Jerry Has Been Our Head Coach for 25+ Years

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
After 28 seasons and no deep playoff run, literally nothing else matters in the least.
Like I said the past 25 years don’t mean a damn thing to the current iteration of the cowboys. Keep holding onto the past

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Like I said the past 25 years don’t mean a damn thing to the current iteration of the cowboys. Keep holding onto the past
The past is still with us. That's the problem. The way the Cowboys are set up is the reason why this team keeps failing. Players come and go. Coaches come and go. Nothing ever changes and it won't until Jerry's gone. And then hope his son isn't as bad as he is. People can live in denial all they want but facts are the facts. He's the common denominator.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How did we underperform against a niner team? We didn’t. We under performed against the packers, that’s for sure, the miners games weren’t “epic collapses” lol get a clue.

Division games are always tough regardless of record and the cowboys don’t lose point bc they play in a “weak division” even though the season prior it had 3 playoff teams lol
Dak underperformed last 2x against the Niners. And yes, the team did because Jerry, MM, Stephen...all ACKNOWLEDGED WE COME OUT FLAT IN PLAYOFF GAMES.

Only you...are in denial. That should tell you something.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak underperformed last 2x against the Niners. And yes, the team did because Jerry, MM, Stephen...all ACKNOWLEDGED WE COME OUT FLAT IN PLAYOFF GAMES.

I’m not in denial…I thought those niner teams are and were tougher than us, better coached and had equally as many weapons. I think if you say otherwise you’re in denial.

The packers game is an entirely different story.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
What you're tired of is irrelevant on an opinions forum.
Voicing opinions is the point of an opinion forum. If you don't like mine, ignore me, which you basically already did by offering no facts to back up what you posted. Just more "Jerry is the root of all our problems" which is probably 2nd most popular topic on the board besides people bashing/defending Dak.

ArtClink

Reaction score
You can view any 3 yr window over the past 28 seasons and see why we have yet to make an nfc championship game. Knock yourself out and you'll find the elephant in the room that is the only constant the past 28 seasons.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You can view any 3 yr window over the past 28 seasons and see why we have yet to make an nfc championship game. Knock yourself out and you'll find the elephant in the room that is the only constant the past 28 seasons.
Jerry was not the reason this years team didn’t make a championship game lol….but keep letting him own real estate in your head.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I’m not in denial…I thought those niner teams are and were tougher than us, better coached and had equally as many weapons. I think if you say otherwise you’re in denial.

The packers game is an entirely different story.
OK, I hear you. But even with the Packers, we have more known talent, but they were a matchup nightmare. Even if we were healthy WITH DIGGS, this would have been a challenge. Their stud didn't even get a catch until the 3rd quarter or something like that.

On offense, Dak APPEARS superior, but upon closer inspection no one finished the season stronger than Love AND Dak is a horrible big game QB. So, we are not THAT much better than the Packers. I called the loss ahead of time and wasn't surprised one bit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm talking about this belief that you can contend season after season without ever having to rebuild. I don't think it works in the long run.
I was responding to the comment “ They go on believing they can have their cake and eat it too.”

And I’d add he doesn’t feel he needs to rebuild cause he hasn’t hit rock bottom. Not since 2010 1-7 start or the three 5-11 seasons .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super Bowl Wins

Jerry 1 ( with jimmys team)
JIMMY 2
Landry 2

Super Bowl Appearances
Landry 5
Jerry 1
JIMMY 2
@ArtClink
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Only losers reference "appearances".

Jerry has 3 Super Bowl rings/trophies.

Jerry hired Jimmy.

Without Jerry, Landry would have hung around several more years continuing to lose.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad you're happy with the past 28 seasons with no deep playoff runs. Jerry needs more fans like you to support his habit. I trust you have bought more than your allotment of game tickets, SWAG, and Jean Jones Jeans to really prove what a big fan you are.
Never bought any sports merchandise or tickets. Grown men should not wear a Jersey with another man's name on it.

I watch games for free with an antenna connected to my TV.

I mute the TV during commercials. I've never heard one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Source: FW Star Telegram Article "Why does Stephen A. Smith say the Dallas Cowboys should’ve hired Bill Belichick as coach?"
URL: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article285700386.html

Super Bowl winning TE Shannon Sharpe just said what myself and a few others have been saying for over 25 year: Jerry IS our head coach and the Dallas "hc" has little to no power.

“The coaches can’t coach because Jerry is the coach. Whatever Mike McCarthy says, whatever the D-Coordinator says, [players know] they can go upstairs to Jerry and override because he’s emasculated the head coach the coach is a coach in theory in title only,” said Sharpe.

It's nice to see someone in the sports media finally speak the truth about why we can't advance deep into the playoffs. Having a figurehead hc with no power is crippling when it comes time to make a deep playoff run against great teams. But the important thing to Jerry is that he is comfortable with the "head coach", winning be damned.
They should put a plaque on the Landry statue that states: Loser 27 of 29 seasons...

Chasing6

Reaction score

After last season the priority from McCarthy was to fix the running game. How did that turn out?

If we can't fix our number 1 priority, how do fix number 2 and so on?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry was not the reason this years team didn’t make a championship game lol….but keep letting him own real estate in your head.
Ever hear of the saying...The buck stops here...? Harry Truman.

If you say 'The buck stops here' or 'The buck stops with me', you mean that you have to take responsibility for something and will not try to pass the responsibility on to someone else.

Jerry hired the GM (Himself), all of the coaches and other staff then selected all of the players. He also sets the tone for the environment. Of course it is all on him.