Jerry Has Been Our Head Coach for 25+ Years

ArtClink

Reaction score
Source: FW Star Telegram Article "Why does Stephen A. Smith say the Dallas Cowboys should’ve hired Bill Belichick as coach?"
URL: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article285700386.html

Super Bowl winning TE Shannon Sharpe just said what myself and a few others have been saying for over 25 year: Jerry IS our head coach and the Dallas "hc" has little to no power.

“The coaches can’t coach because Jerry is the coach. Whatever Mike McCarthy says, whatever the D-Coordinator says, [players know] they can go upstairs to Jerry and override because he’s emasculated the head coach the coach is a coach in theory in title only,” said Sharpe.

It's nice to see someone in the sports media finally speak the truth about why we can't advance deep into the playoffs. Having a figurehead hc with no power is crippling when it comes time to make a deep playoff run against great teams. But the important thing to Jerry is that he is comfortable with the "head coach", winning be damned.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn't matter when all you have to do is tell yourself about the Superbowl rings you won almost 30 years ago, as if that can help you in the present!!!!

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry’s 36-15 then in his last 51…not shabby
It sounds like you've lowered the bar for this team. I have never lowered the bar and after 28 years without a conf championship game appearance, nothing short of this is acceptable. Three decades w/o a conf championship appearance is very difficult to pull off in the salary cap era but our owner has done it. If you love reg season results only, then that's a very low bar for success.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It sounds like you've lowered the bar for this team. I have never lowered the bar and after 28 years without a conf championship game appearance, nothing short of this is acceptable. Three decades w/o a conf championship appearance is very difficult to pull off in the salary cap era but our owner has done it. If you love reg season results only, then that's a very low bar for success.
very low bar!!!!! damn all the stats, how many stats and wins can you put up in the playoffs!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and a total failure in big games, including the post-season, during that marvellous run of success. That is not too shabby in your world as a Cowboys fan. And he is on the verge of handcuffing this team to his QB for another 5 years...not too shabby say you?
Sure but what most fans still aren recognizing is this is success for our owner.

12 win playoff teams keeps him in the game, front and center.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Lowered the bar? You criticize Jerry Jones yet you hold the same arrogant belief that the Cowboys should be contenders every season. This arrogance has prevented the Cowboys from doing what other teams have had to do in order to rebuild. That is, suck for a couple of seasons, flush out a salary cap mess and then enjoy having some high draft picks, and getting a shot at drafting a franchise QB that you don't have to pay serious money to for a few seasons.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Lowered the bar? You criticize Jerry Jones yet you hold the same arrogant belief that the Cowboys should be contenders every season. This arrogance has prevented the Cowboys from doing what other teams have had to do in order to rebuild. That is, suck for a couple of seasons, flush out a salary cap mess and then enjoy having some high draft picks, and getting a shot at drafting a franchise QB that you don't have to pay serious money to for a few seasons.
I contend that any NFL front office should be held accountable for playoff results. That's normal fan expectations. And Since only Dallas and Washington remain as the only hapless NFC teams that have failed to reach the NFC Championship game in the past 28 years, then that's historically bad and unacceptable from a fan's point of view. Winning in the playoffs is all I care about. Pls review your Cowboys history to see when we used to be the gold standard of NFL franchises. We are a joke and have been for almost three decades. I'm glad you're happy with the worst 28 stretch in franchise history but hey, we're all fans just some have higher standards.