Jerry has been quiet since the game

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Normally he's ready to jump in front of cameras at any time.Could it be he's getting tired of Garrett's boneheaded decisions.............nahhhh, surely not.

Jerry woke up this morning, drank his Ensure and looked in the mirror and said, “Jason Garrett is good enough, he’s smart enough and gosh darn it he deserves it”. Jerry will be singing gingers praises again today. Just you watch.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Jerry woke up this morning, drank his Ensure and looked in the mirror and said, “Jason Garrett is good enough, he’s smart enough and gosh darn it he deserves it”. Jerry will be singing gingers praises again today. Just you watch.
You're probably right.........the boneheaded mistakes Garrett makes are what you might expect out of a rookie HC.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I agree with you that JG can run out of rope, like if he lost 6 straight, but If we finish 8-8, I think JG comes back. I hope you are right that they make a move this week, but I am not counting on it.
Since he has one year left on his contract it wouldn’t shock me if 8-8 bought him one more year. But I bet you’d see staff turnover on the offensive side of the ball, a Marinelli retirement and Richard promotion, and probably an offseason where offensive personnel was the focus. I don’t think status quo would be in order.

No doubt that Jerry is rooting for JG and Dak, but I guarantee you Jerry is having serious doubts about both right now. Even if his instinct is to give them the benefit of the doubt.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People should stop for a moment and not think what they would do if they were Jerry Jones or even consider What Will Jerry Do? Instead, it may be wise and look back at what Jones has done the past three decades and speculate what he might do.

Jones sees losses. He also see strong player effort. Jones sees in-game coaching decisions he does not agree with. He also sees plays working when players executed.

My opinion remains unchanged. I see Jones firing Garrett only after the team sustains a four-to-five game losing streak and the roster shows obvious signs of no longer being motivated. I think both conditions must be met before Jones commits to getting rid of Garrett.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Since he has one year left on his contract it wouldn’t shock me if 8-8 bought him one more year. But I bet you’d see staff turnover on the offensive side of the ball, a Marinelli retirement and Richard promotion, and probably an offseason where offensive personnel was the focus. I don’t think status quo would be in order.

No doubt that Jerry is rooting for JG and Dak, but I guarantee you Jerry is having serious doubts about both right now. Even if his instinct is to give them the benefit of the doubt.

:flagwave: Why do I feel like this is Stephen Jones?

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry making a coherent, grammatically correct statement? Nah. Now, throw in a lot of "umms", "ahs", and incomplete sentences that can only be interpreted with a Cracker Jacks decoder ring and you have his statement.

:rolleyes:

jrumann59

Reaction score
The playcalling didn't upset me as much as the game management yesterday.
Playcalling was bad. They ran into 9 man boxes. Reskins were showing man to man on all running downs doing run blitzes...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Management of that last minute of the game was inexcusable.

And I didn’t see us commit the penalty they called either. Did anyone else see the ball move?

dfense

Reaction score
What is lost on every single poster. Jerry is not in charge anymore. Stephen is the bungler running the show. And he loves him some Dak.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
He wont stay quiet for long. He's got 2 radio shows, probably some sponsorship events, or the next event AT&T Stadium, where he'll blather, slobber, and say things that make zero sense.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
People should stop for a moment and not think what they would do if they were Jerry Jones or even consider What Will Jerry Do? Instead, it may be wise and look back at what Jones has done the past three decades and speculate what he might do.

Jones sees losses. He also see strong player effort. Jones sees in-game coaching decisions he does not agree with. He also sees plays working when players executed.

My opinion remains unchanged. I see Jones firing Garrett only after the team sustains a four-to-five game losing streak and the roster shows obvious signs of no longer being motivated. I think both conditions must be met before Jones commits to getting rid of Garrett.
Agreed, and even if a move were to happen mid season, it wouldn't actually happen until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
If that game wasn't a stern indicator that JG needs to be gone, I don't know what else Jerry needs to see.

This is the NFL and you have to win on the road to be successful in this league.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't put it past JJ to make a move this week, what move is the question?? If he does it probably won't be one that fans don't like, he needs to find a new OC, easier than a new HC. Then in the off season get a new HC.

Firing Linehan will only give him reason to keep Garrett for another season.

Garrett MUST be the one to go.
Jerry already has some built in excuses to keep Garrett, with a new OC, and that may Kellen Moore interim OC.
This gives Jerry a huge reason to keep Garrett.

Too many coaching changes, OC changes, too many player turnover, as no WR and Witten's sudden retirement.

It has to be Garrett, or nothing will change.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn. Sorry - I don't listen regularly. Had a break at work, so I thought I'd listen in for medicinal purposes!

Should still be funny, they do this every week, or just about every week during football season.

Fake Wade was hilarious. I haven't listened for a long time.