Twitter: Jerry dodges questions about Nolan's future

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Buckle-up your booster seats because it’s sounding like Coach Nolan will be here another year.

Jerry sees firing a coach/coordinator after a year as a failure on his part to evaluate/recruit. Jerry won’t pull the trigger after year one and has his Covid card at the ready for the excuse.

Nah...the only way this works out is if Fat Mike donns the executioner mask so that the blood isn’t on Jerry’s hands.

80% chance Nolan stays on for 2021.
100% he’ll be fired mid-way through next season because Faylon Smith will 100% still be the starting MLB and continue to stink it up. It’s like we’re playing with 10 men on defense.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
While we disagree on Dak we 100 percent agree on this.

My fandom started dissipating when the Jones family decided to take a family vacation a few years back during the first week of FA. That to me was the biggest slap in the face as a fan I have endured since Jimmy was fired to cater to Jones' ego.

Good lad, why would you object to the Joneses being away from FA?
Unless you were implying that Jerry blew off FA and didnt leave anyone in charge to work the phones.
Hollah, and brings me a dollah!

zerofill

Reaction score
I heard part of it when he said that he underestimated changing the D without being able to practice etc due to Covid and that they shouldn’t have changed schemes.

Have to laugh when people say that. Professional athletes... paid millions...
Jackasses should be studying plays every moment of the day for what they
get paid for 6 months of actual real work per year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Silly!
Jerry doesnt fire coaches. He coddles, he enables, he develops and keeps hoping for another Belichick to flower.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Good lad, why would you object to the Joneses being away from FA?
Unless you were implying that Jerry blew off FA and didnt leave anyone in charge to work the phones.
Hollah, and brings me a dollah!
I dont care what he was doing. You dont book a family vacation during FA. Its a bad look

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Right you are, govnor!
Any Joe or Josephine Schmo earning even $50k would hit the books and manuals daily and scramble to improve every day.
These cats relax because they live in a Jerry Disneyland where employment is OWED not earned!

Aven8

Reaction score

That sounds true, but they can’t practice standing up, after coming from a three point stance (all of there careers) via Zoom. Lots of technical nuances in pro football than just go kill the QB.

zerofill

Reaction score
That sounds true, but they can’t practice standing up, after coming from a three point stance (all of there careers) via Zoom. Lots of technical nuances in pro football than just go kill the QB.

I agree, I expect them to be rusty, maybe not in football shape at the start of this season. I don't expect them
to have a hard time comprehending a play... or their job on such play. They didn't seem to even
know what the play was many times this season.

I mean often these players didn't even seem to know their assignments at all.

Coaching takes part of the blame, but the players take a real big portion of it as well.

We are talking about a vast majority of these players have been playing since 7th grade
or even before that.

If they don't understand a play, or their assignments, they need to find out what those are.

I don't think many of these guys take any accountability for anything. They don't have the
drive to figure anything out either.

I can see the excuse often being, well coach never told me.

From grown up men, making large paychecks.

ESisback

Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I’d disappear. No interviews, no quotes, nothing, because no matter what he says, people will gripe and whine

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They can change defensive coordinators until they are blue in the face and it won't make a bit of difference until they add more talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I’d disappear. No interviews, no quotes, nothing, because no matter what he says, people will gripe and whine

He's a narcissist who loves to be the center of attention so you always know something is coming when he avoids the cameras.

pitt33

Reaction score
Yep.. He was very very proud.

This team doesn't give 2 craps about winning football games. They are a business and everyone in that organization operates that way.

Winning championships is the least of their priorities. Relevancy, attendance, and Jerry's ego are our top priorities.
Jerry has his three Lombardi trophies. Deep down he knows he probably won’t live to see another.

CWR

Reaction score
I expect to retain the entire staff. Nolan was awful, but the last 4 games we started getting turn overs in a big way, and I think that might have saved Nolans job.

Id actually be suprised if Jerry pulls the cord on anyone after 2020.

Hes used to over react, now he's more of an under reactor.

ESisback

Reaction score
He's a narcissist who loves to be the center of attention so you always know something is coming when he avoids the cameras.

Sure, just saying what I would do....don’t give ‘em any ammo!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That's a good sign, normally when Jones is keeping guys he praises them or just comes out and says they'll be back. The fact he hasn't with Nolan suggests uncertainty.

What will happen? Jones probably hasn't spoken to McCarthy yet about his desire to make defensive changes. McCarthy will either agree and move on from Nolan as defensive coordinator or he'll sell Jones on another season with Nolan claiming wrong players to run the scheme or the short offseason. If that's the direction McCarthy will be on a very short leash.

I do hope they move on from Nolan and move him to a consultant type role at most.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's a good sign, normally when Jones is keeping guys he praises them or just comes out and says they'll be back. The fact he hasn't with Nolan suggests uncertainty.

I think so too.

If Jerry were being sensible about trying to find the best, instead of "giving Nolan a fair chance", Nolan would just be out.

If we were looking to fill DC, and saw Nolan on the market, there is no way he's our first choice of what's available.