Twitter: Jerry gives a clear mandate to Garrett

ShortRound

Reaction score
cant read what you posted, source article? what does it say?

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @nflnetwork gives a clear mandate for coach Jason Garrett keeping his job: "I don’t have to win the Super Bowl in business every year. I can come in 6th & have a hell of a year. But in this case, you’ve got to come in first.”

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
"I want Jason to get it done"

That is pretty damn clear. Watching the disparity between Belichik's staff and Garrett's sealed the deal. JJ is now demanding his ROI. He has stood by Jason and believed in him and shielded him. Now-- it's time for Garrett to deliver. Couldn't be more clear.

Will be interesting to see the posture and attitude of the team on Thurs. Either they come out and absolutely smoke the Bills-- or they come out flat and lose and it'll be clear this team does not have the intestinal fortitude to get the job done and it's time to clean house.

This is 8 years too late-- but nonetheless, it is refreshing to see JJ motivated (finally) to do something to address the elephant in the room.

lkelly

Reaction score
Unfortunately for all you "Fire Garrett guys", Jerry offered him a man date.

jason-garrett-jerry-jones.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Idgit and Dre11 must be getting nervous.

Not sure why you’d say that, but whatever. My opinions on Garrett are well established if you look at what I say rather than how it’s intentionally mischaracterized.

FWIW, Jerry’s a meddling pita most of the time, but in this case, it’s appropriate that he’s doing this. It’s time to light a fire. This team ought to have a legit shot this year, and we’re not playing like it.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Maybe the players will be motivated to help save their coach... in the bright side , after Garrett is gone there will be no excuses for the players.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Totally but kind of not really related, a booster acquaintance of mine at Utah says the Meyer connection is real. Urban is itching to get back into coaching but would take Dallas over USC every day of the week.

links18

Reaction score
Who made Kellen Moore offensive coordinator? Anyone really think that was Garrett's decision?