Jerry going after a free agent?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BHendri5;1737352 said:
From what I've heard or read, a few weeks back and I believe it was one of those guys that suppose to be insiders, guys like clayton, king, landry someone on the radio, or on the internet, anyway they said that this is Fitzgerald's last season in Arizona he will be an UFA after this season, and he does not want to return to Arizona, because he does not like Whisenhunts offense.

If this is true I believe we will sign Fitz and trade for Chad Johnson in the offseason.

Fitz, Chad Johnson, and TO???

Damn, I dont think there is enough footballs on the planet to keep those 3 guys happy if they were all on the same freaking team!!!:eek:

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;1737541 said:
I'm betting the Bengals move Chad Johnson after the season. I know we don't want the headache that Chad Johnson brings but boy would we love what he can do to a defense.

Plus, I get a feeling that this is Terry Glenn's last year in Dallas. Jerry has never been shy about cutting a guy who doesn't warrant his cap hit (Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Larry Allen and Aaron Glenn were still serviceable when we let them go)

I'd also take a chance on Mike Williams who the Raiders just let go. Low risk, sign him to a performance -based contract (see TO and Tank Johnson) and if he is the least bit disruptive, cut him. If he works out Romo gets another big target over the middle.

Why?? he's no Keyshawn...........he's slow and has a poor work ethic, not to mention he's inconsistent with his catching........

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;1737508 said:
Well, it beats what you thought this morning.

STS had two thoughts, in a single day??

Yeah, RIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTTTTTT...

Two thoughts would double his monthly quota...

playmakers

Reaction score
Why is everyone so sure Turner will be so good? He has yet to prove he can be an every down back and take the pounding of a full season. Ill just say it Im not that all impressed with the guy. Hes what 5 8 235 pounds? Is he Natrone Means? Not many guys with his build has been successful in the NFL as the man. Maybe Im wrong but we will see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;1737566 said:
STS had two thoughts, in a single day??

Yeah, RIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTTTTTT...

Two thoughts would double his monthly quota...
This morning's hardly counts. It was one of the worst thoughts ever put on a forum and he was so sure of himself.

2 minutes...

JerryFan

Reaction score
nyc;1736832 said:
Unrestricted. He was franchised this season. I think New England agreed not to franchise him after this season. (or was that Lance Briggs and the Bears)

Sounds like the Bears and Briggs are going to work out a long term deal. Just commenting on the info I hear around here in IL.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;1736929 said:
You make the guy sound greedy. He earned a pay raise and deserved job security after the way the Patriots have treated guys in the past. It's not worse than what Larry Johnson did.
Money is one thing, but being a team player is another. He wasn't going to play until he decided that losing the ($9M) was such a big deal.

TheCount;1736929 said:
I say bring in Berrian too, he can play in the slot.
Berriman for the slot? Who is going to be the Cowboys #1 and #2 in the future? Berriman is going to get pretty good money in free agency. You don't pay that kind of money for a slot receiver. Look what happen when the Commanders paid Brandon Lloyd $30ish million to be a slot guy. Berriman is abit better than Lloyd, and will be paid like a starting wideout.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
nyc;1737883 said:
Money is one thing, but being a team player is another. He wasn't going to play until he decided that losing the ($9M) was such a big deal.

If I remember correctly, he came back and was there for game one, so he didn't leave his guys out there to die. You telling me you wouldn't think losing 9 mil was a big deal? The pats have money, they should have paid him and probably will end up doing so at the end of the season anyway. If he goes back out there and destroys his knee instead of trying to get his money right, you think Bellichick will shed a tear for him?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;1737902 said:
If I remember correctly, he came back and was there for game one, so he didn't leave his guys out there to die. You telling me you wouldn't think losing 9 mil was a big deal? The pats have money, they should have paid him and probably will end up doing so at the end of the season anyway. If he goes back out there and destroys his knee instead of trying to get his money right, you think Bellichick will shed a tear for him?

My only point is chemistry is important on a team, well unless you're just 100 times better than everyone else. Look at the effect some players have on their team. It's known that many of McNabbs teammates do not like him because they feel he is being treated differently because of how he is and what he (at one time) meant to the Eagles. DeAngelo Hall isn't exactly working wonders with Atlanta either.