Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hopefully he uses that pick to get us some help in the secondary. That is still our weakest link on our team.

Terrible idea. We already tried this route in 2012 and failed miserably by giving up a 2nd for Mo and then paying Carr big money.

If anything, it needs to be spent in the front 7, preferably the defensive line. You build a team inside out, not outside in.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why? They have their qb. They have the best rb in the league. Supposedly had an excellent draft and their d should be good.

BTW I don't think he's coming to Dallas. Just that my opinion is they should trade AP for draft picks.

Sinister

Reaction score
People have really short memories, what happened when the Cowboys traded future picks for the win now player. Nothing but utter disaster.

Joey Galloway: Cowboys dealt their 2000 and 2001 No. 1 picks to Seattle for Joey Galloway. During his first year with Dallas, Galloway played in only one game after tearing the ACL in his left knee in the fourth quarter of a game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Roy Williams: Williams was traded to the Dallas Cowboys on October 14, 2008 for first, third and sixth round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft (the Cowboys also received a seventh round pick from the Lions in the 2010 draft).

I think it would be a mistake to give up a #1 draft pick for Adrian Peterson.

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
@Sinister
It's not just the Cowboys. Percy Harvin, Trent Richardson, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall to Miami. The list goes on and on. Trading high picks for an aging player AND paying high $ is not a winning formula.

If I'm trading a 1st for any player, they need to have 2+ years of cheap te control and be borderline elite or they're a younger franchise QB. If I can get Eddie Lacy for a 1st, I do it. Leveon(sp) Bell? Sign me up. Sheldon Richardson? Oh hellz yes. Problem is these kinds of guys don't become available often if ever. AP was great. We do not know if he will be great this year, let alone next. Yes he is a freak of nature, but 95% of NFL players are freaks of nature as well. None of them are immune to father time and history is so far on the other side of the AP is different argument, its not even funny. RB probably depends on athleticism more than any other position on a football field. When they lose a step, they lose it quick. Im sure some Vets will shake lose or some underachieving players will be put on the block and I'd rather take my chances with one of them. Call up Tampa and offer a 5th for Doug Martin. Call the Chiefs about Knile Davis for a 5th. These are the kinds of guys they should target if they're looking for a RB.

waving monkey

Reaction score
We need more help at the secondary position and if BPA is there of course you would take him ?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We need more help at the secondary position and if BPA is there of course you would take him ?

Peterson would help this secondary more than any corner or safety we add this year or next year could.

We would have the best offense in the nfl if we got Peterson, and it probably wouldn't be close. That takes a lot of pressure off of this defense and allows it another year to grow.

Fredd

Reaction score
JJ, take a step away from the whiskey bottle and let Stephen make the big boy decisions and comments

waving monkey

Reaction score
Peterson would help this secondary more than any corner or safety we add this year or next year could.

We would have the best offense in the nfl if we got Peterson, and it probably wouldn't be close. That takes a lot of pressure off of this defense and allows it another year to grow.

Not for a first round is all I am saying and not for a second.
For a player that if we're lucky gives you two more years
and we dont know that his the same player he was in 12

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
just my WAG, but I think they thought they had a really good shot to keep Murray..... And they just got priced out....?

I liked DM, but he isnt AP. AP is one of the greats. While DM has his place in history, his name isn't mentioned when talking about great running backs. APs name is.

And sure age is a concern. But really, what do you really expect from AD this upcoming season, wherever he plays? Based on a fans viewpoint, what is it you expect to see from him?

The best RB since Sanders/Smith. Born to run the football. Humiliated in a very public way. Felt he was sold-out by his employer. Knows he only has a few years left playing the game you know he loves.

Just watch him run the football. The way he has always
approached running the football. They only way he knows
how to run the football. He is a well documented workout warrior. A year off isn't going to change all that. He isn't going to forget how to run the football.

Does his body shutdown? Deteriorate so much he isn't the same? How about a simple physical and evaluation? I think we all know what we would be getting......This isn't
Eddie George.

I think he has a monster year.....and I think he has 2-3 years left..... And I would go get him.

Honestly, I would not take the risk. Too expensive.

Also, I think everything you said above could have been said about Tiger Woods right after his "embarrassment".