Twitter: Jerry dodges questions about Nolan's future

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I still can’t believe that Jerrah only interviewed one candidate for the head coaching vacancy. The Marvin Lewis interview was for show. He runs the football team like a fan. John Elway, a better general manager then Jerry and son, is stepping away from the pro player decisions. It’s time for the Joneses to do the same.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I give Nolan a pass this year, due to the fact, that the defense was bad before he got here. The increase in sucktitude (yes sucktitude), may be due to new scheme, average talent, and no time to train. Next year, with a full off season, drafting, and the loss of dead weight; the team should be okay.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I give Nolan a pass this year, due to the fact, that the defense was bad before he got here. The increase in sucktitude (yes sucktitude), may be due to new scheme, average talent, and no time to train. Next year, with a full off season, drafting, and the loss of dead weight; the team should be okay.

This is why I believe he's staying. This is what they'll think.

Carter

Reaction score

Exactly. And if they still suck this bad they will probably cut him after next season.

Sydla

Reaction score

Oh this absolutely will be the reason they bring him back. It will be the wrong decision but it's the most likely one.

Jerry struggles with admitting mistakes this soon because he thinks it's a reflection on him and his football acumen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We are

28th in Points allowed
26th in Yards allowed
11th in Pass Yards allowed
Last in Rush Yards allowed
30th in TD allowed
30th in TOP allowed

So there is still room to decrease :D
Top 5 in the league in forced turnovers. You have to be some what impressed with that after the Rod years.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Jerry should be tired of dodging at this point. He's long in the tooth and should not dally at this point. Get MM are real DC and not just a buddy. Demote him to LBs coach if you love him so much. let him coattail this thing out. there's no shame just team work. We can't waste our whole lives with names and connections.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If anyone wonders how Jerry's getting on after such a terrible season

Yep.. He was very very proud.

This team doesn't give 2 craps about winning football games. They are a business and everyone in that organization operates that way.

Winning championships is the least of their priorities. Relevancy, attendance, and Jerry's ego are our top priorities.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Trevon Diggs and Donovan Wilson are good building blocks for the secondary. What we need now are another outside corner, a slot corner and another safety. Preferably at least one of those guys will be a ballhawk like Diggs.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh this absolutely will be the reason they bring him back. It will be the wrong decision but it's the most likely one.

Jerry struggles with admitting mistakes this soon because he thinks it's a reflection on him and his football acumen.

While 31 owners want to win a championship, Jerry wants to be popular. The championship, is just icing on the cake.

Carter

Reaction score
Trevon Diggs and Donovan Wilson are good building blocks for the secondary. What we need now are another outside corner, a slot corner and another safety. Preferably at least one of those guys will be a ballhawk like Diggs.

I thought we had our slot corner in Jourdan Lewis but he massively regressed this season and had multiple boneheaded penalties for behaviour.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's a combo of MM going to bat for him and Jerry having to pay him anyway.

When the defense improves next year....which is likely because they cant be worse...they will get a third year.

The wrong coaching hire is a 3-5 year setback at least.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
But, Jerry thought he had a good team.