Jerry Has Been Our Head Coach for 25+ Years

ArtClink

Reaction score
I have my good days and bad days. The body sure dislikes getting older that's for sure.
Now we have some common ground! Pain is part of getting older for sure. I wish you well my friend.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, only one team can win the Super Bowl and only four teams can mk the conf championship game. But it's not too much to ask from ownership to get us to a conf championship game once in a while, not once every three decades and there's no confidence we can mk the conf championship game as long a Jones family member is making the final football decisions (see past 28 seasons). The bar is the Super Bowl but when its been 28 years and counting, the bar becomes just mk the conf championship game. Us long suffering fans think that's a very reasonable expectation, esp in the salary cap era.

You continue to strongly indicate you are content with just winning the east and perhaps a wild card game 4 times in 28 seasons. Godspeed.
No one is happy just making the playoffs. That’s just something you whiners have come up to make yourself feel better about yourselves constantly crapping on everything Cowboys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
that star telegram site, ugh ! couldnt even play vid or read after i turned off ad blocker, all it wanted to do was sell me crap!

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It's true. The players attitude always takes on his. They talk about making money instead of focusing on winning 100%
Some of you really need to look at the landscape of the entire NFL. All of the players are focused on getting paid. Every single one of them. They all have agents trying to negotiate the highest dollar value for their services.

Also, I'm tired of this talk about players just going to Jerry to go over the HC head or some nonsense like that? When has this happened? I need an example.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How has your life been altered in such a negative way by the performance of 20 something year old men playing a game?
Why are you on a forum posting comments about groups of primates who fight over a ball for millions of dollars? Anyone can play. your stupid meta game. The fact is you are here WITH US...

Gambit

Reaction score
Why are you on a forum posting comments about groups of primates who fight over a ball for millions of dollars? Anyone can play. your stupid meta game. The fact is you are here WITH US...
Primates?

You may have issues.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
do the playoffs.
He’s 1-3 in the Playoffs the last 3 years and that’s exactly where the team needs to translate its regular season success into post season success without a doubt. However you wouldn’t be asking me to “do the playoffs” if there wasn’t any playoffs and by winning double digits wins 3 years straight they put themselves in the position to do so.

Now since we are asking questions - outside of the Green Bay game which was abysmal, which playoff loss in the McCarthy era was terrible? Losing to the 49ers twice? Both of those games were coin flips at best and that’s being generous.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yes, only one team can win the Super Bowl and only four teams can mk the conf championship game. But it's not too much to ask from ownership to get us to a conf championship game once in a while, not once every three decades and there's no confidence we can mk the conf championship game as long a Jones family member is making the final football decisions (see past 28 seasons). The bar is the Super Bowl but when its been 28 years and counting, the bar becomes just mk the conf championship game. Us long suffering fans think that's a very reasonable expectation, esp in the salary cap era.

You continue to strongly indicate you are content with just winning the east and perhaps a wild card game 4 times in 28 seasons. Godspeed.
No I’m not content I’m just rational enough to understand that this group of players have no bearing on what happened the past 28 years. How can it be that ownership is so terrible yet you expect them to also make a conference championship game with this roster?
So the team is good enough to make a championship game with the talent it has? Who put the team together?

You guys need to separate Jerry and the 25 years previously from the last 3 years and McCarthy. What matters is now, the team we have now is pretty damn good but it needs additions to get us to the next level so we can translate regular season success into post season success.

I’m not content with how things are or how the season ended - I just don’t prescribe to “because it didn’t happen for 25 years it’ll never happen” loser mentality. I’m giving the organization a chance to see what they do, knowing they have a team that’s been more consistent than it’s been since 96 before I cry like jilted lovers like you.

ArtClink

Reaction score
No I’m not content I’m just rational enough to understand that this group of players have no bearing on what happened the past 28 years. How can it be that ownership is so terrible yet you expect them to also make a conference championship game with this roster?
So the team is good enough to make a championship game with the talent it has? Who put the team together?

You guys need to separate Jerry and the 25 years previously from the last 3 years and McCarthy. What matters is now, the team we have now is pretty damn good but it needs additions to get us to the next level so we can translate regular season success into post season success.

I’m not content with how things are or how the season ended - I just don’t prescribe to “because it didn’t happen for 25 years it’ll never happen” loser mentality. I’m giving the organization a chance to see what they do, knowing they have a team that’s been more consistent than it’s been since 96 before I cry like jilted lovers like you.
After 28 seasons and no deep playoff run, literally nothing else matters in the least.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He’s 1-3 in the Playoffs the last 3 years and that’s exactly where the team needs to translate its regular season success into post season success without a doubt. However you wouldn’t be asking me to “do the playoffs” if there wasn’t any playoffs and by winning double digits wins 3 years straight they put themselves in the position to do so.

Now since we are asking questions - outside of the Green Bay game which was abysmal, which playoff loss in the McCarthy era was terrible? Losing to the 49ers twice? Both of those games were coin flips at best and that’s being generous.
No, I'm asking you to be clear on RESULTS. And the playoff losses were EPIC COLLAPSES WHERE WE UNDERPERFORMED.

Did you mention that we played in a weak division? That our coaching staff is filled with ex-head coaches WHO DON'T NEED JERRY'S COACHING?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Super Bowl Wins

Jerry 1 ( with jimmys team)
JIMMY 2
Landry 2

Super Bowl Appearances
Landry 5
Jerry 1
JIMMY 2
Well said! But careful, you'll confuse the Jerry apologists with your cold, hard facts. They prefer to deal in fantasies like "we're so close". No one in this organization should ever mention the word "Super Bowl" until we finally reach a conf championship game. But the Jerry apologist all unite when any fan on this forum suggests that Jerry and Giggles aren't the gold standard of ownership and football management.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Some of you really need to look at the landscape of the entire NFL. All of the players are focused on getting paid. Every single one of them. They all have agents trying to negotiate the highest dollar value for their services.

Also, I'm tired of this talk about players just going to Jerry to go over the HC head or some nonsense like that? When has this happened? I need an example.
What you're tired of is irrelevant on an opinions forum.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No, I'm asking you to be clear on RESULTS. And the playoff losses were EPIC COLLAPSES WHERE WE UNDERPERFORMED.

Did you mention that we played in a weak division? That our coaching staff is filled with ex-head coaches WHO DON'T NEED JERRY'S COACHING?
How did we underperform against a niner team? We didn’t. We under performed against the packers, that’s for sure, the miners games weren’t “epic collapses” lol get a clue.

Division games are always tough regardless of record and the cowboys don’t lose point bc they play in a “weak division” even though the season prior it had 3 playoff teams lol