Twitter: Jerry: Dak deal imminent

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I would. And that's because I've likely observed Risen Star longer than you. And based on my observation, he has a dynamic deadpan wit that often riles those who don't understand or know his style.
But I find it amusing that the perceived negativity of others bother you so.
Risen is no fool. He likes to poke other people and can take it when poked back. I respect his right to state opinions despite the fact that they might fly in the face of prevailing popularity or sometimes, hysteria.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I heard his passer rating was off the charts. This is what we needed to see. Was seeing a lot of people picking at his passes not being right on. I watched football all day yesterday and saw a lot of passes from a lot of QB that looked exactly the same. Dak threw very catchable balls.
Dak has a passer rating which sets a Cowboys QB record.

Yes I watched Mahomes miss a wide open recover in the endzone 15 yards away yesterday, wasn't even close to being an accurate pass.

shabazz

Reaction score
Risen is no fool. He likes to poke other people and can take it when poked back. I respect his right to state opinions despite the fact that they might fly in the face of prevailing popularity or sometimes, hysteria.

Yes, Risen Star is one of us Deplorables that are urged to conform to the Party

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It ain’t perceived.
Yes, it is. Your perceptions are different than others. I understand if you operate from a binary paradigm and can't grasp this. But the world isn't always for vs. against or lover vs. hater.
You can love the Cowboys and at the same time be upset with the coaching, upset with the owner, disappointed in the players, etc.
Children can't differentiate beyond binary concepts; mature and intelligent adults can.
You can love the Dallas Cowboys and NOT be a fan of a particular player. Yeah, I know, strange concept to the uninitiated and those who only see in black and white. Open your eyes. There's a world full of colors. ;)

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, the range is set. Wentz and Goff are his peers. His pay should fall in line with those two. If Dak is asking for more than those guys, he's being unreasonable IMO.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Wonder what is Jerry's definition of "imminent"? In the next day or so? Few days? Weeks? Was he full of whiskey when he implied Dak would be signed soon? <- rhetorical question

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Your perceptions are different than others. I understand if you operate from a binary paradigm and can't grasp this. But the world isn't always for vs. against or lover vs. hater.
You can love the Cowboys and at the same time be upset with the coaching, upset with the owner, disappointed in the players, etc.
Children can't differentiate beyond binary concepts; mature and intelligent adults can.
You can love the Dallas Cowboys and NOT be a fan of a particular player. Yeah, I know, strange concept to the uninitiated and those who only see in black and white. Open your eyes. There's a world full of colors. ;)
You can’t be a Cowboys fan and constantly hate on almost every aspect of the organization like you and a handful of others do. Wake up, the worlds is not all dark.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You can’t be a Cowboys fan and constantly hate on almost every aspect of the organization like you and a handful of others do. Wake up, the worlds is not all dark.
And who made you the authority on what constitutes a Cowboys fan? :huh:
If a team known for going to the Super Bowl hasn't reached the pinnacle of its goals in more than 20 years, are we supposed to be happy about that?
Who do you think we are, the Cleveland Browns?
Cleveland Browns fans are merely happy with the "potential" of being good. Cowboys fans are happy when we are GREAT, meaning going to the Super Bowl and winning.
Are we supposed to be happy with losing or coming up short?
Therein lies the absurdity of your definition of "Cowboys fans."
Fans criticize players and coaches not simply because they just "don't like them" or they "hate" them. They criticize because they don't think those players or coaches can take us to the Super Bowl.
You have a simplistic way of looking at the world sans nuances.
And that's why you generally get bothered by people who aren't Pollyannish like you. And many people would GLADLY eat crow if Dak or Jason Garrett or whomever leads us to a Super Bowl win. That's what MOST fans would want.
But if we don't think they can deliver, we're going to say so because that is also encompassed in the definition of fan. :)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And who made you the authority on what constitutes a Cowboys fan? :huh:
If a team known for going to the Super Bowl hasn't reached the pinnacle of its goals in more than 20 years, are we supposed to be happy about that?
Who do you think we are, the Cleveland Browns?
Cleveland Browns fans are merely happy with the "potential" of being good. Cowboys fans are happy when we are GREAT, meaning going to the Super Bowl and winning.
Are we supposed to be happy with losing or coming up short?
Therein lies the absurdity of your definition of "Cowboys fans."
Fans criticize players and coaches not simply because they just "don't like them" or they "hate" them. They criticize because they don't think those players or coaches can take us to the Super Bowl.
You have a simplistic way of looking at the world sans nuances.
And that's why you generally get bothered by people who aren't Pollyannish like you. And many people would GLADLY eat crow if Dak or Jason Garrett or whomever leads us to a Super Bowl win. That's what MOST fans would want.
But if we don't think they can deliver, we're going to say so because that is also encompassed in the definition of fan. :)
Again you and fellow crew do nothing but complain about everything, every thread and almost every post.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Again you and fellow crew do nothing but complain about everything, every thread and almost every post.
Well, then buckle up and put your chin strap on because we're going to irritate the heck out of you if things should go South. :laugh:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Wonder what is Jerry's definition of "imminent"? In the next day or so? Few days? Weeks? Was he full of whiskey when he implied Dak would be signed soon? <- rhetorical question
If I were a betting man I'd imagine we won't see it before week 2