Video: Jerry interview at Senior Bowl

Hardline

Reaction score
He and so many fans think this team has had so much talent for so many years and it's been you and I carrying the flag that this is, in fact, a team that is not talented enough.
You're just more blunt and obsessive than I.

But this team is not that talented. I'm sorry, but it's true.
It's talented enough to be a good team, but not a great team.

Too many significant flaws.

Fans overrate too many too often and that's okay, but perception is not always a reality and it looks like it's about to get worse.
#HarshTruth
Welcome to what I've been saying for at least 20 years.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If you have 40 minutes, our architect speaketh. Enjoy.

These are done for promotional value and ego stroking. The horse is dead and buried. He drinks his weight in whiskey because he has everything but the legacy of building a Super Bowl champion (save for a handful yokels impressed with his salesmanship and stubbornness) and fears he may not ever be able to change the narrative before the inevitable. He purchased the throne he sits in. Go drown in a bottle of Johnny Walker for all we care.

Dre11

Reaction score
Anybody see the quotes as it pertains to the coaches, Jerry basically saying McCarthy knows that someday somebody else will coach the Cowboys and Quinn is a candidate and Mike is comfortable with that.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Anybody see the quotes as it pertains to the coaches, Jerry basically saying McCarthy knows that someday somebody else will coach the Cowboys and Quinn is a candidate and Mike is comfortable with that.
I heard that... And him saying he doesn't know for sure what Kellen is going to do (and not pursuing him the way he did with Quinn) is very telling...

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dan Quinn would love to be the Cowboys Head Coach one day. Mike McCarthy knows it and apparently is okay with it. This was talked about as if it's a healthy situation for a football team.

This right here is actually a super toxic dynamic to have brewing on a football team. Only Jerry Jones would think this is a good thing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He and so many fans think this team has had so much talent for so many years and it's been you and I carrying the flag that this is, in fact, a team that is not talented enough.
You're just more blunt and obsessive than I.

But this team is not that talented. I'm sorry, but it's true.
It's talented enough to be a good team, but not a great team.

Too many significant flaws.

Fans overrate too many too often and that's okay, but perception is not always a reality and it looks like it's about to get worse.
#HarshTruth

This team is like any other: It has enough homegrown talent if you supplement it with free-agent talent. The idea that we can just draft our way into being a winner is folly in the salary-cap age because the cap creates a revolving door so you'll never complete the process no matter how well you draft.

The Joneses think they can supplement good drafting by filling in the gaps with cheap FAs, essentially bodies to fill those roles, and that's not a recipe for success. Yes, other things are needed besides good drafting and good use of FA, but without those two, it's hard to contend against teams that are adding better talent through FA to bolster their rosters.

CoachD

Reaction score
I was all in for about 5 seconds and that's all I needed to hear from Jerrah.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting when he said:

“To the eeer uhhh, let’s just call it emancipation of uhhh, time, or, uhhhhhh, if you will, clock management. I would say uhhhh, we could not be anymore uhhhhhh, satisfied with uhhhhh, Mike.”

I love it, "we really uhhhhh hmmmm uhhhh think highly of ummmmm LICKS LIPS hmmmm uhhhh Kellen Moore, and there's no ummm hhhhhhhhhhhhh doubt in my mind, he's uhh uhhhh the coordinator uhhhh going forward lol"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Mike already has a SB ring and got his $20 million retirement fund courtesy of Jerry Jones.

There's no urgency for him. Win or lose, stay on or get fired, he's comfortable either way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All McCarthy wants from Jerry is his 30 million dollars and someone to blame so he can explain that it wasn't his fault.

He has both.

This is a nowhere situation.

It's irritating and shameful that it isn't even about bad players on the field (thank you Mr. McClay), it's about Jerry's hand picked geniuses and puppets not being able to out coach the better minds in the league.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine interviewing a delusional 80 year old man who makes no sense. Billions of dollars are only thing separating Jerry and any other 80 year old man who thinks he knows football. Money. That’s it.

Jipper

Reaction score
I used to be a Jerry supporter….best owner in football blah blah

honesty now, I’m done, he sucks, he’s ruined the best team in pro sports and I hate him.

the sooner he dies and passes team control the better for the organization. It’s sucks, I hate saying that but he’s become our Al Davis

Big_D

Reaction score
I used to be a Jerry supporter….best owner in football blah blah

honesty now, I’m done, he sucks, he’s ruined the best team in pro sports and I hate him.

the sooner he dies and passes team control the better for the organization. It’s sucks, I hate saying that but he’s become our Al Davis

Davis was actually very good at one time. Jerry’s just a buffoon. And you’re only saying what every Cowboy fan is thinking. It’s sad, but unfortunately that’s the situation. Jerry’s a hindrance to ever winning a championship! Even these interviews are just a pathetic joke at this point. Almost 3 decades and counting! Best owner in football? He could’ve been if he didn’t make a complete mockery of the GM job. Great owners don’t do that.