News: Jerry has no regrets with Dak contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is the 7th highest paid qb
Dak is rated somewhere in 7-10 in terms of qb play
Why wouldnt jerry be happy to pay him at where he is playing?

Like dak or dislike dak, hes going to drop out of the top 10 in qb money by next year and theres little arugment that at that point his contract will not be in line with his play.

Another laughable angle the Dak turds tried that blows up in their face.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so since Jerry is an idiot, does this supposed to justify the deal somehow? or are we saying Jerry is not an idiot and this is a one in a million shot he got right. can you have it both ways?

NO thats exactly it. Jerry is a football idiot, but he is not dumb enough to pass up resigning a QB like Dak going into his prime.

That kind of talk is reserved for the handful of Dak cry babies on here.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
NO thats exactly it. Jerry is a football idiot, but he is not dumb enough to pass up resigning a QB like Dak going into his prime.

so he's an idiot but didn't make a mistake?

phildadon86

Reaction score

The angle that the approach to FA is because of Dak's contract is laughable in itself. Like they were signing huge FA's when he was on a rookie contract or something? lol. Cooper is gone because of his attitude and personal choices regarding something we cant discuss here, Collins is gone because he is a moron, Jaylon is gone because he sucked, and Gregory is gone because the owners son tried to be cute.

None of these factors play into Dak's contract. But. Because Dallas isn't signing anyone it gives people topics to discuss. lol. The main culprit that always thinks he's "right" also said Parsons was a horrible pick. The guy was in the running for DPOY and won DROY. Then he doubles down on his football idiocy by saying "well 11 other teams passed on him so I must be right" Its hilarious. The narcissistic tendencies displayed by some here are astounding.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
The question should of been”Jerry do you regret not signing Dak a year earlier?”

Nav22

Reaction score
Imagine being so stupid that you think paying a young, top 10 QB is a bad idea on any level.

“DURRRR NO IT’S SO EASY TO FIND ANOTHER TOP 10 QB YOU GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
knee jerk reaction much? Have you not seen what the team does with the cap management and tools to lesson the cap hits? Take a chill pill and go ride your Vespa for a bit.
That means extending a average QG at top dollars who hasn't produced any results with 2024 his last season unless they use the voidable years, the problem with this strategy is that extending a contract using void years and increasing dead money associated with the player, Dak the contract that just keeps taking, keep driving that Yugo you deserve it. Jerry is stupid enough to extend Dak and that is the problem for you cap novices.

Jipper

Reaction score
Another laughable angle the Dak turds tried that blows up in their face.

There's no angle and I'm not a dak turd, I am simply pointing out if we are going to rank him against his peers and his pay is aligned with his ranking then it makes sense from a financial perspective

Nav22

Reaction score
Drrrrr imagine believing Dak is a top 10 QB. Unless USFL maybe??????
NFL players, coaches and execs were each separately polled last offseason. They each ranked Dak top 10.

They’ll likely all be polled again this offseason, and again, they’ll rank Dak top 10.

“DURRRRR I KNOW BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM YOU GUYS!!!!”

Adreme

Reaction score
Lol what’s he supposed to say?

Id rather have Baker Mayfield at half price and he’s not even that good. Problem with Dak is they can’t build a good enough team around him while paying him.

THEY cant be a good team around anyone with or without paying him. Real GMs can build around paying their QB whatever but somehow the Cowboys are completely outclassed when it comes to cap management and free agency.

Brax

Reaction score
NFL players, coaches and execs were each separately polled last offseason. They each ranked Dak top 10.

They’ll likely all be polled again this offseason, and again, they’ll rank Dak top 10.

“DURRRRR I KNOW BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM YOU GUYS!!!!”
Now you quote the talking heads and anonymous polls LMAO. Dak "never won anything" homer love is priceless.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I'm going to take a HATE nap and get back to you soonest.:muttley:
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...he-quarterback-for-the-dallas-cowboys.492042/

Might wanna check that poll out as it seems there's a lot of Dak hate here!!!

But what are you going to do about a situation that is about making business deals.

Its clear that the polls have absolutely no bearing on the contracts that are signed by Dallas Cowboys players. Someone else is in control of those decisions.

We can certainly have opinions and thoughts about Dak's performance, and he does own a certain portion of that metric, but regarding his contract it makes no sense to make it about the player because he doesn't own the decision making process.

If you hate the contract you should have a good understanding on who to address your hate to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The angle that the approach to FA is because of Dak's contract is laughable in itself. Like they were signing huge FA's when he was on a rookie contract or something? lol. Cooper is gone because of his attitude and personal choices regarding something we cant discuss here, Collins is gone because he is a moron, Jaylon is gone because he sucked, and Gregory is gone because the owners son tried to be cute.

None of these factors play into Dak's contract. But. Because Dallas isn't signing anyone it gives people topics to discuss. lol. The main culprit that always thinks he's "right" also said Parsons was a horrible pick. The guy was in the running for DPOY and won DROY. Then he doubles down on his football idiocy by saying "well 11 other teams passed on him so I must be right" Its hilarious. The narcissistic tendencies displayed by some here are astounding.

Its more stupidity then narcissism the way I see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There's no angle and I'm not a dak turd, I am simply pointing out if we are going to rank him against his peers and his pay is aligned with his ranking then it makes sense from a financial perspective

I didnt imply that you were. I was agreeing with you. The Dak turds angle was that Dak's contract would cripple the Cowboys and that he was the highest paid QB.

We told them over and over that in a few years his contract would be in line with his ranking. That it was the way of new contracts to make someone the highest paid.

Like all of their claims over the last 6 years they are dead wrong.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But what are you going to do about a situation that is about making business deals.

Its clear that the polls have absolutely no bearing on the contracts that are signed by Dallas Cowboys players. Someone else is in control of those decisions.

We can certainly have opinions and thoughts about Dak's performance, and he does own a certain portion of that metric, but regarding his contract it makes no sense to make it about the player because he doesn't own the decision making process.

If you hate the contract you should have a good understanding on who to address your hate to.

Enough.....I only HATE Broccoli therefore we have no common ground to discuss based on your Hate obsessions.......
GL with that!