Jerry Hands You The Keys To Cowboys Until After The Draft

kskboys

Reaction score
What helps Tyron Smith is his cap hit. Its low have you seen the prices of guys close to his caliber?

S. Gilmore is currently trying being offered for a 2nd. No one is bitting. A 3rd and future 4th would work
Dang, salary dump by NE.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Cut Cooper -- draft best wideout available (great top heavy wideouts in this draft)
or
Cut Collins -- draft best Oline available
or
Cut Tank --- draft Rousseau
or
Sign Dak to his Tender for 1 year ---- draft Fields
or
Cut J. Smith --- draft Parsons

-----------
Pretty sure we have to cut one of these guys to make room for Dak's contract so I'd assume
we will have a pressing need very soon.

timb2

Reaction score
I cut the dead weight off the team . Tyrone Crawford, Cameron Erving,Noah Brown,etc.. If they are free agents,let them walk.

I talk to the Jets at #2 who are interested in Deshaun Watson but Texans want 3 1st rounders. I say we give Dak for 2 1st rounders 2nd & 23rd and. Darnold. Then I propose to give them Ezekiel Elliott & DeMarcus Lawrence for 2021 2nd round pick & 3rd round

So now I have 2,10,23 in the 1st round ,picks 34 & 44 in the 2nd round.and 3 picks in the 3rd round. 2 in the 4th,5th,2 in 6th,7th

I'm wheeling dealing throughout the draft trading down for all the draft picks I can get.

I have freed up cap space for new players on rookie contracts.

I hope to get atleast 20 to 25 fresh players on this roster .
I will show the players in PFN MOCK SIMULATOR I selected. I got 20

JabrilCox
Tyson Campbell
Jordan Smith
Bobby Brown
Walker Little
James Wiggins
Tre McKitty
Marvin Wilson
Janarius Robinson
TamorrianTerry
Ben Mason
Rodarius William's
Pooka William's
Paris Ford
Tedarrell Slayton
Anthony Hines
Cole Van Laan
Nate Hobbs
Milo Eifler
Warren Jackson

I trade Michael Gallup & Connor William's somewhere in the AFC for draft picks

QB
Sam Darnold
Garrett Gilbert

FB
Ben Mason

RB
Tony Pollard
Rico Dowdle
Pooka Williams

WR
Amari Cooper
CeeDee Lamb
Tamorrion Terry
JonVea Johnson
Warren Jackson

TE
Dalton Schultz
Blake Jarwin
Tre McKitty

LT
Walker Little
Cole Van Laan

LG
Connor McGovern
Brandon Knight

C
Joe Looney
Tyler Biadiaz

RG
Zack Martin
Samuel Cooper

RT
Lael Collins
Terrance Steele

RDE
Randy Gregory
Azur Kamara

RDT
Bobby Brown
Marvin Wilson
Trysten Hill

LDT
Neville Gallimore
Tedarrell Slayton

LDE
Jordan Smith
Janarius Robinson

WLB
Jaylen Smith
Antonio Hines

MLB
Leighton Vander Esch
Milo Eifler
Luke Gifford

SLB
Jabril Cox
Francis Bernard

RCB
Trevon Diggs
Rashad Robinson

LCB
Tyson Campbell
Nate Hobbs

NICKEL
Anthony Brown
Rodarius Williams

FS
James Wiggins
Reggie Robinson

SS
Donavan Wilson
Paris Ford

P
Hunter Niswander

K
Greg Zeurlein

LS
LP LaDoucer

timb2

Reaction score
UDFAs to Practice Squad

Issiah McCoy WR Kent State
Calvin Lashley OT Florida A& M
Rion Smith OT Fayetteville State
JVon Brown OG Central Connecticuit State
Issiah Chambers DE McNeese State
Carson Taylor OLB Northern Arizona
Troy Anderson OLB Montana State
Wesley Kennedy RB Georgia Southern
Mac McCain CB North Carolina A& T
Sam Webb S Missouri Western
Antonio Washington DT Southern Arkansas

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
What 5 reasonable roster/draft moves you making that make the team better .. By reasonable I mean we’re not trading for Mahomes..
1. Sign Dak
2. Sign best FA DT available
3. Sign most affordable/best DB available
4. draft LB from Penn State (Smith last year w/ Cowboys)
5. draft DB if LB is gone

J-man

Reaction score
Sign Prescott
sign Looney
sign Awuzie
sign Lewis
sign Rankins

Creeper

Reaction score
The first move has to be resolve the Dak contract. Being specific, I would offer Dak a 6 year deal at $36 million a year and wait for his response. If he is willing to negotiate the term or money, I negotiate with him but I would not give him more than $36 million at year. If he is willing to sign for 6 years, I may be willing to up the average salary a little but under no circumstances will I go over $40 million. If he is unwilling to compromise, I franchise him and try to trade him to a team willing to give him what he wants. But, I will not go into the 2021 season with uncertainty surrounding Dak. In otherwords, I would not keep him on the franchise tag again in 2021.

Next move is to restructure a few deals to free up some cap room. My deal with Dak is going to make some space in 2021 but I want to add to that. I would dangle Amari Cooper out there as trade bait to see what I could get for him. If I can get the right deal for him it frees up a lot of room for defensive free agents. This is unpopular but the trade payoff and the CAP space should ease everyone's concerns.

In free agency, I go hard at the defensive tackles. I like Tomlinson and Rankins. Signing one of them would be my preference. I would also sign Chido Awuzie if he is willing to take a reasonable deal. I am thinking $5 million to $6 million a year is reasonable. Anthony Brown got that last year. If I trade Dak, I'd look for a FA QB but something tells me the best move is the draft.

The draft: If I could not sign Dak, I would look to draft a long term answer at QB. I am not sure yet where the QBs fall in the rankings and I am sure there will be some movement as we get closer to draft week. But QB would be a priority. I would also look for a player like Ryan Fitzpatrick to play until my young QB is ready. Fitz is already practiced at this role.

For the rest of the draft I am focused on defense. CB, S, LB and DT as well as OL and RB for the offense. Best players at these positions in each round. If I traded Dak and Cooper, obviously the extra picks will help restock the WR position.

It is impossible to predict each move because it all revolves around Dak. If he is re-signed then there will be less room for free agents. In that case I focus on DT only. If I get an extra first round pick in 2021 for Dak, I may have to use it to move up for a QB in the first. That changes the draft.

If the Cowboys come out of this offseason without the QB, CB, S and DT positions resolved or upgraded, the offseason will be a failure.