going to think his way out of this GM predicament ? He doesn't get it and never will.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How do you know the franchise wouldn't be even more valuable if the team had actually won something in the last quarter century? Who knows how much money Jerry's ego may have cost him?
Show me any sports franchise worth more and maybe I'll take you seriously.
Guiding this team from a moribund mess to the biggest brand and most valuable sports franchise is in fact a win.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Show me any sports franchise worth more and maybe I'll take you seriously.
Guiding this team from a moribund mess to the biggest brand and most valuable sports franchise is in fact a win.

1. So you don't know. Why is it so hard to for you to believe that the team would be worth more if it was a winner?

2. A win for who? The Jones clan? Swell, I guess, but most of us fans don't give a damn about that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1. So you don't know. Why is it so hard to for you to believe that the team would be worth more if it was a winner?

2. A win for who? The Jones clan? Swell, I guess, but most of us fans don't give a damn about that.
1. I know they are worth more than any other sports franchise in existence, I don't need to know anymore than THE best is about as good as it gets. Trying to downplay or minimize that is hilarious. They were not in that 1 position when he bought the team. Not even top 10.
2. Good for the ownership group obviously as first and foremost he is running a business. Also good for the NFL and thus why they keep giving him awards.
But also good for the Cowboys fans as they remain ever present in every form of media. Having an insane game day experience and the facilities at the Star???

I don't care what you care about, LOL. Fans are stupid. They largely have no idea of anything at all. They just know if they lose it is time to cry.
Poor fans, they've only won 3 division titles in 6 years. It truly is a tragedy. Perhaps their mommas can kiss their boo boos tonight.

coogrfan

Reaction score
I'm not "minimizing" anything, I asked a legitimate question. You don't think JJ would make even more money than he is now if his team was a legitimate contender on a regular basis?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry claims he evaluates himself, then morphs into whatever renders him better . . . yet, somehow, he remains the same for decades! :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry should hire Jason Garrett as the GM and retire. Then Jason and Stephen can get this process of hiring a new HC started.

Kumala808

Reaction score
if this idiot doesnt see himself as the problem no matter what is done this team is not gonna climb over that mountain

JJHLH1

Reaction score
As long as Jerry remains the GM our team will be mediocre.

I don’t understand him. He could receive credit for being a great owner, but I guess that isn’t sufficient to satisfy his ego. Instead he and his once-proud franchise are the butt of national jokes.

bewp7

Reaction score
having a gm that answers to no one and who has absolutly zero accountability is the exact opposite way to achieve any kind of success in the nfl or literally anything else in the world for that matter. hearing stuff like this is honestly disheartening as a fan who is emotionally invested in the team and wants them to do well because it is plain as day that it is a recipe for disaster and disappointment as the last 25 years have shown.

Reactions: BAT

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

MikeT22

Reaction score
Nothing is going to change. Jerry still wants to have his hands in every aspect of the team. Even if Garrett is gone Jerry will make sure the next HC is fine with having Jerry meddle, hire assistants, and make certain coaching decisions. If Stephen turns out to be the same way then this franchise is doomed forever.

kskboys

Reaction score
1. I know they are worth more than any other sports franchise in existence, I don't need to know anymore than THE best is about as good as it gets. Trying to downplay or minimize that is hilarious. They were not in that 1 position when he bought the team. Not even top 10.
2. Good for the ownership group obviously as first and foremost he is running a business. Also good for the NFL and thus why they keep giving him awards.
But also good for the Cowboys fans as they remain ever present in every form of media. Having an insane game day experience and the facilities at the Star???

I don't care what you care about, LOL. Fans are stupid. They largely have no idea of anything at all. They just know if they lose it is time to cry.
Poor fans, they've only won 3 division titles in 6 years. It truly is a tragedy. Perhaps their mommas can kiss their boo boos tonight.
Even though the team doesn't succeed, fans are happy because the Cowboys value is high?

Yes, some fans are stupid. You got that one correct.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Who is the bigger idiot? Him? Or us for watching?

Who is getting paid hundreds of millions every year for mediocre junk and owns the most valuable/popular sports franchise in the world? It isn't us...

He's a genius in a deranged type of way. He can put out junk year after year and we all go to the games and watch and his games continue to be the most watched year after year.