Jerry going after a free agent?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1736827 said:
LOL, I'm glad that someone has sense.......What is this fascination with Turner? Why give up a 1st round pick for a 1 year wonder??

One year wonder? Which year are you talking about? The one where he averaged 5.2 yards per carry, the one where he averaged 5.9 yards per carry, the one where he averaged 6.3 yards per carry or this year where he's averaging 6.1 yards per carry?

JJ is a goner after this year, and MB3 is a RFA after this year. Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. Someone very well might sign him to an offer sheet giving him franchise RB money with some poison pills. He's definitely going to demand franchise RB money after next year as a UFA. Either way, our longterm future at RB is completely up in the air this offseason.

Reaction score
superpunk;1736823 said:
I'm sure Turner would just jump at the chance to come here and back up/split time with Barber.

I'm sure Jerry's thinking WR. He didn't just invest the house in Romo to give him nothing to work with.

Bingo! I believe a guy like Chad Johnson and or Larry Fitzgerald could be targets..

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1737203 said:
One year wonder? Which year are you talking about? The one where he averaged 5.2 yards per carry, the one where he averaged 5.9 yards per carry, the one where he averaged 6.3 yards per carry or this year where he's averaging 6.1 yards per carry?

JJ is a goner after this year, and MB3 is a RFA after this year. Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. Someone veru well might sign him to an offer sheet giving him franchise RB money with some poison pills. Either way, he's going to demand franchise RB money after next year.

Troy Hambrick averaged 4.7 and 5.1 ypc in 2000 and 2001, so what's your point??? Of course his stats will look good if he's coming in sparingly and not playing a full game.......You could've kept those statistics because they are misleading......If one player is carrying the load the majority of the game, his risks of his ypc going down is a higher possibility........wouldn't you think???

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1737212 said:
Troy Hambrick averaged 4.7 and 5.1 ypc in 2000 and 2001, so what's your point??? Of course his stats will look good if he's coming in sparingly and not playing a full game.......You could've kept those statistics because they are misleading......If one player is carrying the load the majority of the game, his risks of his ypc going down is a higher possibility........wouldn't you think???

All I can tell you is if you don't think Michael Turner doesn't have obvious talent, you haven't watched him play. He's 235+ lbs with great vision and breakaway speed. The first guy never brings him down. He breaks twice as many 20+ yard runs than our current starting "homerun" back with half the carries. If he played for any other team, he would be a Pro Bowl caliber RB. Unfortunately for him, he just happens to share a roster with the best runningback of his era. It's not like he's splitting carries with DeShaun Foster. If the Cowboys go after him, that means he must have made a good impression on Wade at San Diego.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1737221 said:
If the Cowboys go after him, that means he must have made a good impression on Wade at San Diego.
And IMO there was too much smoke about Wade liking him before this season for there not to be at least a little fire there.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Isn't Roy Williams(Lions) a free agent this year and if he is am sorry I really love the guy but terry glenn is getting old.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1737221 said:
All I can tell you is if you don't think Michael Turner doesn't have obvious talent, you haven't watched him play. He's 235 lbs with great vision and breakaway speed. He breaks twice as many 20+ yard runs than our current "homerun" back with a fraction of the carries. If he played for any other team, he would be a Pro Bowl caliber RB. Unfortunately for him, he just happens to sit behind the best back of his era. If the Cowboys go after him, that means he must have made a good impression on Wade at San Diego.

There were many that thought Hambrick had talent also....He was the next Christian Okoye or Barry Word.....however he just ended up being the next Ham-Bust.........I've seen Turner in action, but why should we give up a 1st round pick for him? He hasn't proven that he can handle that many carries per game, thus leading me to say he's unproven and a 1 year wonder.....He's splitting carries now, and if he's in Dallas he will split carries...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1737233 said:
There were many that thought Hambrick had talent also....He was the next Christian Okoye or Barry Word.....however he just ended up being the next Ham-Bust.........I've seen Turner in action, but why should we give up a 1st round pick for him? He hasn't proven that he can handle that many carries per game, thus leading me to say he's unproven and a 1 year wonder.....He's splitting carries now, and if he's in Dallas he will split carries...

Who said anything about giving up a 1st round pick for him? He's a UFA this offseson.

And I don't think Hambrick ran a 4.4.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Randy Moss is going to be a free agent. The speed receiver to complement TO and replace Glenn.

Now that's a Jerry free agent splash! Just like signing Deion years ago.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
iceberg;1736819 said:
although i get grief for it, i'm in the "sign turner" camp. if we go after a WR i'd like to see us be "serious" about it and not just slap the idea around. for WR fitzgerald or r. williams would be perfect and i'd give up a #1 w/o problem for it.

so, our #1 or even clevelands #1 for fitz. sign turner. our #1 for a CB if that's the best we have around at the time and let's keep the party train moving!

I don't know if Jerry could meet that payroll.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1737235 said:
Who said anything about giving up a 1st round pick for him? He's a UFA this offseson.

Ok RFA, how much do you think it will require to sign him?? 40 times are overrated. The players are running a straight line and.....those are being ran without a uniform on, so if you throw in the weight factor, defenders, etc.....4.4 = blah, blah

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Signing Randy Moss would also weaken the Patriots.

Very good call.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
BAT;1737309 said:
Signing Randy Moss would also weaken the Patriots.

Very good call.

Moss would probably flip Jerry off or moon him....about 9 years too late for that one IMO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1737235 said:

Hambrick ran a 4.4 one year in camp ;) he had speed, just he had no vision and tripped up all the time

BHendri5

Reaction score
From what I've heard or read, a few weeks back and I believe it was one of those guys that suppose to be insiders, guys like clayton, king, landry someone on the radio, or on the internet, anyway they said that this is Fitzgerald's last season in Arizona he will be an UFA after this season, and he does not want to return to Arizona, because he does not like Whisenhunts offense.

If this is true I believe we will sign Fitz and trade for Chad Johnson in the offseason.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
I think Jerry thinks we are one or two players away and he is going to make a Deion type signing splash...maybe with two players..samuel and turner...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
STSINAZ;1737457 said:
I think Jerry thinks we are one or two players away and he is going to make a Deion type signing splash...maybe with two players..samuel and turner...
Well, it beats what you thought this morning.

montgod

Reaction score
dalboy;1737229 said:
Isn't Roy Williams(Lions) a free agent this year and if he is am sorry I really love the guy but terry glenn is getting old.

I hate to say it, but what would be the cap hit if Glenn was cut after this year? I just don't see him ever being the same after this injury unfortunately.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm betting the Bengals move Chad Johnson after the season. I know we don't want the headache that Chad Johnson brings but boy would we love what he can do to a defense.

Plus, I get a feeling that this is Terry Glenn's last year in Dallas. Jerry has never been shy about cutting a guy who doesn't warrant his cap hit (Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Larry Allen and Aaron Glenn were still serviceable when we let them go)

I'd also take a chance on Mike Williams who the Raiders just let go. Low risk, sign him to a performance -based contract (see TO and Tank Johnson) and if he is the least bit disruptive, cut him. If he works out Romo gets another big target over the middle.