Jerry is a moron

dooomsday

Reaction score
silverbear;2056655 said:
Ignore him, man, he's just another Chicken Little...

LOL! Oh yeah. Can you imagine questioning such a low pick? #61! Day 1. There is nothing left at that point. Go with JJs coin flips for RBs and back up TEs. Hopefully we take a QB next. You know, in case Romo goes down.
You dont have to sit on your hands. Luckily JJ knows this. We could have easily traded up in rnd 2.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dooomsday;2056711 said:
LOL! Oh yeah. Can you imagine questioning such a low pick? #61! Day 1. There is nothing left at that point. Go with JJs coin flips for RBs and back up TEs. Hopefully we take a QB next. You know, in case Romo goes down.
You dont have to sit on your hands. Luckily JJ knows this. We could have easily traded up in rnd 2.

Don't you think its a bit early in the AM to be drinking?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2056726 said:
Don't you think its a bit early in the AM to be drinking?

man i have to say im still a lil buzzed from what i was drinking last night and it's never to early. Geez i sound like an alcoholic =/ that can't be good.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dooomsday;2056735 said:
No, but it is time to wake up. I was being sarcastic.

I'm well aware of what you were attempting to do. My comment was on how you went about doing it. Think aobut it for a bit and get back to me.

dooomsday

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2056738 said:
I'm well aware of what you were attempting to do. My comment was on how you went about doing it. Think aobut it for a bit and get back to me.

No thanks. LOL.

Scotman

Reaction score
Artie, the short bus comments are inappropriate. As an educator and someone who's had to help raise a child with special needs, I find it...well...inappropriate.

Teufeli, the physical threats are also unwelcome and potentially illegal. Aren't you the one who stated that there were people on this forum acting like children?

Folks, we all root for the same team. It's OK to be disappointed with a draft pick, not OK to take personal shots at each other. By doing so, you keep other people from posting.

This isn't my favorite draft so far. I like having a breakaway threat in Felix. But, is he truly a breakaway threat? I read somewhere that he ran a 4.47. IS that really very fast or did I get the time wrong? One thing I do like about him is his vision. Backs with good vision do not seem to take as many clean hits. I think this is VERY important. I am glad we picked up a RB in the first. I may be the only fan alive that isn't completely sold on Barber. He runs with abandon but, well, the truth of the matter is that I can't put my finger on it. I won't mind eating a healthy portion of crow if I'm wrong but I don't feel like he's the long-term answer at RB. Perhaps I'm just cautious because of how hard I bought into Julius after his rookie year. Afraid to be hopeful, if you will.

The Jenkins pick offered great value at the 25 spot. Like many, I wish we had not had to trade up to get him. If he pans out, he will be more than worth it.

I was initially amazed at the TE pick. I made the wrong assumption that we didn't need a TE since we were willing to get rid of Fasano. Someone on here mentioned that Jason Garrett may have played a hand in these series of transactions. So be it. I'll be rooting hard for the guy.

So what does day two hold for us? I'm hoping for a WR or two, a FB, a guard (probably earlier than most of you..even next if it were up to me), a DT and a QB late. I have more wants left than we have picks. :D

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
bkight13;2055131 said:
I love how these fans criticize Jerry's ego as they sit on their couch and scream about how smart they are and what moves they would have made.

I love how these fans use message boards to criticize the only thing that message boards actually exist for, namely non professionals exchanging personal opinions.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Damn,

I logged on expecting to see some excitement and high-fives be given all around.

We significantly upgraded RB and CB and then took the best player available which just happened to be a TE to replace the one dimensional TE we traded to make sure we got the upgrade at CB we desperately needed.

This offense NEEDS a multi-dimensional TE to make it work right. Now we have two. Worst case we have some serious value in a high value position.

Now this team is a deadly combination of young and old at WR but the young all have another year of seasoning under their belt and their is some more drafting to be done.

Good job Jerry. :bow:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2055223 said:
Look I don't like the idea of getting rid of Fasano only to draft yet another TE in Bennett.

People are complaining about getting a backup player.

Ladies and gentlemen we just finished a season with 13...THIRTEEN pro-bowlers.
And the reason people complain about it, Brain, is because that's the same mentality Jerry had from 1995 through 1999 when he completely dismantled the team.

On a completely different note, I find the posters who say that GM's know better than fans to be hilarious. We should all be quiet and blindly support the picks because they're smarter than us. Uh huh. We might as well shut Cowboys zone down, I guess, no debate here, just wave the flag and cheer.

At any rate, I'm on the record as not being happy with what happened so far, but I am withholding judgement to see what happens on day 2. However, if there is not a new, game-breaking wide receiver on this roster opposite T.O. by September, I think a major off-season need was neglected.

dmoore

Reaction score
I'm actually excited getting Bennett in the fold. He was my favorite TE, just great physical abilities and size. I didn't think we'd take him because TE wasn't a need, but the Fasano trade cleared the way for this to happen. I think he'll be an excellent threat in the redzone. No one seems to mention the fact that the Patriots have spent a ton of draft picks in the past 5 years on TEs, and it's worked out pretty well for them. Romo's still developing, and you've got to get him as many weapons to grow with as you can.

Don't get me wrong, I would've loved a WR. There was a big run on them in the 2nd, and I don't feel any still available would've been a great pick for the spot. If we can walk away with someone like Caldwell or Monk today, I'll be amazingly happy. Let's not forget that there's 5 rounds left to bring in guys that can have an impact, and I think our next 2 picks should be solid players.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Scotman;2056914 said:
Artie, the short bus comments are inappropriate. As an educator and someone who's had to help raise a child with special needs, I find it...well...inappropriate.

Teufeli, the physical threats are also unwelcome and potentially illegal. Aren't you the one who stated that there were people on this forum acting like children?

Folks, we all root for the same team. It's OK to be disappointed with a draft pick, not OK to take personal shots at each other. By doing so, you keep other people from posting.

This isn't my favorite draft so far. I like having a breakaway threat in Felix. But, is he truly a breakaway threat? I read somewhere that he ran a 4.47. IS that really very fast or did I get the time wrong? One thing I do like about him is his vision. Backs with good vision do not seem to take as many clean hits. I think this is VERY important. I am glad we picked up a RB in the first. I may be the only fan alive that isn't completely sold on Barber. He runs with abandon but, well, the truth of the matter is that I can't put my finger on it. I won't mind eating a healthy portion of crow if I'm wrong but I don't feel like he's the long-term answer at RB. Perhaps I'm just cautious because of how hard I bought into Julius after his rookie year. Afraid to be hopeful, if you will.

The Jenkins pick offered great value at the 25 spot. Like many, I wish we had not had to trade up to get him. If he pans out, he will be more than worth it.

I was initially amazed at the TE pick. I made the wrong assumption that we didn't need a TE since we were willing to get rid of Fasano. Someone on here mentioned that Jason Garrett may have played a hand in these series of transactions. So be it. I'll be rooting hard for the guy.

So what does day two hold for us? I'm hoping for a WR or two, a FB, a guard (probably earlier than most of you..even next if it were up to me), a DT and a QB late. I have more wants left than we have picks. :D

Agreed Scotman. I too am a special educator for adapted physical education.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I too am excited about our new TE. I'll admit I thought the pick was crazy last night. Bujt after, reading up on the guy (hadn't really paid attention to tight ends over the last few months) I think he will be a GREAT addition and tons better than what Fasano could offer. His hight alone creates match up problems in the redzone plus he has soft hands and doesn't drop passes from what I have read. He isn't a Vernon Davis speed demon, but his speed is good enough to play TE (Faster than Malcolm Kelly) and he completely destroys LB's when blocking. This can only be good news for Barber and F. Jones. Great pick.....I am excited.

jman

Reaction score
I have him as the #1 corner on my board My board isn't where they will be drafted but rather how they'll turn out as pros.

Better than 50% of the first rounders today will be busts so where they were drafted really doesn't matter in the end.

And for the record, Jones was the #8 RB and Jenkins was the #12 CB, both with less than a 35% chance of becoming long term starters in the NFL.

Do you happen to have the lotto numbers for next week?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
sago1;2054988 said:
Doubt Jerry made the 2nd round pick all his own. Wade & Jason Garrett might have really wanted this TE instead of a WR in the 2nd round. Just doesn't make sense to me. Why trade Fasano who at least familiar with our offense for another TE who now must come in & learn the whole system. Bennet's got real good size (just like Witten) but his speed doesn't appear to be that great. Don't understand this pick at all; not happy with it.
Because Fasano had a bad back last year and football players seldom ever recover from back injurys. Also this kid id a lot bigger than Fasano and will help put more as a blocker.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
fiveandcounting;2056925 said:
I love how these fans use message boards to criticize the only thing that message boards actually exist for, namely non professionals exchanging personal opinions.

Discussions and disagreements are fine but calling the owner a moron or others ******** and getting into e-fights are ridiculous.