Twitter: Jerry: Dak deal imminent

Rayman70

Reaction score
just pay the man Jerry and **** already. Same goes for Amari.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
They may be reluctant to admit being wrong but they'll enjoy seeing the team win. That's if they're real fans and not trolling critics. ;)
being wrong isn't really the issue. how people feel is simply how they feel. it's all the butt-junk-nuggets who love to rub it in faces when he does well but make 16 tons of excuses when he doesn't do well.

over time - not over a game - dak will prove his worth. but the ones who get all pissed off you're not a dak fan and take it personal, it seems, make it difficult to give dak credit at all.

oh well. i'll be glad to give him credit when he does well and have done so. any junknugget awhipe who wants to make it personal i just slide to ignore and lose their jr high bull****.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I believe it was 25 of 32 or something like that
I heard his passer rating was off the charts. This is what we needed to see. Was seeing a lot of people picking at his passes not being right on. I watched football all day yesterday and saw a lot of passes from a lot of QB that looked exactly the same. Dak threw very catchable balls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maxresdefault.jpg

"Whaddya say Dak? 6 years, $200 million sound about right?"

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
just pay the man Jerry and **** already. Same goes for Amari.

Regardless of if Dak is "worth it", or if Amari will want a kings ransom to sign, the Cowboys have painted themselves into a corner imho.

The team is set for the way Dak, Zeke, Amari, the o-line and the defense plays. To not sign, or tick off, Dak and Amari would basically stop the building of the team. Jerry has made the commitment to Zeke, J. Smith, Lawrence, Martin, etc. and he needs to complete the plan.

This team, with few exceptions like safety with Heath, is primed for a SB run, or two, or three.

Can't stop now, it's all or nothing, get 'er done Jerry!

glimmerman

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

"Whaddya say Dak? 6 years, $200 million sound about right?"
Lmao. They will be lucky to sign him to that now. I was thinking 32.5 - 33 a year. After yesterday it may be 34 now. Lol. 6 years 200 million with 3-5 million more guaranteed than goff got. And a nice signing bonus. He is going to be better this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao. They will be lucky to sign him to that now. I was thinking 32.5 - 33 a year. After yesterday it may be 34 now. Lol. 6 years 200 million with 3-5 million more guaranteed than goff got. And a nice signing bonus. He is going to be better this year.

Remind me again how much Goff got guaranteed? I forget.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Daks rookie year he was really good with Romo sitting beside him. He looks good with Kitna. Kitna will get offers I bet as OC soon.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly! Did you see that graphic yesterday during the game? It showed that Jerry has given out more guaranteed money this offseason than what it cost to buy the team in 1989! What's another $120 million?
His franchise is worth 5 billion. What’s another couple of bucks.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

And the more games he has like this one (if he does, won't play a Giants-level team every week), the price will only go up.

If as I have always said, Jerry is firmly committed to Dak, pay the man and hope the cap goes up the next couple of years.

But I did read an article a day or so ago about Dallas' supposedly not having the money to pay Dak what he wants, and per the article the Cowboys will have like $82 mil in cap space next year, they now have gotten out of the Romo and other player dead money, their dead cap is really low, and the have the $$$ to pay Dak and Amari and even a couple more guys....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard his passer rating was off the charts. This is what we needed to see. Was seeing a lot of people picking at his passes not being right on. I watched football all day yesterday and saw a lot of passes from a lot of QB that looked exactly the same. Dak threw very catchable balls.

He had a perfect passer rating. Very rare.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
being wrong isn't really the issue. how people feel is simply how they feel. it's all the butt-junk-nuggets who love to rub it in faces when he does well but make 16 tons of excuses when he doesn't do well.

over time - not over a game - dak will prove his worth. but the ones who get all pissed off you're not a dak fan and take it personal, it seems, make it difficult to give dak credit at all.

oh well. i'll be glad to give him credit when he does well and have done so. any junknugget awhipe who wants to make it personal i just slide to ignore and lose their jr high bull****.

Perhaps with added success, especially vs. the stronger teams, they'll be inclined to 'feel' far less doubtful of him as a passer. It would be fair for them to realize that he hasn't had nearly the quality of receivers to throw to as he does now. Last year, the OL wasn't nearly their normal selves, either. Here's hoping their overall health continues in 2019. If not, at least, the depth seems to have improved somewhat.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the more games he has like this one (if he does, won't play a Giants-level team every week), the price will only go up.

If as I have always said, Jerry is firmly committed to Dak, pay the man and hope the cap goes up the next couple of years.

But I did read an article a day or so ago about Dallas' supposedly not having the money to pay Dak what he wants, and per the article the Cowboys will have like $82 mil in cap space next year, they now have gotten out of the Romo and other player dead money, their dead cap is really low, and the have the $$$ to pay Dak and Amari and even a couple more guys....

I also read an article that says the reason Dak hasn't been worried about an extension is b/c he's got 50 million in endorsement deals.............most of which are in large part due to the spotlight of being the Dallas Cowboys QB. That position has value. I think Jerry is trying to leverage that into a more palatable , team friendly contract. He's not getting 50 million in endorsements in Miami or most other destinations in need of QBs.