Video: Jerry interview at Senior Bowl

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I will do a non joking summary.
He stated that kellen controls the offense, everything, and that Mike is the influencer, so he can influence kellen but that is it.:rolleyes:
and he sort of said kellen should take advantage of all mikes vast knowledge :p

He says the offense needs to adjust to defenses better, then he says they did adjust in 2nd half of season, and then he says if they had
adjusted better they would be in SB :eek: So in deciphering jerry speak, they need to adjust better during the season, and in playoffs..
and of course every year is a SB year lol.
At one point he says you can play bad play good, bad good, bad good, and then your in the SB :huh: Which again means bad good, doesnt matter,
just get in playoffs, and then you have same chance as every other team to go to SB, which is jerrys big flaw. I guess he missed the memo
on playing GOOD right before and into the playoffs, are the teams that go to champ games and SB..

Then when asked what to do about improving OL, he was mostly rambling, but said penaltys and discipline were things to work on.
then he said something which explains something, he said they are looking for "flex" players on OL and probably DL too.
instead of looking for a player who is great at one position, they want lesser players who can flex and play many positions.

Which makes little sense because they only play lael at RT , Martin at RG, Smith at LT, and then the rest are the flex players lol.
No one asked if tyron was too old, or if lael played as good as they wanted, or is williams a penalty machine? and too small.

that is all in 12.41 , and I will listen to more later. It is like listening to hill billy lawyer who is too old to be still practicing, but he is lol.
and then the questions are lame too.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
oh i forgot, he said they worked hard to keep dan Q, and that everyone wanted to keep him, so he was happy dan stayed.
As for kellen he said nothing about working hard to keep him lol, and that he hoped they would keep him too,but if not no big deal lol.
And of course mike is a great coach and jerry likes him:mad:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It's nice having a glass half full optimist as the GM of this team. We are blessed.
Well there is our problem...can you imagine waking up every morning thinking 1/2 your team is ok....and your good with that?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I was really hoping we may win something before we got into Al Davis at the end territory, but no such luck.

This is going to get bad. Real bad.

plasticman

Reaction score
Why?

It's like pouring gas on a fire. That's it, let's justify the perception that Jerry Jones is some type of talent guru.

The team was far, far, far more successful when Jerry just signed the checks and chauffeured new players around town.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
28217959-2d9d-4a97-ab5a-8594d348d9fe_text.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
I will do a non joking summary.
He stated that kellen controls the offense, everything, and that Mike is the influencer, so he can influence kellen but that is it.:rolleyes:
and he sort of said kellen should take advantage of all mikes vast knowledge :p

He says the offense needs to adjust to defenses better, then he says they did adjust in 2nd half of season, and then he says if they had
adjusted better they would be in SB :eek: So in deciphering jerry speak, they need to adjust better during the season, and in playoffs..
and of course every year is a SB year lol.
At one point he says you can play bad play good, bad good, bad good, and then your in the SB :huh: Which again means bad good, doesnt matter,
just get in playoffs, and then you have same chance as every other team to go to SB, which is jerrys big flaw. I guess he missed the memo
on playing GOOD right before and into the playoffs, are the teams that go to champ games and SB..

Then when asked what to do about improving OL, he was mostly rambling, but said penaltys and discipline were things to work on.
then he said something which explains something, he said they are looking for "flex" players on OL and probably DL too.
instead of looking for a player who is great at one position, they want lesser players who can flex and play many positions.

Which makes little sense because they only play lael at RT , Martin at RG, Smith at LT, and then the rest are the flex players lol.
No one asked if tyron was too old, or if lael played as good as they wanted, or is williams a penalty machine? and too small.

that is all in 12.41 , and I will listen to more later. It is like listening to hill billy lawyer who is too old to be still practicing, but he is lol.
and then the questions are lame too.

Well done and thanks

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"If we could have adjusted on offense we'd be playing in the Super Bowl."
So did anyone ask the obvious question: What needs to be done so that adjustments on offense can occur? What is being done so the Cowboys won't be the same place next year, i.e., one-and-done?

Wait. No need to answer. I pretty much know the outcome.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Jerry is always talking to the media. He loves it. He loves being in the news. But to Cowboys fans everywhere he is often embarrassing. His comments are sometimes even cringe worthy. He has no shame.....

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I was really hoping we may win something before we got into Al Davis at the end territory, but no such luck.

This is going to get bad. Real bad.

Rich Dyrample is leaving before the wheels completely fall off.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Summary: plenty of lip smacking in between incoherent ramblings
Sadly, you can see he's deteriorating. He's talking about Micah Parsons then he starts talking about himself.
Well, that's going to happen to all of us if we get that old - or even older. Sigh.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's pretty comical that anytime a subject becomes remotely controversial, Jerry doubles up on the ah-s and er-s! He tends to do that whenever discussing Kellen and MM. He's much more confident in his responses when they concern Dan Quinn.