Jerry: "If we got em talking about us then we're doing our job"

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
You know the really astonishing aspect is the fact that Jerry Jones has been a GM this long and he still sucks so bad at it. So now he falls back on talk and money because he sure as hell doesn’t know how to win after all these years. You can make lots of money winning but Jerry doesn’t know how to do that. He’s great at making money on cups of beer and hot dogs tho, so congrats on that. They should put that on his gravestone. Couldn’t win but knew how to sell concessions.
In-Living-Color-Mo-Money-Sticker-LS474_271a29a7-47fc-4a09-ace6-42ed23904dab.b7814302b876bda786c94c133824712d.jpeg

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry means if they are talking to him, then he is doing his job.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so you don't support the players and coaches. :D If you do, Jerry appreciates you. He knows he's doing good when you guys fight other fans over the bad players and coaches.

:laugh:
More like discussing which is better than many on here can do. As all they do is crap on everything the team does as well crap on fellow posters. …. Such as you are doing …

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
More like discussing which is better than many on here can do. As all they do is crap on everything the team does as well crap on fellow posters. …. Such as you are doing …
naw, I'm just speaking the truth. I'm glad you support Jerry's choices in players and coaches. I know he is proud of you.

And it bothers me none, that is your choice. :thumbup:

37456ebc-45bd-4a7e-bb5d-ab6ba8d40afc-small.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
naw, I'm just speaking the truth. I'm glad you support Jerry's choices in players and coaches. I know he is proud of you.

And it bothers me none, that is your choice. :thumbup:

37456ebc-45bd-4a7e-bb5d-ab6ba8d40afc-small.jpg

Stop…are you reading my post, comprehension?

Now you are on the verge of harassment.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
you left out the players, I think CD and Parsons are now starting to get it , and they dont like it.
Cee Dee needs to learn how to run better routes. That would help us all. Parson :facepalm: Dude disappears like a ghost in Big games-don't think he should be a guy tired of anything pto another player on this team..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
even bad publicity creates revenue
I dont think so, explain how if fish or herd does a video on dallas or someone writes a article, jerry gets $ directly from that.
Jerry thinks it is good, because it keeps fans interested in cowboys, so the buy merch or come to game, or watch on tv.
But that is flawed thinking imo.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's been 28 years of record breaking underachievement and failure. Does the team deserve anything other than getting crapped on? What positive things have happened for the fans to hang their hats on with pride? Does a clown show deserve respect?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been 28 years of record breaking underachievement and failure. Does the team deserve anything other than getting crapped on? What positive things have happened for the fans to hang their hats on with pride? Does a clown show deserve respect?
There are quite a few positives. But I can't help the blindness to it all.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry is not a football guy, nor was he born into a football family; he is an investor and a genius in brand marketing, the Cowboys are merely an investment to him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is not a football guy, nor was he born into a football family; he is an investor and a genius in brand marketing, the Cowboys are merely an investment to him.
:lmao2:
What does not being born into a football family have to do with it.
Jerry grew up playing football, as he was starter for his college team along with Jimmy.

He probably knows much more about football than most posting on here.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I dont think so, explain how if fish or herd does a video on dallas or someone writes a article, jerry gets $ directly from that.
Jerry thinks it is good, because it keeps fans interested in cowboys, so the buy merch or come to game, or watch on tv.
But that is flawed thinking imo.
Flawed thinking, yet the cash register keeps ringing.

Oscar Wilde said: “There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

KAHr5swRyWc6kS9UnFSjPM-320-80.jpg

LysleE

Reaction score
:lmao2:
What does not being born into a football family have to do with it.
Jerry grew up playing football, as he was starter for his college team along with Jimmy.

He probably knows much more about football than most posting on here.
My point was that he wasn’t exposed to the business and personnel side of football until he purchased the team. I don’t think the nuances of running a team is something you just decide one day to do without any relevant experience. Not like he was making decisions playing at Arkansas.
So does playing football for his college team makes him a competent GM by default? By that marker then thousands of players would be qualified to run a NFL team.
Let’s see…during Jerry’s tenure the Cowboys have made poor trades; drafted recklessly, done a poor job developing players and overpaying players due to sentimental reasons.
Jerry is a master marketer, but to be fair, he has done a lot of good for the growth of the NFL; but he is no football personnel guy…the club’s performance over the past 29 years bears that out culminating in a one-sided home playoff loss to the 7th seed Packers…that was an epic fail on every level.
Dallas is a dysfunctional organization that starts at the top with Jerry and filters down throughout the ranks. When one thinks about it, the lone constant has been Jerry Jones for the past 29 years. Yes…Jerry was the beneficiary of two Super Bowls, but those were courtesy of Jimmy Johnson.
To think Jerry is a competent football GM…NOW that is funny…