Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Hopefully he uses that pick to get us some help in the secondary. That is still our weakest link on our team.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Right now i wouldnt care if we lose a 2nd rounder for AP. A first... ? IDK. But with Collins i am so pumped up i guess id say yes.

I would go crazy if AP came to DC.

Would you be ok with losing Zack Martin or Gregory or Frederick in a couple years because we can't afford to keep them due to the dead money from APs contract? Because it's a real possibility with our cap situation

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
If I thought stephenbjones would go for this I would believe it would happen. But Stephen likes to build via the draft and will keep dpimg things as such.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
It just feels like it's gonna happen. With this year's unbelievable turn of events in the draft, the compensatory picks next year and the Romo window, it feels like the perfect storm. The word was the Vikings always wanted a first for AP -

I think they might get one - and we could be in for a wild three year ride,

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The only problem I see in it is from Minny. You have both former coaches in Zimm and Norv and they are not going to want to help us out. Plus they are in the NFC fighting for the same thing we are.

However, Minny isn't going anywhere. A 30 year old runningback is not going to take them to the promise land. They also have that 13 million cap on Peterson this year.

If I was Minny its time to stock up on draft picks and rebuild. Trade Peterson while he can fetch a first rounder.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
However, Minny isn't going anywhere. A 30 year old runningback is not going to take them to the promise land. They also have that 13 million cap on Peterson this year.

If I was Minny its time to stock up on draft picks and rebuild. Trade Peterson while he can fetch a first rounder.

Minny wants to make the playoffs. Going somewhere as they're concerned.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
How long has AP been in the league?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Minny wants to make the playoffs. Going somewhere as they're concerned.

Them wanting to make the playoffs is a pipedream. Even some of their most ardent fans don't think its possible. Peterson also doesn't want to be there. No matter how they want to spin it. I don't think he's coming to Dallas. But it would make good business sense for them to trade him since he has value.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
How long has AP been in the league?

Since '07. There's a lot of miles on those tires.

I'd trade for a 26 year-old AP, but not a 30 year-old one. Aside from that, his contract isn't cap-friendly in the least. That's not what people want to hear, but it's the simple reality.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Did you all not listen to Jerry? He mentioned to La'el he wants to create the best oline the NFL has ever seen.

We let Murray leave without a replacement. We didn't draft a RB and all we got was McFadden in FA. I believe there is something in the works. It might not be AP but who knows. But I believe that Jerry wants to make this oline special. What better way than having AP play for Dallas. Sure it might not happen. But I'm quite sure if they have ever bit of chance to get AP here, I'm willing to bet that Jerry will do it.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Exactly, if we were going to do that why not just keep Murray and your pick

just my WAG, but I think they thought they had a really good shot to keep Murray..... And they just got priced out....?

I liked DM, but he isnt AP. AP is one of the greats. While DM has his place in history, his name isn't mentioned when talking about great running backs. APs name is.

And sure age is a concern. But really, what do you really expect from AD this upcoming season, wherever he plays? Based on a fans viewpoint, what is it you expect to see from him?

The best RB since Sanders/Smith. Born to run the football. Humiliated in a very public way. Felt he was sold-out by his employer. Knows he only has a few years left playing the game you know he loves.

Just watch him run the football. The way he has always approached running the football. They only way he knows how to run the football. He is a well documented workout warrior. A year off isn't going to change all that. He isn't going to forget how to run the football.

Does his body shutdown? Deteriorate so much he isn't the same? How about a simple physical and evaluation? I think we all know what we would be getting......This isn't Eddie George.

I think he has a monster year.....and I think he has 2-3 years left..... And I would go get him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Them wanting to make the playoffs is a pipedream. Even some of their most ardent fans don't think its possible. Peterson also doesn't want to be there. No matter how they want to spin it. I don't think he's coming to Dallas. But it would make good business sense for them to trade him since he has value.

No not a pipedream.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Would you be ok with losing Zack Martin or Gregory or Frederick in a couple years because we can't afford to keep them due to the dead money from APs contract? Because it's a real possibility with our cap situation

No one is paying AP that money. If Minny does it, then they are really really dumb. --Now, AP gets paid a hefty amount, but it can be structured in a way that leaves very little dead money come year 3. -- ......................Cut Carr.