Twitter: Jerry confirms it will be Tyron at LT and Tyler at LG

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith is the heir apparent for the LT position regardless if Tyron Smith comes back or not.
Exactly. So why interrupt Tyler Smith’s development by plugging in the old man who has missed 42 games and counting in the last 6 seasons? His last game action was against SF in the playoff game last Jan and it was one of the worst games of his career.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I apologize for talking outside this thread topic but.

Where the heck is James Washington? He broke a bone in his foot 3 and a half months ago.

Has anyone heard anything I missed?

His return (or not) might be linked to the Odell signing.

links18

Reaction score
What a joke. "We like our guys" is now "We like our old, constantly injured guys." There is no way this was a coaches' decision. It's Jones Boyz all the way....

quickccc

Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean here.

All I’m saying is it would be great if our owner would just stop talking publicly about changing what’s been working. I cannot imagine why talking publicly about SBs and Tyron Smith’s return to the lineup is needed right now. Does anyone think McCarthy likes this talk? That’s all I’m saying.

Is Tyron Smith a “secret weapon” for the playoffs? Hey I love Tyron- he was once the best player on this team. But he’s now the old and often injured guy who has missed 42 regular season games since 2015. He needs to retire. One of the most important abilities an NFL player has is availability. Secret weapon? Sorry, Tyron Smith is yesterday’s news.

- What's the harm of Jerry mentioning Tyron back into the fold ? it's already been ongoing update how Tyron's progress is going.

- But the sense i get here is some may have a personal peeve with Jerry the Owner (or Jerry the GM?) - they want the head coach to make the major announcements on personnel .
They want Jerry to just sign the checks, keep his yap shut, and keep his shadow behind the curtains.

- As for Tyron ? ...we are not compromised and held hostage by Tyron anymore with the likes of Tyler and Peters available as options.
yes, in due time he will be permanently replaced, strongly assuming it's Tyler's long term role.

- In due time, at some time .. just like Aikman, just like Romo... Emmitt, Dez, Larry Allen, Witten... we will eventually move on with the great one. .

- But for now, is a Tyler Smith a better impact player than a Conner McGovern at LG ?
if Tyron shows struggle or is re-injured again,.. we make in-game adjustments back to Tyler- McGovern..

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Regardless of where he plays he was working out in the gym yesterday so he is getting close. Was at the Star yesterday on a tour and he was in there. Saw multiple other players as we were there at lunch. Romo his wife and kids, Rush, Martin, Shultz, Skip Peete, Fassell, Isaac A., Steele, Tyler Smith, the two rookie TEs, Conner, Tyler, and many others I probably didn’t recognize. Didn’t notice any defensive players at all. Dak and Zeke walked in together and were talking to many teammates as they headed to the lunch line. Pretty neat for everyone to see and quiet an impressive facility. No could not take pictures of the players.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I just don’t see it either. He’s coming off a torn off the bone hammy and it’s going to be healed that quickly? When James Wash can’t even heal from a broken bone in his foot? Smh

DR. Aven8... I am curious when you last performed surgery on a similar kind of injury? Or when the last time you helped someone rehab from such an injury?

Rayman70

Reaction score
DUMB DUMB DUMB MOVE. This was a Jerry move 100%. This is a mistake of huge magnitude.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What a joke. "We like our guys" is now "We like our old, constantly injured guys." There is no way this was a coaches' decision. It's Jones Boyz all the way....
this^^^^ I agree. It will be why we get beat in a huge moment. It will happen.

quickccc

Reaction score
Exactly. So why interrupt Tyler Smith’s development by plugging in the old man who has missed 42 games and counting in the last 6 seasons? His last game action was against SF in the playoff game last Jan and it was one of the worst games of his career.

- Because a Tyron- Tyler combination is better than a Tyler/MGovern combination.
- Cowboys trying to place their top five OL guys in the starting lineup.

-If Tyron shows signs of struggling that badly ala Niners playoff game, then pull him and return back to the previous lineup.
And the feeling i get is Tyron return would give him the neccessary rust-off reps to better his play-shape prior to playoffs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If anyone cost us a greater opportunity to go deeper in the playoffs , it will be Jethro Jone$ Frikin mouth.
yea, because I know that when anyone opens their mouth... they surely lose.

Hes to ugly to be champion... hes like a big ol' bear.

WE WILL WIN THE BALL GAME. you can put that in big font!

Plankton

Reaction score
WeightyPeriodicIndianpangolin-max-1mb.gif

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It also undermines the authority of the coaching staff.
Really? How do you know that Mike didnt tell him that his plan is to put Tyron back in his spot and move the rookie to G, which was the intention when they drafted him?

mardwin

Reaction score

This front office love to make easy decisions difficult. Tyron should be gone next year regardless, Tyler development and success should be priority #1.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Tyron Smith has missed 42 games since 2015. It makes zero sense to me why we are counting on this guy’s return. Especially when the first round pick we drafted is developing into a very good LT. Again, all this makes zero sense. Unless you are a Jones, lol.

Leave it to the Jones family to make the dumbest things somehow make sense. They won't get it until it's being said on TV by Romo or Aikman about how bad his body has failed him. Right now they're still hopeful he can play another 11 seasons

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
so you think Jerry hasnt talked with the Drs about Tyron? You think owner/GM Jerry hasnt spoken to his coaches about Tyron?
Wasn't dak supposed to only be out 4 weeks according to Dr Jerry? Wasn't Tyron just initially just a strain according to Dr. Jerry? Have you not heard McCarthy stay away from the questions regarding personnel while Coach Jerry is giving the game plan on the radio? Lmao