Jerry finally gets it

ICP

Reaction score
I would wait until after the off-season to see what he actually gets

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The hype has already begun for 2024.

Regardless however much Jethro is or believes he’s All In, fans don’t have to buy in.

That said , we should still listen to him cause that’s the path we’ll take including resigning our QB who Jethro believes in.

And remember just cause he believes we’re close doesn’t mean we are. But that’s his sales pitch.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love this all in talk. Spend some cap and upgrade our positions and I might be back all in. This is what this team needs. It took Jerry 29 years but he finally understands “it”.

Let’s go Cowboys!
Oh, I thought he found him a girlyfriend. Or boyfriend, no judging here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Welcome to the pre free agency part of being a Cowboy fan where Jerry insists he is about to go all in about go big to win. Prepare to be disappointed in about 2 months when it means they traded for some past their prime players and signed some bargain bin free agents.
And drafted another TE in the 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
you do know he means keep what we got and not lose any pieces..thats Jerry's "All in" in FA..hell this year was actually aggressive for FA for him..
Not FA. Maybe aggressive with trades, but our FA signings were OL Chuma Edoga, RB Ronald Jones II and LS Trent Sieg. I expect more of the same, with us being "all in" on our own FAs that are due for big contracts.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
All in the discount bin once again. I will believe it when I see it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I love this all in talk. Spend some cap and upgrade our positions and I might be back all in. This is what this team needs. It took Jerry 29 years but he finally understands “it”.

Let’s go Cowboys!
Well you are not exactly speaking the same language as Jeruh. Or your translation of what he said is different.

Jerry said we more than likely will not have our cap figured out before free agency. Not sure how you go all in with no salary cap space.

We will wait again until the second and third waive and wait and go bargain hunting again in ffree agency.

So will will sign players coming off an injury for a 1 year deal and or older players that are past their prime. Does this sound like going all in to you!

Don't feel bad we are all still trying to figure out Jeruh speak.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I have to admit, it's amazing how many people are buying into what Jerry is saying.

Me? Jerry says a lot of crap that isn't true.

So I'll believe we are all in when FA rolls around, Jerry has created a ton of cap space, and we are active from the get go in FA.
You do realize that to create a lot of cap space we are going to have to give Dak a new contract, right?

There is no magic bullet here to get a bunch of cap room.

1) extend Dak (can’t win situation here)
2) sign CeeDee to a long term deal and shove the money to the end
3) don’t extend Micah cause his 4th year is still cheap (dumb but people want cap room)
4) let Pollard, Armstrong, Gilmore and Kearse all go

Or, the Zone special

Cut Dak and take the hit
Trade CeeDee
Trade Micah
Let every free agent go
Keep all our money and sign league minimum contracts to fill the roster
Complain that we didn’t spend 50 million on two or three top free agents.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It took Jerry 29 years but he finally understands “it”.
dXT0Gmy.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Welcome to the pre free agency part of being a Cowboy fan where Jerry insists he is about to go all in about go big to win. Prepare to be disappointed in about 2 months when it means they traded for some past their prime players and signed some bargain bin free agents.
Just wait, the Cowboys will be tied to every legit free agent and we will be tied to every trade rumor *** well.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
You do realize that to create a lot of cap space we are going to have to give Dak a new contract, right?

There is no magic bullet here to get a bunch of cap room.

1) extend Dak (can’t win situation here)
2) sign CeeDee to a long term deal and shove the money to the end
3) don’t extend Micah cause his 4th year is still cheap (dumb but people want cap room)
4) let Pollard, Armstrong, Gilmore and Kearse all go
Garrett Podell :

"Some of the things the Cowboys can do to open up more salary cap space in the name of being "all-in" is triggering restructures through clauses in the contracts of right guard Zack Martin, defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, cornerback Trevon Diggs, safety Donovan Wilson and safety Malik Hooker. Restructuring those five deals could net as much as $25 million in room, and that isn't even including the likely release of Michael Gallup and his five-year, $57.5 million deal, which could create another $9.5M in space if categorized as a post-June 1 boot. "

There is things that can be done.. but I totally agree.. Dak will be re-signed to make more room.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry used to have a gamblers mentality, but those around him he trusts have tamed him which at times can be a good thing others not.

As fans we haven't seen the throw caution at the wind Jerry for a while and I hope he takes some bigger swings this offseason but that remains to be seen.

Personally my biggest offseason regret is not making a play for Bobby Wagner for a resonable contract. They'll have another opportunity this offseason, along with some other LBs and DTs.
It was easy for Jeruh to be a high stakes gambler when there was no salary gap. Now he has to sit around and play Keno.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question: So Jerry says, “In 2024, I’m all in.” Are we then to believe he was only “half in” for the 2023 season? Does this mean, “Ok, no more fooling around. Now I’m serious…” ???

Chasing6

Reaction score
Garrett Podell :

"Some of the things the Cowboys can do to open up more salary cap space in the name of being "all-in" is triggering restructures through clauses in the contracts of right guard Zack Martin, defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, cornerback Trevon Diggs, safety Donovan Wilson and safety Malik Hooker. Restructuring those five deals could net as much as $25 million in room, and that isn't even including the likely release of Michael Gallup and his five-year, $57.5 million deal, which could create another $9.5M in space if categorized as a post-June 1 boot. "

There is things that can be done.. but I totally agree.. Dak will be re-signed to make more room.
Jeruh is planning to play chicken with Dak and his agent, when they are holding all of the cards.

He will most likely cave like he did for Zeke, but he will wait and miss the beginning of free agency and used this as an excuse of why he did not go all in.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Garrett Podell :

The issue is that 25m doesn’t get you much. Fans have this fantasy that we’re going to end up with 50m in cap to bring in top end free agents. It’s just not realistic.

And doing so just kicks the can down the road and those same fans who want massive free agent spending also want a complete rebuild if we don’t make the superbowl next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The hype has already begun for 2024.

Regardless however much Jethro is or believes he’s All In, fans don’t have to buy in.

That said , we should still listen to him cause that’s the path we’ll take including resigning our QB who Jethro believes in.

And remember just cause he believes we’re close doesn’t mean we are. But that’s his sales pitch.
What hype? Jeruh's marketing speech. ESPN fake news tying us to anyone and everyone like they always do?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It was easy for Jeruh to be a high stakes gambler when there was no salary gap. Now he has to sit around and play Keno.
Not just before salary cap, after too. Here's some of those guys to name a few.

-Deion Sanders
-Rocket Ismail
-Joey Galloway
-Laroi Glover
-Roy Williams
-Brandon Carr

Other than the Amari trade, Brandon Carr was probably the last big FA signing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let’s go Cowboys!
Jerry has been All,In many times...

Two 1st round picks for Joey Galloway.

A QB contract for OG Bigg Davis.

Trade up for Claiborne.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This team needs a minimum of 5 new players to compete with the best teams:
1. Excellent run stopping MLB;
2. Excellent run stopping DT;
3. Excellent Center;
4. Starting caliber OT; and
5. Excellent bruiser RB.
3-5 can be addressed in the draft especially with the amount of talent coming out. It seems to coincide with the Cowboys needs. 1-2 can be addressed in free agency, and once again those needs coincide with free agents that will be available. If there's ever been a year for them to actually go for it, it would be this year. Will they? I'm optimistic but history tells me I'll be let down once again.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yeah, until we actually see it - Jerry's All In, and everyone's else's All In.....
We are all jaded as ---- right now.