Twitter: Jerry gives a clear mandate to Garrett

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo blasts the coaching staff tomorrow like Aikman did on Sunday, that's probably it for Garrett.

Curtain call, Carrot.
I hope Tony does speak 100% truth to power tomorrow, but my guess is he won’t. He still wants his spot in the ROH and calling Jerry out would not advance that cause. Jimmy Johnson is looooooong overdue on being placed in the ROH, but If you cross Jerral Wayne, he holds grudges. Aikman has nothing to lose- he’s in the ROH and HOF so JJ has nothing to hold over him.

Fire407

Reaction score
I hope Tony does speak 100% truth to power tomorrow, but my guess is he won’t. He still wants his spot in the ROH and calling Jerry out would not advance that cause. Jimmy Johnson is looooooong overdue on being placed in the ROH, but If you cross Jerral Wayne, he holds grudges. Aikman has nothing to lose- he’s in the ROH and HOF so JJ has nothing to hold over him.
I don't know. Jerry referred to Aikman as a Monday morning quarterback so he might decide that he wasn't good enough to be in the ROH and have him removed. Jimmy not being in is a joke.

willia451

Reaction score

MmTD9jk.jpg

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Even Jerry is getting itchy trigger finger at this point. That's obvious. You can't try to sell this as a SB caliber team in August and then rationalize and make excuses for what we have seen from this team who is barely holding onto a division lead against a worse Eagles team.

Idgit and Dre11 must be getting nervous.

Someone might want to check in on them.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Niners are living proof that this league, and our HC and Owner are the hottest of streaming, maggot laced garbage.

Niners: Straight trash. 4 or 5 years in a row. Top 5 picks everywhere. Still suck.

Boom #1 seed after Shanahan and a legit support team of quality NFL coaches build them up.

It can happen that quickly, just not in Dallas where the atmosphere is way too sterile and comfortable.

The owner insists on being a true football man and installs a milk toast, boring, generic pediatrician/guidance counselor/ sensitivity training expert and waits 10 years for the dude to get something done worth talking about.

All the while piling on the complacency and entitlement to the roster he is supposed to be responsible for- never challenging outwardly the bias against his team's success that is evident by the ridiculous obstacles the team faces each and every Sunday.

Screw the both of em, but only one can be removed. I'll start there should we drop to 6-6 with this roster.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't think that was a possibility, but its becoming a whole lot more likely. Jerry isn't willing to piss away another season and he feels the FO has assembled a good enough team to make waves. To my suprise hes become increasingly vocal about his dissatisfaction with our coaches. Id have to agree, hes looking to salvage the season.
I think Jerry will come to the realization that if we lose red has lost the team and there is no since staying with the status quo.
He give it to Rod interm

CWR

Reaction score
I think Jerry will come to the realization that if we lose red has lost the team and there is no since staying with the status quo.
He give it to Rod interm

Im good with that until you say Rod as interm. Honestly wonder if Rod even wants it. Richard maybe..

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Even Jerry is getting itchy trigger finger at this point. That's obvious. You can't try to sell this as a SB caliber team in August and then rationalize and make excuses for what we have seen from this team who is barely holding onto a division lead against a worse Eagles team.

Idgit and Dre11 must be getting nervous.

10 years late, but better now than never....

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Nope.

Winning doesn't get Garrett an extension and losing doesn't get him fired. No matter how many times people pretend this is the one where Jerry fires him after a loss it is just not going to happen. When it happens it'll be in the offseason as his contract expires and then jerry hires a new puppet.

Agreed, with one caveat, there is a possibility that Jerry is very upset about that Giants story.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
I don't know. Jerry referred to Aikman as a Monday morning quarterback so he might decide that he wasn't good enough to be in the ROH and have him removed. Jimmy not being in is a joke.

Wasn't that Stephen earlier in the year?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed, with one caveat, there is a possibility that Jerry is very upset about that Giants story.

Na. There is nothing that will happen on game day that Jerry isn't already ok with barring players turning on Garrett. Jerry doesn't need cause to fire someone, he can do so at will.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
Na. There is nothing that will happen on game day that Jerry isn't already ok with barring players turning on Garrett. Jerry doesn't need cause to fire someone, he can do so at will.

Maybe, but him going scorched earth here does seem a little strange.

If he's mad about that story he can use 'the players have quit on him' if they lose tomorrow, because honestly it makes the most sense to just ride out the season with Garrett come what may.

Seems so coincidental that he loses it the week that story is released.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe, but him going scorched earth here does seem a little strange.

If he's mad about that story he can use 'the players have quit on him' if they lose tomorrow, because honestly it makes the most sense to just ride out the season with Garrett come what may.

Seems so coincidental that he loses it the week that story is released.

People see what they want to see. He never gave a clear mandate to Garrett like the OP says. Sure Jerry is mad, he should be. We looked way better on paper than on the field. But no where did he say or even suggest he will fire Garrett with another loss in fact he said he wants to win with Garrett today.