Twitter: Jerry gives a clear mandate to Garrett

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The funniest/saddest thing about this thread is some people seem to think a new head coach will improve the results.
Any coach he hires that has passed "Football 101: Basic Football for Beginners" would improve the results.

Garrett has no football acumen. None. The Cowboys make mistakes I don't expect high school football players to make.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even Jerry is getting itchy trigger finger at this point. That's obvious. You can't try to sell this as a SB caliber team in August and then rationalize and make excuses for what we have seen from this team who is barely holding onto a division lead against a worse Eagles team.

Idgit and Dre11 must be getting nervous.

And DieHard. LOL

Pants

Reaction score
clear mandate? mud-like clear - apparently, his businesses JUST started finishing 6th? or did he just come up with this one this year? just shut up and fire your re-headed step-son

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I truly believe if they do not win today Garrett will be fired. Jerry will need to calm the fans, they have 10 days to prep for the next game, he will get a free look at Richard as a coach, and the team will be on the verge of getting knocked out of the playoffs. I will also add Garrett’s smugness and that NYG garbage has to be rubbing the Cowboys raw.

It will happen.

Happy Thanksgiving!

CB61

Reaction score
I truly believe if they do not win today Garrett will be fired. Jerry will need to calm the fans, they have 10 days to prep for the next game, he will get a free look at Richard as a coach, and the team will be on the verge of getting knocked out of the playoffs. I will also add Garrett’s smugness and that NYG garbage has to be rubbing the Cowboys raw.

It will happen.

Happy Thanksgiving!
That's what I said earlier you have nothing to lose at this point by firing Garrett if we lose today none whatsoever there can only be an upside

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Cowboys only need to win 3 of their last 5 to win the division -- as long as one of the wins is at Philly.

That gets you to the playoffs, where you basically get a clean slate.

Plankton

Reaction score
There would literally be zero benefit to firing Jason Garrett prior to the end of the season. Zero. There isn't a coach on this staff that would be able to slide into the head coach's chair and be competent. I don't think there's a chance in hell that Garrett is removed from his position prior to the end of the season.

If there's a change, and with Jones, I wouldn't say that anything is written in stone, it will take place after the season.

And, as @Jake accurately noted, Jerry Jones will be the person hiring the next coach. And imposing the same organizational structure and responsibilities as currently exist, not limited to, but including:
  • Jerry Jones will remain the face and primary voice of the operation.
  • Jerry Jones will still be the decision maker on personnel.
  • Jerry Jones will still have decision making capability on the composition of the coaching staff.
  • Jerry Jones and his spawn will still have their weekly radio shows, where they create additional distractions for the team with their bluster.
  • Jerry Jones will still have an open door policy with the players, effectively allowing them to go over the coach's head to address an issue.
  • Jerry Jones will still have sponsors crawling all over the practice facility and locker room, creating additional chaos and distractions that the head coach will be challenged with managing.
Does anyone think that with these conditions in place that the Cowboys will pursue and land the truly best person from a coaching standpoint (media savvy, organizational discipline, schematic/planning advantages)?

Garrett is a symptom. The Jones hierarchy is the disease.

Plankton

Reaction score

It will happen.

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Cowboys play next Thursday against the Bears.

Xeven

Reaction score
Garret needs to design every play with getting to the endzone in mind. The time for conservative cookie cutter chicken play calling is over. Attack the end zone or good bye. No more first quarter field goals either. 4th and three past the 50? Go for it. Gets some nads and let it all hang out.