Jerry down and out

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well, I make every home game save Thanksgiving and, believe me, I know Jerry is the problem. And I see no way the Cowboys play in another Super Bowl until Jerry passes unless it’s by total accident. It’s about an experience with my grandson as it was with my dad before his passing.
Well, I am glad you know the issue.
Since you're local is it your opinion that most that attend the games feel the same as you?

Big_D

Reaction score
Come on now.
are you saying Dallas hasnt drafted well?
only 2-3 teams have drafted better
What are the parameters for drafting well if it’s not winning playoff games?

JustChip

Reaction score
Well, I am glad you know the issue.
Since you're local is it your opinion that most that attend the games feel the same as you?
It really depends. The regulars around me definitely see Jerry as the problem. But I honestly can’t speak to the casual fan that’s there for the atmosphere and party.

How much the casual fans make of the crowd varies. You can always tell when it’s a higher number because they’ll do stupid things like the wave when the Cowboys are on offense. Or stand in a concession line for a full quarter. I don’t consider them real fans.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
It's inevitable that at some point, guys his age must come to grips with their mortality. I'm a year older than Jerry and have had some scares that have caused me to seriously consider what lies ahead for me in the times to come. I'm pretty sure Jerry is coming to grips with his mortality, also. It's been said that he's taking his team's latest defeat catastrophically. I can readily identify with his plight but it's one we will all face, eventually. Get a GM.

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
Right? Enjoy the owners box, wave to the fans. People love him, hell I’d love to have a drink with Jerry I bet he’d be fun. Why endure the criticism. Go get Belechik let’s win some games.
Water and Oil, Jerry and Belichiek would never mix. This team would thrive though.

leeblair

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
Jerry's had his chances to have a winner, and to bring this franchise back to greatness. Each time he chose his own way. Ironically, if he had chosen to take the right path, he'd be happier and so would his fans. His ego has caused him to be publicly humiliate on national television countless times.
Every time he thought he'd have something to celebrate, the team would play so terrible that it humiliated him- and all of the Cowboys real fans.
The only ones happy are his pet players, who get paid huge salaries regardless of how the game turns out, and their fan clubs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It really depends. The regulars around me definitely see Jerry as the problem. But I honestly can’t speak to the casual fan that’s there for the atmosphere and party.

How much the casual fans make of the crowd varies. You can always tell when it’s a higher number because they’ll do stupid things like the wave when the Cowboys are on offense. Or stand in a concession line for a full quarter. I don’t consider them real fans.
Thanks!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If JJ still believing he can win with Dak and his YES MAN coach good luck he won't see that anytime soon

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know one Cowboys legend from the 1970s in real life. Not going to out them, but they went from old time homer to "Jerry is the problem" more than 10 years ago.
I liked Jerry the first 17 years he owned the team.
I realized after he forced TO on Parcells and ran him off that their was a problem.
The 15 years since that time have reinforced that he is the problem and not the solution