Jerry: "If we got em talking about us then we're doing our job"

Momanpr100

Reaction score
:facepalm: This is the exact mentality he passed down to his son as well. Prepare for that lol

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Jerry most definitely gets it .. and a lot of the media gets it .. but a lot of Cowboys fans don't get it.

Jerry's priority is popularity because popularity generates revenue and increase valuations.

Jerry wants to win, but only as a byproduct, not as the priority.
Well said

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Chargers with Harbaugh will reach further than Dallas will in the next 5 years.
Well Harbaugh already made a Super Bowl and just won a national Championship. So this isn't a bold prediction, it's a reality.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People used to hate this team because of them winning all the time. Now, they hate the team because we are a joke and don't deserve to be paraded out each and every year as the team to beat. The team used to kill it in ratings because people watched...either rooting for them to win or to lose. Now they watch to point and laugh. We, the fans, watch, hoping somehow, someway this season is different than the 28 entries before it. The season, just like a good handful of others during this "run", gave glimpses, slivers of hope, but those were extinguished in an all too familiar bed crapping in the playoffs.

And here we are today when we hear a comment from our favorite team's owner/"GM" which further cements this team as the forehead slapping champs.

I've coached myself to become apathetic over the last 10-12 years, but I let my guard down this season as I thought the team turned the corner. I learned my lesson.

I will forever be a fan of the blue and silver, but watching/rooting for this team in the same passionate manner as I grew up doing during the 80s, 90s, and 00s just isn't going to happen. I am extremely grateful to Jimmy, Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Woody, etc. as I will always hold the memories in the highest regard.

Barring any context I am missing in the radio interview Jerry had with 105.3, this headline or quote needs to be attacked like flies on a pile of dog crap. I hope every sports/media outlet give attention to Jerry, but not the good kind.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry may have made a big mistake this time.
Too many people were shocked by the loss to green bay, and they are not going to buy in anymore like they did in the past.
Also this is 3rd season in a row they got a beat down in the playoffs. It is fresh in everyone's mind.

People in media are now making fun of the cowboys, and the social media stuff.

In the past having people talk about the cowboys worked, but this time is different.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well Harbaugh already made a Super Bowl and just won a national Championship. So this isn't a bold prediction, it's a reality.
I'll be watching them closely this year as I have recently referred to them as the Cowboys of the AFC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry most definitely gets it .. and a lot of the media gets it .. but a lot of Cowboys fans don't get it.

Jerry's priority is popularity because popularity generates revenue and increase valuations.

Jerry wants to win, but only as a byproduct, not as the priority.
you left out the players, I think CD and Parsons are now starting to get it , and they dont like it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope every sports/media outlet give attention to Jerry, but not the good kind.
I wish local and national sports media would gang up and berate him en masse over an extended time but it will not happen. It will not happen because they fear receiving any reprisals from him like denying access to interviewing him.

Nope. Most do not attack him because he is good for views and clicks. Even Stephen A. Smith, who has profited heavily simply going after the Cowboys day-in day-out, treats him with kid gloves.

And I guess that is okay for Smith. After all, how would Smith get around sometimes without Jones giving him lifts in his private helicopter? Everyone who knows anything knows the golden rule: "Do not piss off your Lyft driver."

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Too many people were shocked by the loss to green bay, and they are not going to buy in anymore like they did in the past.
Also this is 3rd season in a row they got a beat down in the playoffs. It is fresh in everyone's mind.

In the past having people talk about the cowboys worked, but this time is different.
Nope, even bad publicity creates revenue. He's right, "as long as they're talking", the cash register keeps ringing.

Especially since we fans aren't going anywhere...he's probably making money off every post we make in this forum.

We just love us some Jerry, or at least talking about Jerrah...and he LOVES it

Mo' money, MO' money, MO' MONEY!

:flagwave:

Philmonroe

Reaction score

They haven’t got beat down 3 years in a row in the playoffs. That’s just not true

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish local and national sports media would gang up and berate him en masse over an extended time but it will not happen. It will not happen because they fear receiving any reprisals from him like denying access to interviewing him.

Nope. Most do not attack him because he is good for views and clicks. Even Stephen A. Smith, who has profited heavily simply going after the Cowboys day-in day-out, treats him with kid gloves.

And I guess that is okay for Smith. After all, how would Smith get around sometimes without Jones giving him lifts in his private helicopter? Everyone who knows anything knows the golden rule: "Do not piss off your Lyft driver."
As has been said many times in many different ways, the only way to get his attention is to hurt that back pocket of his.

He can't lose though. The brand that was built on winning still exists but in a different form as a marketing juggernaut. As you said, the Cowboys not only make money for Jerry, they make money for SAS and all other media alike.

The power lies within the fans, not just Cowboys fans but NFL fans as a whole. If you hate Dallas, stop watching. Doing so will keep them off your TV on Sunday and Monday nights. If you love the Cowboys, but can't stand this tar pit we've been in for almost 30 years, stop buying season tickets. Stop buying the NFL Sunday ticket.

Get Jerry's attention.

All easier said than done. We're on this forum because we love the Cowboys and no matter how apathetic we all get, we will continue to care and watch. So Jerry continues his reign while we wait for the bucket to be kicked. Little Enos (love that nickname) waits in the wings though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As has been said many times in many different ways, the only way to get his attention is to hurt that back pocket of his.

He can't lose though. The brand that was built on winning still exists but in a different form as a marketing juggernaut. As you said, the Cowboys not only make money for Jerry, they make money for SAS and all other media alike.

The power lies within the fans, not just Cowboys fans but NFL fans as a whole. If you hate Dallas, stop watching. Doing so will keep them off your TV on Sunday and Monday nights. If you love the Cowboys, but can't stand this tar pit we've been in for almost 30 years, stop buying season tickets. Stop buying the NFL Sunday ticket.

Get Jerry's attention.

All easier said than done. We're on this forum because we love the Cowboys and no matter how apathetic we all get, we will continue to care and watch. So Jerry continues his reign while we wait for the bucket to be kicked. Little Enos (love that nickname) waits in the wings though.
His back pocket is not the only way to get his attention and also possibly moderate his thinking. It is the only way many can only conceive is the only way.

Air Force One

Reaction score
You know the really astonishing aspect is the fact that Jerry Jones has been a GM this long and he still sucks so bad at it. So now he falls back on talk and money because he sure as hell doesn’t know how to win after all these years. You can make lots of money winning but Jerry doesn’t know how to do that. He’s great at making money on cups of beer and hot dogs tho, so congrats on that. They should put that on his gravestone. Couldn’t win but knew how to sell concessions.