Twitter: Jerry: Dak will be better and fans should have hope because we won 24 games the last 2 seasons

Ken

Reaction score
Imagine telling Cowboys fans in the late 90s that after the 2023 season they will have still not gotten back to a Conference Championship game.

Do you think the late 90s Cowboys fan would've called that "doom and gloom? I do.

This new generation of Cowboys fan seems to love to arrogantly wallow in the mediocrity.
It is funny because my buddy and i were just talking about it. I think i was around 20 or so when we last were in the super bowl. I remember he and i went to dinner and were stuck in traffic coming back from Philly and remember listening to the 1st quarter vs Pitt in the damn car.

I remember being pissed about it but not that pissed. I told him i assumed their would be many more and took it for granted.........he (the eagles fan) didn't remember any of it but i did.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately Cowboy fans, we are no longer that championship caliber franchise many of us grew up with.

That all ended when our frikin owner parted ways with Jimmy and he insisted on being the face of franchise strangle-holding football operations.
Honestly,
I knew the Pittman years and drafts were bad, but I never imagined he let the nonsense go on this long.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately Cowboy fans our dysfunctional ownership is more focused on proving he is right than winning.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly,
I knew the Pittman years and drafts were bad, but I never imagined he let the nonsense go on this long.
Well, here we are what almost 30 years later.

And Jethro’s comments this week are even more alarming.

But this is what I love and respect about him. He lays it out there so honest about his intentions.

I’m not sure everyone truly grasp that winning championships isn’t his top priority,

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh...I didn't realize you didn't realize he was talking about wins and Dak as separate statements.

He didn't say Dak won 24 games. he said the team did.
Wins are on the team.. losses are on Dak.. Learn the rules man.

Reactions: Ken

LysleE

Reaction score
I think the Jones’ boys are standing pat because they don’t know how to fix things…they don’t know what to do, so they just maintain status quo.
Why else would one do nothing to address the same problems year-after-year? A rational person would work the problem and implement a solution…but then we are speaking of Jerry Jones.

Ken

Reaction score
You're the second person to post this. Do you people do it just to troll or can yall honestly not count?
Yes they just read headlines like most people. If they listened to him, they would know that he stated the TEAM won 24(25) games and, seperate thought, they should be optimistic because we have Dak.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Jerry more interested in profit and loss statement and cash flows. Keeping Cowboys winning in the regular season makes him money.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I said this a few weeks ago. They aren't doing anything big. Parted ways with KM, that's the big splash.

Let some time pass by and then surface and push the snake oil salesmen rah rah cowboys pitch for the next 200 days.

Rinse and repeat.

We are the losers that care enough to keep coming here. Close these forums, delete your accounts, stop buying tickets. The only way to make changes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're the second person to post this. Do you people do it just to troll or can yall honestly not count?
as if Dak wouldn't have won all of them by larger margin given the exact scenarios that played out.. like insane D, run game on point, OL at its best and STs doing 63 yard fgs LOL the haters never mention Dak easily wins those same games. Yet we all know Rush can't win in shootout, IE anything over 25points we lose with rush, that dak was put in when all those team issues popped up.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Unfortunately Cowboy fans, we are no longer that championship caliber franchise many of us grew up with.

That all ended when our frikin owner parted ways with Jimmy and he insisted on being the face of franchise strangle-holding football operations.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Ok, quite a few peeps here have been saying this for ages now. :)