Jerry Expects No Elliot vs NYG

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by GenoT, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,259 Messages
    7,166 Likes Received
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    6,759 Likes Received
    Jerry motioned late last night that the hold-out could extend well past the season opener.

Melonfeud, buybuydandavis and GenoT like this.
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

4,004 Messages
    3,963 Likes Received
    He's not budging on Elliott's demands, and rightfully so.

4. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

5,764 Messages
    6,626 Likes Received
    He should be assuming he won’t be there all year. Bring in another RB thru trade or final cuts.

5. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    Good, won’t need him for the first 3 games anyways.

LittleD, glimmerman and Irvin88_4life like this.
  6. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,315 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    yep. drafted him in 2 leagues. one at the 2nd pick for just rolling the dice, the other at 4 where he seems to be all the time now. no other RB really had that appeal and i just had to make sure i drafted (2) solid other RB's to put zeke on the bench for a little bit.

in any event, i hate holdouts. but in this case i am still glad jones is holding his ground.

7. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

4,844 Messages
    7,888 Likes Received
    I honestly think he’s not playing another down in a cowboy uniform

8. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,225 Messages
    7,525 Likes Received
    Prepare for a long holdout. The Cowboys should withdrawl their offer and make it clear they expect Zeke to honor his existing contract the next 2 years.

LittleD, Cas2800, IceBowler and 10 others like this.
  9. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,000 Messages
    7,260 Likes Received
    If we win games without Zeke, not only is he flushing game checks down the toilet, any leverage he thinks he has evaporates as well.

Zeke has the most to lose in this staring contest. There is no reason for the FO to change their position unless there is a serious injury to Pollard or the running game just craters.

I could easily see us winning the first three games out of the gate, and that will place tremendous pressure on Zeke and his camp.

Cowfan75, Direwolf63, Proximo and 6 others like this.
  10. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

4,004 Messages
    3,963 Likes Received
    It may be a blessing in disguise with expiring contracts on Maliek, La'el and Byron. The expectation all along has been we may be saying goodbye to some of these guys due to a numbers crunch. That $14M APY they have aside for Elliott would go a long way towards keeping them.

If our running game is productive Elliott loses all leverage.

LittleD, ykc, JeffAtl and 8 others like this.
  11. ThatJerryKid

ThatJerryKid cowboys31

968 Messages
    2,105 Likes Received
    The Cowboys should tell Zeke he has until Wednesday to sign or the offer is off the table. Play 2 years under his contract and then franchise tag him for a year before letting him walk. If he wants to sit out any of those years, have fun hanging out with Faulk. I’m sure he’s a blast.

12. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,259 Messages
    7,166 Likes Received
    It’s a bit of a crapshoot but, if Pollard comes out strong and everyone else picks up the slack, Jerry may decide to leave Zeke on the back burner to simmer in his own stew. If our running game and the offense struggle, not so much.

13. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,731 Messages
    7,384 Likes Received
    Done with him, and I really want him gone from this team. No player is greater than the Star and this guy is very selfish, who Jerry's has had his back since Day 1. He has been offered a very good contract.

Cas2800, IceBowler, JohnBoy and 8 others like this.
  14. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

17,040 Messages
    19,385 Likes Received
    I said this just the other day to some people I know. I think he holds out and the Cowboys win games and the run game is effective and essentially they trade Zeke.

On the other hand I hope Dak signs before week 1 game because he is going to have a huge year. Moore calls plays that suits the QB that is playing and I see Dak having a MVP type year.

TheFinisher likes this.
  15. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

9,541 Messages
    4,737 Likes Received
    Going to assume Garrett will get a pass on the entire season again regardless, because no Elliot.

16. Legend

Legend Well-Known Member

856 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Dak is not going to have a huge year without Zeke. The run game will not be effective without Zeke.

In game adjustments will confuse a rookie OC.

Base defenses (no one in Cowboys backfield to command stack fronts) and heavy blitzes will seriously disrupt Dak and the passing game.

17. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

8,000 Messages
    13,463 Likes Received
    Not sure I'd go this far but understand your thinking. IF he's not signed by trade deadline in Oct. I'm sure Jerry will get a call or two from interested teams whether they wanna move him but can also see Zeke agent for the first time asking for trade also.

I'm guessing if this thing goes that long w/o deal, there's a major gap or holdup.

18. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

15,028 Messages
    15,103 Likes Received
    Elliott won't sit all year.

Praxit and GenoT like this.
  19. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,031 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    As annoying as this whole saga is, I don't blame him. You want to hold out with two years left? Fine! But you better take less if you want a new deal this early. I still think something gets done. After roster cuts I'm sure that is what the Jonses will be focusing on. I think Wednesday is the no point of return for Week 1. My hope in that case is that Pollard goes off for 200 yards and 3TD's.

20. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    5,481 Likes Received
    That's a depressing thought to start the day