Jerry, bring Dez back!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What are y’all gonna say when he’s wearing 88 in ATT again? How about when he takes a fade from Dak in the corner to win a game?

haters gonna hate, but stop hatin on your own team bruh
He's not on ANY team bruh

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ain’t happening. One or 2 fades in the corner doesn’t cut it. That’s all he might be able to do and in the meantime you’re taking a spot from another WR who can do much much more.
All he would be is a one trick pony(fade route) which todays defenses would shut down quickly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you would have to do is every time we are first and goal from inside the five is have him run a fade. It is like a guaranteed TD! You want to turn down a couple of TDs per game??? Huh???[/imbecile]
Maybe this was in jest?

If not, it wasn't a "guaranteed" TD when Dak was 26. He was better than most at those plays, but it certainly wasn't guaranteed. And certainly not "a couple of TD's per game" (32 TD's in a season?). Now he is 31, has had a torn achilles tendon and hasn't played since 2017. We don't know what he has left.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why? If it bothers you, bro, pass it on by. Several of us would like to see Dez given another chance, especially since he is out there hustling and getting in his best shape possible. Admit it, he looks better than our backups...at least. It wouldn't hurt the team to see what he can do in training camp and preseason.
How past performances make my choice for me. He’s dropped too many third down drive giving passes for me. No thank you

Blackrain

Reaction score
That's your prerogative. Doesn't mean you are right or wrong. Only one way to find out. Sign Dez to the 90 man roster and see how he performs against team competition. If he looks good in camp, see how he does during preseason games. Our current backups don't look so good, so you've got nothing to lose to see if Dez can perform better than them. Chances are high that Amari, Cobb or Gallup will get injured to some degree this season.

Exactly AC Dez is a hungry guy at this point with nothing to lose . Hungry guys with nothing to lose is how we got beat by the Eagles while our business decision makers were trying to protect their carriers . If he gets a chance he will leave it all out there and make all the rest of the receivers work harder .

Hungry with nothing to lose = Dangerous . No harm in letting him be a camp body and see what happens . We may see a surprisingly different version of Dez in a positive way .
I want guys on the team that really want to be Dallas Cowboys and it seems like he wants it bad pretty much more than anyone else on the roster except maybe Heath

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why not Irvin and Pearson too?? Heck throw in Antonio Bryant too!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a question for you. Will he actually catch the ball or will he be the receiver that was one drop away from leading the league in drops in 2016 or the receiver that DID lead the league in drops in 2017? His most recent past, which is TWO complete seasons ago suggests he has a good chance he would drop it. So is it really wise to use up a valuable roster spot on an has been over the hill one trick pony that has a history of drops over a young faster receiver with upsides?

Fun fact:

This team's current #1 receiver was, in fact, the king of drops in 2017:

In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Apr 9, 2018

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/coopers-drop-rate-ranks-among-nfls-worst/56098/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You aren't realizing that he can't play in this league any more. Drive, desire, enthusiasm...those are great qualities to have but none contribute anything toward actually playing the game on the field. Dez is limited athletically, doesn't know route trees, would demand too much money, won't play special teams and would be a MAJOR distraction. Even bigger than TO. It would be awful. Add it all up, and it's clear the Cowboys don't need Dez and shouldn't answer the phone when he calls.

Three issues I have here:

1. He's already said he would play for the Cowboys for the vet minimum, so "demand too much money " isn't accurate.
  2. The team's 4th receiver didn't play special teams anyway (or so little that it isn't a factor)
  3. He's in no position to be any sort of a distraction. No bonus, no big money, easy cut, no slack given. He so much as looks at someone funny and you simply punt him out the door.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You aren't realizing that he can't play in this league any more. Drive, desire, enthusiasm...those are great qualities to have but none contribute anything toward actually playing the game on the field. Dez is limited athletically, doesn't know route trees, would demand too much money, won't play special teams and would be a MAJOR distraction. Even bigger than TO. It would be awful. Add it all up, and it's clear the Cowboys don't need Dez and shouldn't answer the phone when he calls.

Maybe watch some of the Dez workout videos.

He’s already playing football.

That’s why Dallas is interested in Dez.

Let the hate go.

#DeZ

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Fun fact:

This team's current #1 receiver was, in fact, the king of drops in 2017:

In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Apr 9, 2018

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/coopers-drop-rate-ranks-among-nfls-worst/56098/

Your funny. Let me show you how funny you and your stat is. If a receiver has 2 balls thrown at him and he drops one he has a 50% drop rate. That's how percentages are misleading. Now when a receiver, Bryant, comes one actual physical drop, not a percentage drop, from leading the league in 2016 and then is WIDELY accepted and acknowledged as having had the most physical, not percentage of, but physical drops your whole little rant is funny. BTW since coming to the Cowboys Cooper sure didn't display that percentage of drops now did he. But on the other side of things Bryant DID display his drops while being a Cowboy So you can TRY to prop up your aged has been over the hill league leading drop passes who was never fast and after an achilles injury at age 31 is even slower now who the last couple of years he did play, which is 2 seasons ago, was just a one trick pony if you want but I'd much rather give that roster spot to a younger WR that has an upside and not Bryant that can only sink further down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your funny. Let me show you how funny you and your stat is. If a receiver has 2 balls thrown at him and he drops one he has a 50% drop rate. That's how percentages are misleading. Now when a receiver, Bryant, comes one actual physical drop, not a percentage drop, from leading the league in 2016 and then is WIDELY accepted and acknowledged as having had the most physical, not percentage of, but physical drops your whole little rant is funny.

It's not "mine", I can't take credit for it. I just posted the facts, while you bring nothing but opinions and unjustifiable snark. But I do have to say I'm glad it hurts you as it obviously does.

BTW since coming to the Cowboys Cooper sure didn't display that percentage of drops now did he.

Check that too. There are convenient things called stats that can help you out.

But on the other side of things Bryant DID display his drops while being a Cowboy So you can TRY to prop up your aged has been over the hill league leading drop passes who was never fast and after an achilles injury at age 31 is even slower now who the last couple of years he did play, which is 2 seasons ago, was just a one trick pony if you want but I'd much rather give that roster spot to a younger WR that has an upside and not Bryant that can only sink further down.

Worst run-on sentence ever. Be embarrassed.

Are you this big of an ******* in real life or do you save it all for while you're here?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? If it bothers you, bro, pass it on by. Several of us would like to see Dez given another chance, especially since he is out there hustling and getting in his best shape possible. Admit it, he looks better than our backups...at least. It wouldn't hurt the team to see what he can do in training camp and preseason.

You can't judge an NFL player in workouts. Many college players that don't get drafted look great in workouts.

The Cowboys need to build a winning culture and Dez has a loser's mentality.

He had lost it physically 2 years ago and that was before the achilles injury.

I would love to see 1993 Mike Irvin back on the roster but that's not possible either.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Three issues I have here:

1. He's already said he would play for the Cowboys for the vet minimum, so "demand too much money " isn't accurate.
  2. The team's 4th receiver didn't play special teams anyway (or so little that it isn't a factor)
  3. He's in no position to be any sort of a distraction. No bonus, no big money, easy cut, no slack given. He so much as looks at someone funny and you simply punt him out the door.
1. If the unlikely scenario ever happened and he was offered another contract, it would be at vet minimum, take it or leave it.
2. Our special teams sucked in 2019. If they were drawing from a bigger pool of talent(like the 4th WR) maybe they would be better. Dez is
not helping that situation.
3. It's not a matter of being in a position to be a distraction, that's just who he is. It's in his DNA. It's going to happen so why even go down that road?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. If the unlikely scenario ever happened and he was offered another contract, it would be at vet minimum, take it or leave it.
2. Our special teams sucked in 2019. If they were drawing from a bigger pool of talent(like the 4th WR) maybe they would be better. Dez is
not helping that situation.
3. It's not a matter of being in a position to be a distraction, that's just who he is. It's in his DNA. It's going to happen so why even go down that road?

1. Yes. I completely agree. He gets an opportunity not money
  2. I believe they sucked because they never had a coach. Not from anything the #4WR did or didn’t do.
  3. Listening to him, He seems to have learned some humility in his time away. And as I said, one strike and he’s out. I don’t see a bad guy just one who’s emotions sometimes got the best of him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
  1. Yes. I completely agree. He gets an opportunity not money
  2. I believe they sucked because they never had a coach. Not from anything the #4WR did or didn’t do.
  3. Listening to him, He seems to have learned some humility in his time away. And as I said, one strike and he’s out. I don’t see a bad guy just one who’s emotions sometimes got the best of him.
1. agreed
2. The bottom line, he isn't helping ST. The spot taken by him could be filled with a younger guy that could contribute to ST. Every little bit helps.
3. I believe in redemption. I have not listed to him. I certainly could be convinced to give him a try, I'm just not there right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. agreed
2. The bottom line, he isn't helping ST. The spot taken by him could be filled with a younger guy that could contribute to ST. Every little bit helps.
3. I believe in redemption. I have not listed to him. I certainly could be convinced to give him a try, I'm just not there right now.

Totally reasonable.
I recommend listening to his interview with Jane Slater on the Boys and Girl podcast. Lots of good info.