Jerry down and out

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry I'll be rooting for the 49ers like most Cowboy fans.
Not Cowboy fans I know as SF could pass us with 6 rings.

And then root for whoever is in for AFC in SB. Which I think will be favored over NFC.

We don’t really have to root for anyone in NFC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't wish ill on him.

Ultimately, how about hire a GM if he's so down about the loss?
He hasn’t been GM for years
now if you want him to replace Will Clay and Stephen then that would be finding a new GM

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Will nor Stephen did not hire McCarthy and the assistants. Hog Jowls did that and that responsibility befalls the GM on every other team.
True. Jerry hired him
So is the complaint here that we hired McCarthy?
Not how we handle the draft, cap, or free agency? Because all of those are on McClay and Stephen

JustChip

Reaction score
True. Jerry hired him
So is the complaint here that we hired McCarthy?
Not how we handle the draft, cap, or free agency? Because all of those are on McClay and Stephen
Not really. Just pointing out that hiring a HC is a GM function so to say Jerry’s not performing GM duties is not right. The real issue is the disjointed organizational structure. In particular, too many public voices.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, jerry is still crying. he didn't know all he had to do was hire a new offensive coordinator for Jason Garrett and we could have won many super bowls with him. Isn't that what we want now, just a new coordinator will help us win many super bowls.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
I don't hate him as a person. I just think he's not the right person to be GM for this team. If he's feeling this down, now would be the perfect time for him to hire a GM, and then just take time off and enjoy life. Go have fun on a tropical island somewhere while his GM takes care of the needs of this team.

Toro9

Reaction score
Depression and understanding can lead to enlightenment

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Not Cowboy fans I know as SF could pass us with 6 rings.

And then root for whoever is in for AFC in SB. Which I think will be favored over NFC.

We don’t really have to root for anyone in NFC

My take on it as well… JJ wants so badly to prove he is a successful football guy and was responsible for the SBs in the 90’s

All the money is just a consolation at this point. He has had more $$$ than he can spend in this lifetime for the last 25 years.

He wants to cement his legacy, and he wants to prove that he did it “his way.” As you said, following the last L— that dream feels years away at this point— and how many years does he have left?
He's created his own story by not allowing his coaches to instill discipline or accountability for years.

Trajan

Reaction score
So many people have seen the reality that Jerry is the problem and the single point of failure for 30 years.

It is mind blowing to me that a guy can be so successful and yet so complete oblivious that the reality that he is the problem. Who knows, maybe he recognizes it and just doesn’t care, or so badly wants to prove everyone wrong he will keep being a poor GM.

My long term concern is that once he is gone, I think the team gets worse. Stephan appears to be a less intense accountant who will pay players based only on an excel spreadsheet and has no real grasp of the game.

I do here good things about about one of the grandkids in middle school, has a great feel for the game and will be a great GM in 30 years…..I give up :(

kskboys

Reaction score
So many people have seen the reality that Jerry is the problem and the single point of failure for 30 years.

It is mind blowing to me that a guy can be so successful and yet so complete oblivious that the reality that he is the problem. Who knows, maybe he recognizes it and just doesn’t care, or so badly wants to prove everyone wrong he will keep being a poor GM.

My long term concern is that once he is gone, I think the team gets worse. Stephan appears to be a less intense accountant who will pay players based only on an excel spreadsheet and has no real grasp of the game.

I do here good things about about one of the grandkids in middle school, has a great feel for the game and will be a great GM in 30 years…..I give up :(
Jerry stated that he would've been fired as GM for any other team. He knows, and would rather lose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
Serves him right for bumbling the zeke extension. He got a first row seat of a zeke featured offense two years in a row at the hands of niners.

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s been a complete clown for almost 30 years! He created this..

bottleKids

Reaction score
Serves him right for bumbling the zeke extension. He got a first row seat of a zeke featured offense two years in a row at the hands of niners.
What are you talking about?

Zeeke had 10 carries. Dak threw 37 times...

You and I have a much different idea of "featured"