Jerry gets emotional explaining how he cares more about winning than ratings or attendance

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Only wanting to win if you can play with your ball isn’t ultimately doing everything in your power to win.

Sometimes you have to pass the ball . And can still take credit for that.

But it’s not enough for him. It wasn’t with Jimmy and never will be with anyone.
God this is dumber every time someone says it.

This is true for EVERY OWNER IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Show me all the Super Bowl winning owners who didn't take a picture with the trophy. Good lord.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Unfortunately, he cares more about getting the credit for winning than winning and a coach (who he hired) gets all the credit. He's made that abundantly clear.

It's an amazingly silly view for an otherwise smart man. His ego has held him back from the goal he claims to want the most, and he's not changing.

Shane612

Reaction score
If he cares about winning, he should step away from being the GM.
The fact that he doesn't, tells you he cares more about his ego, than winning.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

This is true for EVERY OWNER IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Show me all the Super Bowl winning owners who didn't take a picture with the trophy. Good lord.

I see we're getting emotional again...are you sure your last name isn't Jones?

If you can't tell the difference between how Dan Rooney (just one example) runs the Steelers and Jerry Jones runs the Cowboys maybe you should slow down on calling other people dumb.

Gets his picture taken...good lord, indeed. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Other owners are not taking the same role as ours. If you don’t recognize the difference then I’d argue your either naive or gullible or blinded by the Star. Surely you could not be that dumb.

Section446

Reaction score
Other owners are not taking the same role as ours.
Mostly true, except in Jacksonville, just read that Khan has made it clear to GM candidates that he will have a say in personnel decisions going forward... not sure if you want to mimic the Jaguars, but he's definitely joined the meddling owners category.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mostly true, except in Jacksonville, just read that Khan has made it clear to GM candidates that he will have a say in personnel decisions going forward... not sure if you want to mimic the Jaguars, but he's definitely joined the meddling owners category.
But he’s not officially taking the GM role. There’s a clear difference . And why the league doesn’t follow Jerry’s model.

I’m not saying other owners aren’t involved . But they are not taking the same role. Only one in Cincinnati.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I will always believe that, but he will continue to get these results by being family to everyone associated with this team.

rags747

Reaction score
Best owner of the Cowboys ever. Has done more for the Cowboy franchise than anyone ever before. Love me some Jerry. So many Karen’s and Nancy’s on this board, freaking amazing.

Section446

Reaction score
But he’s not officially taking the GM role. There’s a clear difference . And why the league doesn’t follow Jerry’s model.

I’m not saying other owners aren’t involved . But they are not taking the same role. Only one in Cincinnati.
I hear you, I think the Jerry model sucks, but he just needs more time for it to work so be patient.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

If you can't tell the difference between how Dan Rooney (just one example) runs the Steelers and Jerry Jones runs the Cowboys maybe you should slow down on calling other people dumb.

There’s actually a lot of fans who sympathize with him.

He runs the team thru the eyes of a fan. And they somehow embrace it.

It’s why we are where we are now 25 years later because of the support he still receives despite the results.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
IMO one of the biggest myths out there is that Jerry doesn't care about winning. He most certainly cares very much about that. Unfortunately, caring about it and having a good strategy to achieve it are not one and the same. He's the common denominator in this team for the past 25 years with no championships. He needs to get out of the way and hire a highly qualified GM and not meddle. He should not be buddies with any of the players. He should not ever be in the locker room. He should not do interviews related to the team's performance. I wish he would figure out that his wanting to win has nothing to do with whether or not that actually happens.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
"I see your lips moving but I can't make out the words, I'm deaf" Billy Madison.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

So he spent the majority of the quote sounding like PT Barnum talking about how he is all about promoting his circus.....oh, and he wants to win also. I call BIG BS on this one as if he truly wanted to win he would bring in a legitimate GM to run the organization.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

I'm not emotional, it's just a dumb argument. What difference? They've had the same GM for a decade.

Lose the quarterback and the team sucks, just like every other team in the league. The culture or whatever doesn't matter.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great, more reminiscing about when he bought the team. It's his standard reply whenever anyone questions his credibility.

78 years, 2 months, 24 days.