Twitter: Jerry: Dak deal imminent

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Honest question, @Super_Kazuya . What does one game really have to do with this, though? Dak has a 49-game sample to pull from. How does a single game drastically swing the pendulum in a direction that indicates anything other than the fact that we have a promising, developing, young QB on our hands?

Take a look at some of these splits. These categories cover his most recent stretch, his earliest stretch, his playoff agmes, and how he's done in the division:

LAST 16 GAMES
362 of 529 (68.4%) for 4,120 yards (7.8 YPA) ... 26 TDs to 8 INTs ... 101.6 rating

FIRST 16 GAMES
311 of 459 (67.8%) for 3,667 yards (7.9 YPA) ... 23 TDs to 4 INTs ... 104.9 rating

SEPTEMBER GAMES
229 of 353 (64.9%) for 2,614 yards (7.4 YPA) ... 14 TDs to 4 INTs ... 95.5 rating

DIVISIONAL GAMES
388 of 614 (63.2%) for 4,611 yards (7.5 YPA) ... 27 TDs to 8 INTs ... 95.3 rating

POSTSEASON
66 of 103 (64.1%) for 794 yards (7.7 YPA) ... 5 TDs to 2 INTs ... 95.7 rating

CAREER
1,000 of 1,507 (66.4%) for 11,281 yards (7.5 YPA) ... 71 TDs to 25 INTs ... 97.4 rating

None of this includes what he's done with his legs, because I think we are all in agreement that it's ultimately a quarterback's arm that will have to carry a team to the promise land.

Statistically, Dak has returned -- exceeded, really -- his breakout rookie performance. All while enhancing his overall mastery of the position and ability to attack a defense.

I'm not asking for a hyperbolic, jumping-up-and-down, enshrine-him now response from you or anyone else. But how can we not be collectively excited about this quarterback?

Damnnnnnn ....... Dale just knocked everyone out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You aren’t going to get a nuanced analysis from a bunch of brainless Dak slobberers. The only thing you can be sure of is when the Dak stinkers come — and they’re going to come, he’s the same old Dak — Dak slobberers are going to be hiding under a rock so deep that the CowboyRoy troll will be standing on their heads.
Yeah that's what I don't get are these people acting like just because some think he's average it means we hate the guy or something. He is still on the team so why would I want him to fail why he's starting to prove me right? If anything I want him or anybody else I don't think is that awesome to prove me wrong. He had an awesome game today so you give him his props but when he plays average I speak on that too. I don't get why folks can't do that and stop honestly living through Dak game to game performance

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I guess I don't "know" if he can make all the throws because to me.. to make the throws means you can do it consistently and under pressure. When you can execute those throws perfectly most of the time and under pressure.. then you can "make all the throws" in my book.

Absolutely LOVING the win today.. watching the third replay now.. and would 100% agree that our play calling was holding this entire offence back.. not just Dak. VERY excited to see that maybe we have finally got some creativity in there!!

I have always thought Dak can pick apart a defence in the right circumstances.. and especially with 3 solid targets and also the best RB in the league.. the question mark is whether he can pick apart a GOOD defence.. and consistently. That is my only question and I am hoping it is answered by the end of the season. We need Dak to be great if we want a ring.. and we ALL want a ring!!

I loved seeing WRs run and catch passes without them being in close quarters and tightly contested. Is this a fluke? I don't know, but I've watch many other games and wanted our team to have that type separation in our plays. We did today. When teams get some game tape and the defenses improve, I'll be interested in see how well Dak (and Moore) steps to the challenge. For the first time in the Dak era, I wasn't worried after seeing us starting at 1st and 20. He was finding targets and they weren't the primary target.

I want Dak to improve his accuracy and hit everyone perfectly. I want him to read the defense and pick the long ball. I also know that I watch Dak with a microscope and notice every flaw. When I watch other teams, I see the same passes that are off. Heck, when I attended the 2 Dallas/Pats games, I saw Brady totally miss wide open TDs many times (especially in 2007. Randy was open for a TD almost every play). I'm not sure we'll find our perfectly consistent QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I loved seeing WRs run and catch passes without them being in close quarters and tightly contested. Is this a fluke? I don't know, but I've watch many other games and wanted our team to have that type separation in our plays. We did today. When teams get some game tape and the defenses improve, I'll be interested in see how well Dak (and Moore) steps to the challenge. For the first time in the Dak era, I wasn't worried after seeing us starting at 1st and 20. He was finding targets and they weren't the primary target.

I want Dak to improve his accuracy and hit everyone perfectly. I want him to read the defense and pick the long ball. I also know that I watch Dak with a microscope and notice every flaw. When I watch other teams, I see the same passes that are off. Heck, when I attended the 2 Dallas/Pats games, I saw Brady totally miss wide open TDs many times (especially in 2007. Randy was open for a TD almost every play). I'm not sure we'll find our perfectly consistent QB.

Yea ....... I wish Romo and Dez could have played in this type of offense.

I hope it continues and Dak and Cooper will not have their youth wasted.

Reaction score
Dak was outstanding today. He simply was.

If Dak stinks next week, I'll say that too. I've done it before. More than once.

This really isn't that hard. Yet it seems impossible for some.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Your overall point is the same as mine: I’ve seen 3 seasons of Dak so I’m not overreacting to one game. And going into this season with those 3 in the rear view he was generally regarded in the 16-20 range. One game doesn’t change that to me. I can always reevaluate at the end of the season.
I don’t begrudge anyone for being excited but the weird trolling after one game is embarrassing. I don’t recall stupidity like this after the 40-7 Jaguars game last year and the Jags actually have some players on D.

Gotcha, I can respect that. I'd probably put Dak closer to the 13-16 range as opposed to the 16-20 range, but that isn't a huge disagreement there. I think what gives me hope is that I see a flashing arrow pointing upward. He had a horrendous stretch of about 12 games during the 2017 season, a stretch that I didn't think he'd recover from at the time to be honest. But he has, and it has me excited.

Only time will tell!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Dak was outstanding today. He simply was.

If Dak stinks next week, I'll say that too. I've done it before. More than once.

This really isn't that hard. Yet it seems impossible for some.

I agree with you. The question is do you pay him more than Aaron Rodgers lol

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The "Dak Sucks" crowd have their panties in a bunch...………….they were hoping and praying that Dak would crash and burn against the Gmen.

Never seen so-called Cowboy fans soo pissed off after a win.:laugh:

Nobody hopes the QB of the team they root for crashes and burns. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I guess Jackson has guaranteed a 60M/yr contract after next year with today's performance. I am sure everyone will be consistent in making blanket statements based on one game when it's a terrible performance.

I really enjoyed watching Dak light it up today, but this is quality post game entertainment, watching morons grasp for ways to not look completely wrong.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Have you been reading their posts this week?

SlurppyDog or whatever the hell his name is literally said Dak was not starting caliber...……….talking about sounding stupid:laugh:

So you actually think a Cowboys fan was mad when we were scoring touchdowns today?

Nav22

Reaction score
Disagree.. and ffs it is one game.. lets see how the Giants go this season.. that is literally all I'm saying. Is how about we just wait more than ONE friggen week before declaring Dak the next Brady.
What do you “disagree” with exactly?

The damage is done. The Bozos who said Dak wasn’t capable of doing what he did last night have no rope left. They’re finished.

“Dak has no arm talent!”

“Dak just dinks and dunks!”

“Dak can’t throw deep!”

All of those myths have been busted.

What this 1 game means... and the haters REALLY won’t like this... is that the RESULTS, and only the RESULTS, are what Dak can be judged on from now on.

His record has always been fantastic. His stats have always been very good.

It was only the baseless “EYE TEST!” argument that the haters were clinging to.

I’m so sorry, but that’s dead now. Dak can make every single throw.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dak was always going to get a contract in near equivalent value to Goff and Wentz. Today's game didn't change that. The Cowboys were close to a deal last week. The issue is likely (guessing) the length of the deal. The Cowboys prefer to do longer term contracts. That could mean a contract that averages about the same or even less than Goff and Wentz in the first 4 years, but escalates in the out years so that the average salary is actually higher.

I predicted 6 years $200M before the game. I'm sticking with that prediction.