Jerry: "If we got em talking about us then we're doing our job"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point was that he wasn’t exposed to the business and personnel side of football until he purchased the team. I don’t think the nuances of running a team is something you just decide one day to do without any relevant experience. Not like he was making decisions playing at Arkansas.
So does playing football for his college team makes him a competent GM by default? By that marker then thousands of players would be qualified to run a NFL team.
Let’s see…during Jerry’s tenure the Cowboys have made poor trades; drafted recklessly, done a poor job developing players and overpaying players due to sentimental reasons.
Jerry is a master marketer, but to be fair, he has done a lot of good for the growth of the NFL; but he is no football personnel guy…the club’s performance over the past 29 years bears that out culminating in a one-sided home playoff loss to the 7th seed Packers…that was an epic fail on every level.
Dallas is a dysfunctional organization that starts at the top with Jerry and filters down throughout the ranks. When one thinks about it, the lone constant has been Jerry Jones for the past 29 years. Yes…Jerry was the beneficiary of two Super Bowls, but those were courtesy of Jimmy Johnson.
To think Jerry is a competent football GM…NOW that is funny…
I did ot say he was competent. I said he knows more than most on This forum about football.
He made the comment about learning things when he first bought the team. So he admitted that much, that he had things to learn.