Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

esloan

Reaction score
No one is paying AP that money. If Minny does it, then they are really really dumb. --Now, AP gets paid a hefty amount, but it can be structured in a way that leaves very little dead money come year 3. -- ......................Cut Carr.

I don't know if I want to cut Carr. We don't have a lot of depth at that position. Carr, Oscan, Mo, Patmon and Byron Jones. Who else am I missing? Carr did not live up to his contract last year, nowhere near, but he was solid. Did a good job in the playoffs and is better than Mo and Patmon. Byron Jones is an unknown at this point. Yeah, I just think we need Carr at this point.

esloan

Reaction score
They beating the Packers this year? Or even the Lions?

Packers probably not but, yeah, I think they could beat the Lions. With the Lions losing Suh and Fairley. Yeah, I could see that.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I don't see the offense imploding with a veteran qb, extremely talented offensive line, very talented wideouts, and the addition of the best running back in the nfl...

No one saw the offense imploding during the 2008 off season either.

Nothing is guaranteed.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Packers probably not but, yeah, I think they could beat the Lions. With the Lions losing Suh and Fairley. Yeah, I could see that.

I could see Det having a down year. They kind of just puttered along last year, got in the playoffs. They did have us beat for awhile in the playoffs. I was at that game...:)

And you never know in the NFL. But, I aint taking that bet.

esloan

Reaction score
We will see. Its not only me that thinks its a pipe dream. Some of their fans as well.

Well, we all kinda thought it was a pipedream for the Cowboys before last season, did we not? Most had them going 7-9 at best. Bottom line, you put your best 53 out there and play hard.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well, we all kinda thought it was a pipedream for the Cowboys before last season, did we not? Most had them going 7-9 at best. Bottom line, you put your best 53 out there and play hard.

True. However, Dallas already had the talent and the talent was there. All they needed was the proper coaches in place and then it all happened. Not saying it can't happen to Minny. But they just don't have the talent and the coaching isn't there either.

esloan

Reaction score
True. However, Dallas already had the talent and the talent was there. All they needed was the proper coaches in place and then it all happened. Not saying it can't happen to Minny. But they just don't have the talent and the coaching isn't there either.

We didn't think we had the talent until suddenly we did. They went 7-9 last year without Peterson. Surely, if Peterson is good enough to guarantee us a Super Bowl as many of you guys claim, he is good enough for 2 or 3 wins in Minnesota. That would put them in or on the cusp of the playoffs.

alohawg

Reaction score
NO!

Romo is 35, we need to really start looking at his replacement and wasting a 1st round pick on a 30+ year old running back is STUPID.

Next year I'd be happy with drafting a replacement for Tony....and Chubb.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We didn't think we had the talent until suddenly we did. They went 7-9 last year without Peterson. Surely, if Peterson is good enough to guarantee us a Super Bowl as many of you guys claim, he is good enough for 2 or 3 wins in Minnesota. That would put them in or on the cusp of the playoffs.

Not exactly. We always had talented team here even before Garrett was coach. Even the pundits have had us mentioned many times as a very talented team. Its just that we never got our coaching issues straightened out.

Now the coaching issues are no longer and now we have the proper pieces in place.

They maybe a little bit better this year with a new QB and Peterson back. But they still need to beat Green Bay and Detroit. I think its easier said than done.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why? They have their qb. They have the best rb in the league. Supposedly had an excellent draft and their d should be good.

Not sure why some of their fans don't think they can make the playoffs. They just think that Green Bay and Detroit are better teams. Maybe they know that Peterson was screwed by Minny and that he deserves better and that they can still get something for him.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
No one is paying AP that money. If Minny does it, then they are really really dumb. --Now, AP gets paid a hefty amount, but it can be structured in a way that leaves very little dead money come year 3. -- ......................Cut Carr.

Easier said than done. Didn't it come out that he wants atleast $24M guaranteed? There's no way you can spread that over 3 years without asking for dead money.

I'd rather have Kraken over an aging rb. Any half decent rb will do well behind this line

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
I think a lot of us underestimated what Murray did in clutch 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 situations and that led to long sustaining drives.

Also not to mention his great blitz pickup and protection for Romo

So i ask...its 3rd and 1 and we are up 3 points on our own 33 yard line with 1:30 to go..who is getting that game clincher carry? Mcfadden? Randle? Williams?

I'll take AP.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think a lot of us underestimated what Murray did in clutch 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 situations and that led to long sustaining drives.

So i ask...its 3rd and 1 and we are up 3 points on our own 33 yard line with 1:30 to go..who is getting that game clincher carry? Mcfadden? Randle? Williams?

I'll take AP.

A soon to be released veteran (not AP).

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
How anyone wouldnt want to at least SEE AP in this offense really makes me question their fanhood to be honest.

AP in this offense? My lord...how is that not potentially historic? All because you wanna save a 25th pick? That guy could be a bust and not contribute for 3 years.

Lets win now please.

esloan

Reaction score

I'll take AP.

Behind this line, I'd give it to McFadden. Or Randle. Or Williams. Or Chris Johnson. Or one of the other myriad of RBs out there that would not cost us a first round draft pick and an exorbitant contract.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
How anyone wouldnt want to at least SEE AP in this offense really makes me question their fanhood to be honest.

AP in this offense? My lord...how is that not potentially historic? All because you wanna save a 25th pick? That guy could be a bust and not contribute for 3 years.

Lets win now please.

Because I want next years #1 and I want to see what Randle can do in an expanded role and McFadden behind our line.