Twitter: Jerry confirms it will be Tyron at LT and Tyler at LG

Aven8

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want Jerry to stop. He keeps us informed while he keeps our opponents guessing.

Best thing to do with Tyron is keep him as a backup the rest of the season while sparingly substituting him to see how his body holds up. If he starts to struggle or his body breaks down again during limited play, well, we will have our answer what to do with him after this season. Everyone knows Tyron is one of the best at Left Tackle when healthy, but we also know his body no longer holds up for a whole season. Time to make him a backup, play him sparingly and re-evaluate his remaining contract after this season.

I would love for him to be Tyron. But I just don’t see it. Are they willing to mess up the cohesion on the line in the middle of a playoff run? If he’s healthy Tyron than you do it as he and Tyler would be formidable together. But only if that’s the case.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want Jerry to stop. He keeps us informed while he keeps our opponents guessing.

Best thing to do with Tyron is keep him as a backup the rest of the season while sparingly substituting him to see how his body holds up. If he starts to struggle or his body breaks down again during limited play, well, we will have our answer what to do with him after this season. Everyone knows Tyron is one of the best at Left Tackle when healthy, but we also know his body no longer holds up for a whole season. Time to make him a backup, play him sparingly and re-evaluate his remaining contract after this season.
It also undermines the authority of the coaching staff.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I thought he was talking about Risen.:huh:

terra

Reaction score
and this is why we will never get a really top established coach while Jerry is above ground.

MM was desperate; I am willing to bet if he could have got a team somewhere else anywhere near as good he would NEVER have signed up here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some would call that meddling or undermining the coaching staff.

And dysfunctional leadership creating toxic atmosphere.
Undermining his coaches is a Jerry-super power. If he did nothing but sip JW Blue in the owners box and shut up each week he would greatly help his team’s chances of having a deep playoff run. But he just can’t do it.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
First jump offsides or holding penalty will be a sign. #77 wasn't playing "all pro" before this last injury but jerry's ego and wallet come before the team. IF the Gboy's RT comes around the end and drops Dak early, I hope Big Mike has the presence of mind to make the switch back.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Cowboys attempting to get their very best five OL guys in the starting lineup, while keeping backup Peters ready as an emergency.

- Think about the other teams around the entire NFL that are having all kind of hellish crisis with their OL issues and injuries, and what great shape we appear to be in.

- Remember when there was panic in Cowboys nation about depth and backup insurance ?
Many demanding the Cowboys sign free agent OT Eric Fisher (who is still a FA on the streets)

- Such much vast credit goes to McClay, OL coach Joe Phillibin and yes, even Stephen "Moneyball" Jones...for their work on this Cowboys OL .
.. :thumbup:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- Cowboys attempting to get their very best five OL guys in the starting lineup, while keeping backup Peters ready as an emergency.

- Think about the other teams around the entire NFL that are having all kind of hellish crisis with their OL issues and injuries, and what great shape we appear to be in.

- Remember when there was panic in Cowboys nation about depth and backup insurance ?
Many demanding the Cowboys sign free agent OT Eric Fisher (who is still a FA on the streets)

- Such much vast credit goes to McClay, OL coach Joe Phillibin and yes, even Stephen "Moneyball" Jones...for their work on this Cowboys OL .
.. :thumbup:
Maybe…but why not let the head coach make that decision and announcement? No other NFL team has this kind of goofball dysfunction.

McMicah

Reaction score
Good. This is best scenario for starters and depth. If Tyron goes down, Peter’s is there and ready