Jerry Has Been Our Head Coach for 25+ Years

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I contend that any NFL front office should be held accountable for playoff results. That's normal fan expectations. And Since only Dallas and Washington remain as the only hapless NFC teams that have failed to reach the NFC Championship game in the past 28 years, then that's historically bad and unacceptable from a fan's point of view. Winning in the playoffs is all I care about. Pls review your Cowboys history to see when we used to be the gold standard of NFL franchises. We are a joke and have been for almost three decades. I'm glad you're happy with the worst 28 stretch in franchise history but hey, we're all fans just some have higher standards.
:hammer:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Ever hear of the saying...The buck stops here...? Harry Truman.

If you say 'The buck stops here' or 'The buck stops with me', you mean that you have to take responsibility for something and will not try to pass the responsibility on to someone else.

Jerry hired the GM (Himself), all of the coaches and other staff then selected all of the players. He also sets the tone for the environment. Of course it is all on him.
At what point do players have to take some accountability for missing tackles, playing tight and being out of position and having the worst games of their season at the wrong time?

The Green Bay loss was not on him. You guys will make everything about Jerry because he owns real estate in your heads. There’s a ton of legit criticism on Jerry and ultimately he is responsible but the Green Bay loss is not on him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At what point do players have to take some accountability for missing tackles, playing tight and being out of position and having the worst games of their season at the wrong time?

The Green Bay loss was not on him. You guys will make everything about Jerry because he owns real estate in your heads. There’s a ton of legit criticism on Jerry and ultimately he is responsible but the Green Bay loss is not on him.
Well if ultimately he is responsible as you mentioned, then it is on him.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Well if ultimately he is responsible as you mentioned, then it is on him.
He falls on the sword sure, as he should but this team didn’t lose for lack of talent and he assembled the talent

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He falls on the sword sure, as he should but this team didn’t lose for lack of talent and he assembled the talent
But isn't the talent also the coaches? Also some players talent doesn't come through when the pressure is on, since Jerry picked everyone he obviously did not choose wisely.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
But isn't the talent also the coaches? Also some players talent doesn't come through when the pressure is on, since Jerry picked everyone he obviously did not choose wisely.
Right but your argument is essentially because players haven’t come through in pressure moments it means they never will…which we know in sports isn’t true- once upon a time Payton manning was a “choker”. Lebron was a choker. The lions were a joke, the bengals were the “bungles”. It also cherry picks what’s a big game and what isn’t. Of course a huge divisional game against the eagles isn’t the same as a playoff game but it’s important- no pressure there?

No pressure against Tampa bay in the playoffs? Or against the Seahawks a few years back? Those were playoff games that we won or we went home- no pressure involved there? You can’t pick and choose what’s pressure and what isn’t based on a narrative. There’s no doubt the team underachieved this year….Green Bay was a disaster. Pathetic. Daks playoff record isn’t good and maybe in the end ultimately it never gets better or he doesn’t get us to the promise land but just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it can’t.

The team as a core is very young. A lot of talent but young, maybe they need to learn how to win. I’m not saying that in the end maybe you won’t be right but I’m allowing myself the opportunity to acknowledge that the possibility exists…which many here just don’t which also imo is very short minded.

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer: :popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Right but your argument is essentially because players haven’t come through in pressure moments it means they never will…which we know in sports isn’t true- once upon a time Payton manning was a “choker”. Lebron was a choker. The lions were a joke, the bengals were the “bungles”. It also cherry picks what’s a big game and what isn’t. Of course a huge divisional game against the eagles isn’t the same as a playoff game but it’s important- no pressure there?

No pressure against Tampa bay in the playoffs? Or against the Seahawks a few years back? Those were playoff games that we won or we went home- no pressure involved there? You can’t pick and choose what’s pressure and what isn’t based on a narrative. There’s no doubt the team underachieved this year….Green Bay was a disaster. Pathetic. Daks playoff record isn’t good and maybe in the end ultimately it never gets better or he doesn’t get us to the promise land but just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it can’t.

The team as a core is very young. A lot of talent but young, maybe they need to learn how to win. I’m not saying that in the end maybe you won’t be right but I’m allowing myself the opportunity to acknowledge that the possibility exists…which many here just don’t which also imo is very short minded.
:hammer::popcorn::thumbup:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Actually I hope you are right and I'm wrong my CT brother. I bet $100 every year (This year at Mohegan) for our boys to win the SB, maybe good cash in the 90's, especially out 1st SB, not so much in the last 28 years...lol

Ever since I read "Boys will be boys" my disdain for Jerry and the environment he has setup, basically coaches, trainers, fining players and the like are constantly over ridden by him which doesn't make players accountable and they also have no respect or fear of the coaching staff. I always say it started with Deion and Mike Woicik, a legendary strength and conditioning coach. Deion not getting into the defensive huddle..etc.

Because Jerry built this workplace environment, I tend to blame him for everything. Who got fired or cut after our meltdown? Was the rumors of the partying before the game true? Any repercussions if it was true?

So technically you are right, he didn't play in the game, but I still blame him 100%

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Actually I hope you are right and I'm wrong my CT brother. I bet $100 every year (This year at Mohegan) for our boys to win the SB, maybe good cash in the 90's, especially out 1st SB, not so much in the last 28 years...lol

Ever since I read "Boys will be boys" my disdain for Jerry and the environment he has setup, basically coaches, trainers, fining players and the like are constantly over ridden by him which doesn't make players accountable and they also have no respect or fear of the coaching staff. I always say it started with Deion and Mike Woicik, a legendary strength and conditioning coach. Deion not getting into the defensive huddle..etc.

Because Jerry built this workplace environment, I tend to blame him for everything. Who got fired or cut after our meltdown? Was the rumors of the partying before the game true? Any repercussions if it was true?

So technically you are right, he didn't play in the game, but I still blame him 100%
Well if it makes you feel better I’ve lost my fair share at Mohegan over the years as well lol

ArtClink

Reaction score

So Jerry is the only constant in the past 28 seasons and you're giving him a pass while blaming the players. Spock would take issue with your "logic" sir.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The past is still with us. That's the problem. The way the Cowboys are set up is the reason why this team keeps failing. Players come and go. Coaches come and go. Nothing ever changes and it won't until Jerry's gone. And then hope his son isn't as bad as he is. People can live in denial all they want but facts are the facts. He's the common denominator.
This.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
So Jerry is the only constant in the past 28 seasons and you're giving him a pass while blaming the players. Spock would take issue with your "logic" sir.
A Spock reference…what’s next telling about me about a new 8-track you listened to? Oof. Never said I give Jerry a pass in general, I don’t blame him for last year however.

The problem with you and many other posters is everything is so extreme- if you say dak isn’t top 5 but a top 10 quarterback you’re a “hater”, if you say that McCarthy is a pretty good coach you’re a “fan boy”. When things actually have more nuance than that. I can be disappointed as hell at how last year ended and still realize that the team overall has potential and talent to achieve what we want.

You and others just cry like little babies about how “it’ll never happen” I have acid indigestion “must be something Jerry ate”

GMO415

Reaction score
Source: FW Star Telegram Article "Why does Stephen A. Smith say the Dallas Cowboys should’ve hired Bill Belichick as coach?"
URL: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article285700386.html

Super Bowl winning TE Shannon Sharpe just said what myself and a few others have been saying for over 25 year: Jerry IS our head coach and the Dallas "hc" has little to no power.

“The coaches can’t coach because Jerry is the coach. Whatever Mike McCarthy says, whatever the D-Coordinator says, [players know] they can go upstairs to Jerry and override because he’s emasculated the head coach the coach is a coach in theory in title only,” said Sharpe.

It's nice to see someone in the sports media finally speak the truth about why we can't advance deep into the playoffs. Having a figurehead hc with no power is crippling when it comes time to make a deep playoff run against great teams. But the important thing to Jerry is that he is comfortable with the "head coach", winning be damned.
Some people need a "late pass". Class was over decades ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does Jimmy have a comment about:

Judge rules Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones must take paternity test​

DALLAS — A judge has ruled Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones must take a paternity test to determine if he is the biological father of a 27-year-old woman who filed suit against him in 2022.

The woman, in a lawsuit, claims Jones and her mother had a relationship during the mid-1990s.

CBS News Texas reached out to Alexandra Davis' attorney, who confirmed the ruling. ... beyond been there done that road.