Twitter: Jerry dodges questions about Nolan's future

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Jerry, believes in the "Superbowl of ME." Each year, he wins the coveted "ME" award, 26 years and counting.
Correct if I'm wrong, but didn't MM recommend Nolan? Is so, that was a bad idea. Regardless Jerry should have know better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep.. He was very very proud.

This team doesn't give 2 craps about winning football games. They are a business and everyone in that organization operates that way.

Winning championships is the least of their priorities. Relevancy, attendance, and Jerry's ego are our top priorities.
As i have said before. This should have been evident when the family took a vacation during the first week of FA 2 years ago. Or however long ago it was.

Redline360

Reaction score
Only Jerry Jones considers going from being on pace for the worst historical defense in football to moving up a notch to still being pathetic as a positive sign

If we didn't play Washington, eagles, and Giants numerous times man the defense would set numerous records

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question. Did anyone here actually believe Jones would announce any decision about Nolan?

I mean, it is one thing to throw softballs at Jones on a radio show and get his customary song-and-dance routine afterwards. He has been doing that for over 30 years. It is another thing altogether expecting Jones to can the guy on cue.

Jones is the same person who allowed Garrett's contract to run out even though he had already made up his mind to hire McCarthy. Good grief. Jones is Jones. Take The Who's advice and not let yourselves get fooled again.

My question would be whether another opportunity was wasted, by anyone Jones has agreed into having a conversation with him, not asking him why he does not hire a qualified football managerial professional as general manager? That single question should be part of any and all conversations with Jones until either it happens or he is physically or mentally incapable of answering the question.

Media should do the public a meaningful service and pose that most important question to Jones every freaking time. If Jones gets pissed and shuts up, fine. Let his narcissism take a hit. If you lose him as a guest, that's okay too. All he has been doing is handing out baloney for decades. Stop feeding his narcissism in turn for once.

/rant

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If Nolan were safe, JJ would have said as much. The fact that he didn't means he's not confident in him fully.

My guess is Nolan is either demoted or jettisoned.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think many fans/posters missed it MM also dodge the question. Read a tweet after the game where he was asked about Nolans future and he said something about these types of evaluations for players AND coaches will be decided during year end exit interviews.

It could very well be one or two possible replacements they want but not sure if can get them ........willing to bet a red penny Marvin Lewis is one.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What would the NFL media do without Jerry? Half of them owe their jobs to Jerry. Jerry is the lightning rod attracting the viewers.

The true but boring response is McCarthy will make the decision based on who is available. If we find someone better than yes, Nolan will be fired. The talking heads in the media would put their viewers to sleep with that.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As i have said before. This should have been evident when the family took a vacation during the first week of FA 2 years ago. Or however long ago it was.
Yeah, how many other NFL GM's did that?

The issue is we don't actually have a GM, Jerry is like a TV actor that plays one, when it is convenient for him to do so.