Jerry comments on Lawrence

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The catch is nobody is going to trade for a player who has one arm hanging off.
Man, I kept hearing he can't even be traded till he signs off on this second time of being franchise tagged,,,what am I missing? ( that I thought I'd once learned thru diligent classroom attendance)

conner01

Reaction score
I will try and splain it, lucy. By not getting the surgery he lessens his value to other teams, hampering the cowboys ability to trade him. In effect, he's attempting to force the cowboys to sign him since trade options are limited. If they don't sign him, he can always sign the tag and be guaranteed 20.5 million for this year. Then play this game again next year, assuming he plays well.
Or the team could pull the tag right at the deadline. Let him see if he can get 20 mil from a team when he’s not healthy
I don’t blame a player for wanting to get paid
I don’t blame a player for not wanting to be tagged twice
But you want to get paid but every day you wait to get shoulder fixed hurts your value

conner01

Reaction score
Oh I think hes making a poor choice by not getting surgery. I also think Stephen has sent a bad message to guys inside and outside of the organization dont come here for any money
People assume we lowballed him
I have no clue what he ask for or what we offered
But if history is any indicator we’ve paid guys or moved on

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think Lawrence and his agent are playing this very well.

Reactions: G2

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I guess Jerry doesn't like being held hostage which is what Lawrence has done here. A 20 million dollar franchise tag was offered but he wants to pout and not get his shoulder fixed. Which means if they don't give him a deal he's going to pout and do his surgery after the season starts. So you are stuck paying someone 20 Mil to rehab from a surgery he should have had months ago.
this is his plan then to move on next year with a big payday he will be a nonfactor during the regular season jerry and son have really screwed this up big time

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DLaw has not had the surgery for his injured shoulder.

The Cowboys don't want to pay big money for a player that is not 100% healthy in year 1 of the contract.

I don't blame Jerry. I saw no point in not getting the procedure done, this should have been taken care of the week after the final game just as Woods did. If you don't want to play then retire if you do, be it in Dallas or else where then the players responsibility is to get himself physically ready. While he wants a long term deal and I hope we get that done, lets not pretend that 20 million is peanuts which is what he would be getting this upcoming season

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or the team could pull the tag right at the deadline. Let him see if he can get 20 mil from a team when he’s not healthy
I don’t blame a player for wanting to get paid
I don’t blame a player for not wanting to be tagged twice
But you want to get paid but every day you wait to get shoulder fixed hurts your value

Like somebody else said earlier, when you are marketing yourself you should make yourself as marketable as possible. That would include making sure you are healthy and fully ready to go.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Let me get this straight: players won’t accept our offers (of money) because we don’t pay money?

Has being frugal hurt the Patriots at all?

Can never ever compare us or anyone to the Patriots. They have the GOAT QB and Coach. We cannot get away with what they do

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes.

And it would not be the first time a player played games in order to be released.

What was the guy who we had about 6 or 7 years back whom we signed to a large deal..

only to not report and claimed he was injured and we had forced him to play anyway.

I want to say it was Spencer but it was his buddy.

Spencer was another guy we gave a big contract to and he immediately had injury problems and washed out..

I believe the guys name was Ratliff.

He was a real f--ked up deal for us and it got nasty.
Well ratliff got mad at jerry over something jerry said about him pertaining to him not playing while he was injured.
after that he no longer wanted to play for cowboys....or jerry.
There are several reasons why a player might not want to resign with the cowboys.
1.jerry
2.stephen
3.garrett
4.low ball contract offers

aria

Reaction score
Man, I kept hearing he can't even be traded till he signs off on this second time of being franchise tagged,,,what am I missing? ( that I thought I'd once learned thru diligent classroom attendance)
I’m sorry, this statement is too coherent for you to type and for me to understand. Please rephrase in typical melonfeud tongue. K thanks!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t feel sorry for either one but if I were to choose a side I have the least sympathy for Jerry and the Cowboys as a franchise. Go for the “little guy”.

No, I want what's best for the team. Screw the little guy who is deliberately playing injured as a negotiating tool.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well ratliff got mad at jerry over something jerry said about him pertaining to him not playing while he was injured.
after that he no longer wanted to play for cowboys....or jerry.
There are several reasons why a player might not want to resign with the cowboys.
1.jerry
2.stephen
3.garrett
4.low ball contract offers
Yeah..

but Ratliff took the money and never played again.

They tried to get the money back but finally passed on it all.

SO my point was that some players have no moral agenda like the rest of us.

Ratliff pretty much crapped out after Dallas and was out of football.

Hoping Tank does not follow suite.

aria

Reaction score
No, I want what's best for the team. Screw the little guy who is deliberately playing injured as a negotiating tool.
If you want what’s best for the team than hope Jerrah sells it or takes a dirt nap. The latter being the most likely scenario, hopefully sooner than later.

conner01

Reaction score
Like somebody else said earlier, when you are marketing yourself you should make yourself as marketable as possible. That would include making sure you are healthy and fully ready to go.
I think his agent is giving him bad advise
If this was a surgery with serious implications that may not be able to fix I could see it
But this is a minor thing that’s done thousands a times a year

Fwed

Reaction score
Both sides are wrong and both sides are right..

Tank won’t play under the tag and if he does, he will sign it at the last minute and then get his surgery at the last minute. So then you don’t get a full season out of him and he still gets some pocket change on the way out because then he becomes a free agent and he walks in 2020.

Tank already told us this did he not?

He wanted a contract or he was going to play hardball.

Be mad all you want it’s just business and it’s a statement. Don’t tag me twice..

Jerry and the Cowboys are not victims here, their just holding the money.. On the flip side there’s always a risk, nobody wants to pay for damaged goods. It would be foolish to give him a contract without knowing the results of the surgery. What if the doctor slips?

Nobody wins but it just seems that Tank thought he had some type of agreement by playing on the tag last season and so now he’s playing hardball.. It sucks for the fans but it’s not our bodies out there getting mangled.

Maybe he should just take a year off and then test the market. I bet he gets stuck with another one year type prove it deal.. Nope nobody wins..

Having said all that I still believe they come to an agreement...
its actually not a bad strategy if your goal is to be released, it is a terrible strategy if you want to get a huge longterm contract with the Cowboys. This is why I think the final result will be that he gets cut...or traded for a day 2/3 pick draft weekend.

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
You should quit posting because every time you do you make an *** of yourself:

Nonsurgical treatment
Labral tears are often treated with rest, over-the-counter medications, and physical therapy.

He rested after 2017 so that didn’t work. I am guessing Jerry knows more about how bad his tear is than you, and judging by this looking like it is a deal breaker it must need surgery