Jerry: "I love our core base"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He would need Jimmy to pull off a Hershel trade.

I think some forget there was no free agency when the Hershel trade was made. In other words, there will never be another Hershel Walker like trade IMO. lol

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This organization will not do anything and will continue to suck as long as Jerry chooses the parade of meat heads he calls coaches . It doesn’t matter how good the talent is if you keep hiring men that are sure not to outshine you .

Adreme

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith is not really tradable and Lawrence is a fine piece but one fine player does not make a great front 7 (and in fact you can negate 1 good player if that is all you have on a pass rush). An average defense at least needs average players though (and probably another 1 or 2 good players) but the Cowboys are simply bad at every level which granted I suspected going into the season but this was even worse than I expected.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think some forget there was no free agency when the Hershel trade was made. In other words, there will never be another Hershel Walker like trade IMO. lol
True, but there has still been some fleecings...none of which Jerry has been on the plus side of over a 25 year span.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In other words, it appears he has no interest in trading any second contract players ......for now. I suppose this response could be more about the immediate trade deadline on Nov 3 and not necessarily during the offseason. I can see it changing if we finish below 500 and no playoff.

You're projecting. Jerry means what he's saying - he likes his guys. After all, he picked them.

He's already got his rationalizations for a sub-.500 season: Covid and Dak. 4-12 isn't going to cause him to change course. Last time a similar thing happened he went 13-3 the next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are a 2-5 team that is a couple of fluke plays away from being 0-7. I wouldn't be very happy at all right now after seeing the product on the field the past two weeks.

But you know what...they aren't 0-7, they are 2-5. The ball bounces funny ways for all teams, even ones with winning records.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I always love the posts after these posts. "Jerry sucks" "Delusional" "we suck"

Jerry says what he needs to say to the media. What happens behind closed doors is a different story.

Jerry doesn't need to say anything to the media. How many other owners are out there doing a radio show every week, babbling on about their team then getting mad if anyone criticizes them?

It's not as if he "needs" to put out spin. He doesn't have to say anything more than superficial, Belichick-esque comments, but ol' Jerry just can't resist a microphone.

"Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking." - Vito Corleone

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn't need to say anything to the media. How many other owners are out there doing a radio show every week, babbling on about their team then getting mad if anyone criticizes them?

It's not as if he "needs" to put out spin. He doesn't have to say anything more than superficial, Belichick-esque comments, but ol' Jerry just can't resist a microphone.

"Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking." - Vito Corleone

This is Jerry's life and blood. He puts everything into it. Many other owners have other business the run. So that is one reason why we don't see them in front of the mic's.
I never understood why it bothers fans so much.
I prefer not to see him or hear him. But it doesn't make it a bad day for me when he does. :lmao:

Matter of fact, I never really listen to him, except for when it is posted on here about what he says. Then I disregard most of it. :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like he likes what they are doing and they are going to stick to the plan..

MikeB80

Reaction score
Why talk at all? lol

This has been my question forever. Why do these people live on tv and the radio.

The answer in recent years is because if it wasn't for nonsense like contract disputes, suspensions and Jerry/Stephen saying something noteworthy no one would care about the cowboys anymore.

The Cowboys are the Kardashians of the NFL. Celebrities for no reason. They have no specific talent of any kind and this organization has done no winning of any importance and has been dogcrap essentially since 15.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like he likes what they are doing and they are going to stick to the plan..

That is the best thing they can do at this time.
With all the injuries, and especially Dak. They can't get a true evaluation on any players and coaches as to how they wanted this to be and to go. With the odd off-season factoring in as well.

It is like, ok, let's thread water, and reboot next year, and see what we have and where we are.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Yeah,but he isn't gonna do that.Did you notice how all off-season he stayed out of site.The minute the team started training, he showed back up. The man couldn't stand it, he got to get him some more glory-hole

starfan1

Reaction score

sounds more like your going to be disappointed and i might be as well but they players you see as overpaid will be here next year.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Yep.. full speed ahead with your plan Jerry. Same conclusion as always.
OGC.8d664570648791eaed5c5f5780ee9072

kevm3

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry means on offense, which is true since we had the #1 offense in the league when Dak was in there. If the defense wasn't such a stinker then we easily could be competitive given Dak was there.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'm guessing this includes the following from the D, Jaylon, DLaw, Diggs and LVE.
Offense.....Dak, Zeke, Coop, Lamb, Gallup, Martin, Smith

In other words, it appears he has no interest in trading any second contract players ......for now. I suppose this response could be more about the immediate trade deadline on Nov 3 and not necessarily during the offseason. I can see it changing if we finish below 500 and no playoff.

CORE BASE??????????? What core base, hell we don't have a core! let a lone to a base to go with it. The team is pathetic and has to be blown up. If JJ wants to see another Super Bowl trophy in his trophy case before he moves on to that big yacht in the sky he better be down to making some SERIOUS changes to this team in the VERY near future. First move: STEP DOWN JJ, hire a YOUNG GM and leave him/her alone to do their thing!